Ohana

New Nautilus, with a clasp enquiry....

Ohana

This arrived last week from Joshua at PC, very happy with the watch, and another excellent transaction with Joshua.

Nautilus Jumbo, Miyota 9015 movement.

A small niggle for me is the locking clasp on the bracelet butterfly. It "clicks" into place quite satisfyingly, however it requires just the slightest amount of upward pull to unlock. A few times it has opened on my wrist without any fiddling on my part.

For clarity, the second image shows the locking clasp in the open position.

I'm wondering if I am over worrying, or, in my usual fashion of repair, should I give it a bash with a hammer to tighten up the clasp :help:

P9250145.jpg

P9250146.jpg

P9250147.jpg

Edited by Ohana

FoxWilde

Actually, this is not an unusual feature. It's honestly the same deal on the gen. Of the three gen 5711s I've had the pleasure of wearing so far they all have the same delicate, almost flimsy feel on the lock. It is as it is. Nautilus clasps are not the sturdiest, despite being THE sports watch, I suppose. It's sleek, low profile, but not as bulletproof as say a Seamasters or a Rolex locking clasp. I think the aquanaut has it better. 

blueoysterboy

I agree with @FoxWilde.  I make a point of trying on Patek's when I'm at a AD, knowing there is no way on earth I will ever be able to own one.  I have noticed the clasp on the Nautilus to be somewhat weak, Aquanauts modestly better.  Got to admit I'm not a bracelet guy no matter what the watch is.