WarBoom

Bought a Tudor Pelagos

WarBoom

Bought a gen 2013 Tudor Pelagos off eBay for a pretty good deal.

I love it so far. You can almost use the lume as a flashlight it’s so darn bright!

I have a 8.25in wrist and the 42mm case fits it like a dream. The bracelet is almost as comfy as a jubilee but feels as strong and rugged as an oyster.

The bezel is 60 clicks per rev but is a ball detent type that has a completely different feel than a sub.

92271282fa90f08f8a29fafc47e2d800.jpg

ad721c79f8e6a8a4e26c1ff3ddbb07c7.jpg

b33c9636cb846ebd4358943c83ec7837.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Congratulations on the new piece! 

Mine says hello...

IMG_20180922_113400635369ac9e4bde23.jpg
IMG_20180901_1752040f3b55d4facf1dc3.jpg

They are beautiful time pieces.  I so much prefer the two liners to the newer 5 liners. 

WarBoom

I wanted the in-house movement but this eta is keeping .2-.7s per day and less than 1 sec in the 2 days I’ve observed.

I wanted to have a peek just to be sure it was gen and I’m satisfied. This 2824 looks fantastic. I could almost wish it had a sapphire back now.

41a142b4f92b6d03b6dc5789218cd3e0.jpg

Rx4Time

Truthfully, the 2824 is a better choice from an ownership perspective.  Parts are redialy available so ownership costs will be lower vs the in house movement can only be fixed by Rolex. 

WarBoom
Truthfully, the 2824 is a better choice from an ownership perspective.  Parts are redialy available so ownership costs will be lower vs the in house movement can only be fixed by Rolex. 

Slightly thinner case and a helluva workhorse movement too. I’m betting the first generation 2-liners will be more collectible in the future too.

soundefx

Gorgeous.  Willing to share what you paid?

WarBoom

$2800 + shipping for a like new.
It seems to be about $200 less than what the 2 liners go for on Reddit, watchuseek and eBay. 5 liners seem to go for $3400ish.
I’ve seen them as low as $2700 but they sell in about 5 minutes.

MadMAx08

It's a good looking  watch 

judas9r

I want one sooo bad! It was my plan to by a rep, but Im going to save myself fo a gen. I did own a Heritage Chrono a couple of years back (which, stupidity, i sold to free up some funds), though i did find the edges of the lugs and case to be,, occasionally, a little uncomfortable. It might be a me problem as i tend to wear watches loose on skinny wrists. How do you find the Pelagos case? Ive not had the opportunity to get close to one in the metal. Cheers, judas9r.

WarBoom

[quote post="2173234" timestamp="1541533309" name="judas9r" userid="100478"How do you find the Pelagos case? Ive not had the opportunity to get close to one in the metal. Cheers, judas9r.

I have large wrists at 8.25in it fits me very very well. I currently have it adjusted so that when it’s above my wrist bone the springs are slightly stretched which holds it in place but still comfortable.

American Psycho

love the pelagos great choice

Bill_C

That really is a beautiful piece!

bdnica
On 27/09/2018 at 08:36, Rx4Time said:

Absolutely true that.  One of the 'usual suspects' from Watchbox used to work for a Tudor AD.  Only a few nights ago on a YouTube discussion of buying & selling  he was asked specifically whether he'd go with the Tudor in-house or the ETA.  He said, as someone who was trained by the brand,  hands-down, no question the ETA.   For the reasons stated above. 

So good call!

onionbag

A lovely timepiece. A key component in Tudors'  ..........raised awareness....it's IPA ,  unshaved time.

I know none of the above is true...

EBB

plus this one doesn't have the novel of text.

Rx4Time

I do love my genuine Tudor pelagos.  I had the pleasure of comparing a side-by-side to a replica five liner.  The quality of the replica was astounding but the devil's in the details.   Personally I don't see why they switched over from ETA based movements to in house.  Historically Tudor was intended to be a more economical option utilizing solid but cost-effective ETA movements.  From an ownership perspective in house movements make me nervous because should they decide to stop making parts for it you're out of luck which ultimately will happen in most cases. 

IMG_20180902_0954133effa34ebd7c4d01.jpg
IMG_20180902_100014cee02ead748d71b1.jpg
IMG_20180901_174928af8c11519531aee0.jpg

m604c310

What side is the gen? Awesome watches!

WarBoom

Definitely the left. The gen’s lume can be used as a flashlight.

BIG GRUNDY

Nice watch..on my wish list as well.   Interestingly, I have read/heard info on the in-house versus 2824 and the consensus was the 2824.

I was suprised on how light the watch is as a friend I know has one.  It's truly a looker in person.

let me know if you want to sell...heh

Rx4Time
1 hour ago, m604c310 said:

Left is gen.  The two most prominent tells are the lume isn't as strong....the gen lume is just about the strongest I've encountered....it even begins to glow is room level lighting after being outdoors.  The other tell the the text on the dial isn't as bright and has a greyish tone.  Don't misunderstand me, the rep is phenomenal and I highly recommend it.  Also, I noticed the rep scratches significantly easier then the gen.   Probably a different alloy of titanium.

SteveA
qwerty21

Great watch, congrats to your purchase! 

Never had pelagos, but owned Black bay for several years and loved it.

Also agree with the discussion above - ETA hands down. Sits way better on wrist also, because its not as fat as new in house movement, plus servicing down the road wont be expensive.