Sign in to follow this  
edwelly

Can you explain to me the differences in these two Omegas?

edwelly

Hello all. I have been working with Saul at Silix concerning a new watch. Since I am a newb, can you break down the difference in quality on these two watches for me, please? I understand they have different movements, but other than the second hand moving smoother, what is the real difference and is the higher one more likely to last longer - work better? THANKS - Erik

FIRST MODEL: http://silix-prime.com/ome065-p-2287.html

SECOND MODEL: http://silix-prime.com/omes024-p-1639.html

P.S. can anyone who has the second model comment on it?

greg_r

Well other than the fact that they are totally different watches...

The cheapie is a 21J with faux chronos (i.e. the subdials will not work like the gen). It's a real cheapie - don't expect too much from it.

The other one is a good quality watch with a good movement which, even if it turns out to be an Asian clone movement rather than gen Swiss (which is possible) is easily serviced and if given attention when it needs it should last as long as the gen.

Really not understanding why the difficulty here - the difference is night and day.

edwelly

greg_r - still learning here :thumbsup2: . Is the higher quality less likely to have problems in the long term or is it just closer to the gen? I guess that is a my main question.

nunu78

It will not only last long but it's more close to then Gen.

Luthier

Ofcourse, cheap 21J will give you more problems with time.

pfcdre

the seamaster wins hands down,sorry but the movnt better,its closer to gen,and the seamaster will last you longer.Its a no brainer mate,good luck