dannybo1

Need some help/Advice on AP replica

dannybo1

Hi guys,

new to the replica seen, I’m looking to buy either this http://www.aootime07.com/Replica-AP-Royal-Oak-Offshore-Bumble-Bee-Forged-Carbon-on-Leather-Strap-A7750-V2-66087.html  or this http://www.aootime07.com/Replica-AP-Royal-Oak-Offshore-Real-Forge-Carbon-Grand-Prix-JF-V3-A3126-66190.html and maybe this haha http://www.aootime07.com/Replica-AP-Royal-Oak-Offshore-2018-SIHH-Combat-44mm-JF-Green-Ceramic-Bezel-Camo-Rubber-Strap-A3126-66186.html

just trying to understand how quality these replicas actually are for the price? I mean I’m used to the el cheapo reps from thailand that fall apart after a year, but spending 6-700$ on a rep has me a little nervouse, I would want it to last for the price,...

so my question is are the movements in these watches any good and are gonna last? And are the JF AP reps of high quality? Yes I knkw they’re reps, they will come with their flaws etc and that’s ok, but as long as they keep decent time and don’t fall apart after a year or two I’m happy.

Can any one with some knowledge chime in and give a newb some advice? Or point me in the direction of the best ap reps etc?

thanks so much for your help 

Edited by dannybo1
Spelling

GenTLe

JF are the best AP replica out there (both the chrono, the Royal Oak and the Royal Oak divers).

But the movement is pretty delicate as they are a modified version of the 7750.

Rx4Time

Personally I'd go for a non chronograph AP diver.  They are extremely accurate and have a much more reliable movement inside, depending on version either an  ETA clone or miyota.  The jf v7 is considered the best for modifications, but I've had a jf v9 with miyota previously and it was just as well built (built like a tank is how I'd describe it).  either should last many years and if the movement fails, they are easy to source a replacement movement and have installed.  Below is my v7.   they have other finish and case materials like forged carbon. 

IMG_20180822_120814950bef4ee0b75ab4.jpg
IMG_20180719_155810702d9d52dc233d33.jpg

dannybo1
26 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

JF are the best AP replica out there (both the chrono, the Royal Oak and the Royal Oak divers).

But the movement is pretty delicate as they are a modified version of the 7750.

Yes, I’m hearing a few bad things about this 7750 movement, I don’t want to be stuck with a $700 brick after a year, I love that bumble bee so much though :(

10 minutes ago, Rx4Time said:

Personally I'd go for a non chronograph AP diver.  They are extremely accurate and have a much more reliable movement inside, depending on version either an  ETA clone or miyota.  The jf v7 is considered the best for modifications, but I've had a jf v9 with miyota previously and it was just as well built (built like a tank is how I'd describe it).  either should last many years and if the movement fails, they are easy to source a replacement movement and have installed.  Below is my v7.   they have other finish and case materials like forged carbon. 

IMG_20180822_120814950bef4ee0b75ab4.jpg
IMG_20180719_155810702d9d52dc233d33.jpg

Beautiful watch, I may just get one. Didn’t think to look at those was to blinded by the chronos haha.

Rx4Time

Chronographs look cool, but are a nightmare when things go bad.  I've been there but have divested myself of most chronographs now.  The diver is a phenomenal piece.  Best wishes in your new line of research you are about to embark upon. Feel free to drop a message if you need help.