BrosefStalin

ARF Daytona movement spring repair in USA?

BrosefStalin

Anyone able to help me fix/replace this spring clip part? Happy to pay for USA repair. 

838C0994-DA84-4650-A52F-61630B6B075C6ef2
0E46482B-907F-4361-8750-1207740E84D8e546

BrosefStalin

Hi I did and he said no chrono movements

:(

BrosefStalin

anyone??

Luxuracer
8 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

anyone??

Send @mzinski a PM and check with him.

hanski
38 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Send @mzinski a PM and check with him.

What movement is this? 

deju
2 minutes ago, mzinski said:

What movement is this? 

Modified slimmed down 7750 

BadPickle
6 minutes ago, mzinski said:

What movement is this? 

oh yeah.... send it to this guy ^^^  clearly know's his stuff :rofl: maybe he was looking for the battery....

good luck OP 

FoxWilde

I'm not sure who on the forum works on chrono movements, but I'm sure there are some. If you can't find anyone on here,  just remove the movement from a case and take it to a local watchsmith

hanski
On 29/09/2018 at 06:22, BrosefStalin said:

Anyone able to help me fix/replace this spring clip part? Happy to pay for USA repair. 

Is there anything else wrong with the movement other than the clutch spring having come out? Also, how did this come out?

If in fact this is the only thing wrong, it looks like you have some tweezers there with you - maybe you can try to replace the spring yourself.  Probably the worst thing that could happen is the part go flying (these little springs have a tendency to do that). And if this doesn't work, go to RadioShack, buy a new battery (doesn't matter which one), and just jam the battery in there - that should solve it too! =)

Slide the long arm of the spring into it's position until the shorter end is touching the automatic bridge.
Then with your tweezers grab the point illustrated below and lift it over the locating screw.
post-246-0-78668700-1433857277_thumb.jpg

Once over the screw, push it forward and until the loop is seated on the locating screw.

post-246-0-86921400-1433857282_thumb.jpg

GenTLe

That's a super easy fix if it is just that. If it's bent and you can't make it straight then just get a new one and insert it straight as from the last pic in the post above this.
How did you mangled it that way?

hanski
3 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

That's a super easy fix if it is just that. If it's bent and you can't make it straight then just get a new one and insert it straight as from the last pic in the post above this.
How did you mangled it that way?

It's a $5 part at Ofrei, part 8320. 

http://www.ofrei.com/page1539.html

BrosefStalin

Hi guys. I was doing something else and hit it w a screwdriver when it slipped and knocked it out. It got bent a little and I tried to put it back in 50times and just cant get it, maybe something is in a blocking position for the clip to go in? And it needs rotated slightly idk. I just can’t get it. 

10:10 Watch Repair
On 02/10/2018 at 00:26, BrosefStalin said:

Hi guys. I was doing something else and hit it w a screwdriver when it slipped and knocked it out. It got bent a little and I tried to put it back in 50times and just cant get it, maybe something is in a blocking position for the clip to go in? And it needs rotated slightly idk. I just can’t get it. 

You need two hands and two tools to insert that spring. The standard practice is to grip the curved end with tweezers, then slide the spring on while holding it down and guiding with sharpened peg wood. Sure it's easy if you know how to work on movements, but otherwise...

Viking95

Looks like a difficult task.  The slight bending may be why its not going back in.

Edited by Viking95

GingerApple
On 01/10/2018 at 20:47, mzinski said:

Is there anything else wrong with the movement other than the clutch spring having come out? Also, how did this come out?

If in fact this is the only thing wrong, it looks like you have some tweezers there with you - maybe you can try to replace the spring yourself.  Probably the worst thing that could happen is the part go flying (these little springs have a tendency to do that). And if this doesn't work, go to RadioShack, buy a new battery (doesn't matter which one), and just jam the battery in there - that should solve it too! =)

Slide the long arm of the spring into it's position until the shorter end is touching the automatic bridge.
Then with your tweezers grab the point illustrated below and lift it over the locating screw.
post-246-0-78668700-1433857277_thumb.jpg

Once over the screw, push it forward and until the loop is seated on the locating screw.

post-246-0-86921400-1433857282_thumb.jpg

Amazing instructions there mate, well done! Did you take those pictures yourself or are they from an online resource? If the latter, could you share the source? If the former, you're a forum legend for  doing it.

hanski
54 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

Amazing instructions there mate, well done! Did you take those pictures yourself or are they from an online resource? If the latter, could you share the source? If the former, you're a forum legend for  doing it.

I really wish I could be a legend for you but I’m not. 

Great site: https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/2309-eta-7750-service-walkthrough-the-industry-standard-chronograph/

GingerApple

Oh wow, having now had a good look at that 7750 strip down, that's an incredible resource. The detail is awesome. I'm signing up as a member as I type, I can't wait to dig in. Thanks again for sharing.

Luxuracer
2 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

Oh wow, having now had a good look at that 7750 strip down, that's an incredible resource. The detail is awesome. I'm signing up as a member as I type, I can't wait to dig in. Thanks again for sharing.

Congrats ... One more step closer to become GSteel    :thumbsup:

GingerApple
20 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Congrats ... One more step closer to become GSteel    :thumbsup:

I've already seen a million posts over there from the OG: Ssteel himself. People even refer to him as a professional watch repairer. I bet Pickle would have an opinion on that...,

Luxuracer
14 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

I've already seen a million posts over there from the OG: Ssteel himself. People even refer to him as a professional watch repairer. I bet Pickle would have an opinion on that...,

You should have signed up as GSteel .... :rofl:

Glaude
17 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

He's indeed very active over there, noticed that in the past

He is a professional watch repairer as he gets paid to repair watch... he's not a good professional watch repairer nor an honest professional watch repairer

GSteel won't be anything like that !

GingerApple
6 hours ago, Glaude said:

He's indeed very active over there, noticed that in the past

He is a professional watch repairer as he gets paid to repair watch... he's not a good professional watch repairer nor an honest professional watch repairer

GSteel won't be anything like that !

I'll be ten times as bad!!!! At least he sometimes fixes watches.