HealP

Trying to decide on first Rep Sub

chinksmiley

I have to say that I had a Noob 116610 with the clone 3135 and it was pretty much shot after about ten months.  On the otherhand, my Noob 114060 with the A2824 is still running strong for over a year.  If you can make it work, I'd say go for the eta high beat if possible

HealP

Just paid for the Regmariner.

I think it will be a fun watch.

I first saw one on a NATO a few years ago and was smitten with its looks.

I never thought I would be able to have one.

I don't care if people think its fake, I just like the way it looks.

Hope it holds up for 5 years or so.

Glaude
29 minutes ago, HealP said:

That's the spirit ! :thumbsup2:

McGilli
32 minutes ago, HealP said:

I just like the way it looks.

Awesome, enjoy it!

Rx4Time
1 hour ago, HealP said:

Just paid for the Regmariner.

I think it will be a fun watch.

I first saw one on a NATO a few years ago and was smitten with its looks.

I never thought I would be able to have one.

Hope it holds up for 5 years or so.

Good first choice!  Now welcome to the addiction.  Once you get it in hand you'll find yourself looking at other models and brands.   My favorites now are ones I never heard of prior to getting into this hobby, such as blancpain.  Enjoy!

blueoysterboy

One word: Noob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onionbag
On 01/10/2018 at 16:40, narikaa said:

Pretty fond of it myself

:D

Tis nice. 

Never bought one though.

I bought loads of  Ali ...sighs.

HealP

Just got my Regmariner a couple days ago.

Only took about 3 weeks

The watch is really nice.

The lume lasted as long as the lume on my SKX009.

I found that impressive.

The movement has an audible winding noise when you move it quickly.

I don't care, just saying that is something I noticed.

I am only used to the 7S26 movement in my seiko (which is quieter).

I'm really happy with the watch and appreciate that you guys suggested the Regmariner over the cheap stuff I was looking at before.

eyBah.md.jpg

McGilli
30 minutes ago, HealP said:

I'm really happy with the watch and appreciate that you guys suggested the Regmariner over the cheap stuff I was looking at before.

Well done! It looks great. Good job on ordering that one. I was worried you would order something else.

So, now wear it for a few days - then I'd like a 5,000 word review on the watch. Lots of photos. But your review should mostly be stories from past vacations and stuff that happened to you 20 years ago. That's how I got so famous. Hahaha.. Not!

Enjoy!

paccbet
48 minutes ago, HealP said:

Just got my Regmariner a couple days ago.

Only took about 3 weeks

The watch is really nice.

The lume lasted as long as the lume on my SKX009.

I found that impressive.

The movement has an audible winding noise when you move it quickly.

I don't care, just saying that is something I noticed.

I am only used to the 7S26 movement in my seiko (which is quieter).

eyBah.md.jpg

Nice grab! The 6 digit no date sub is seriously an understated piece

Thommo82

Good choice mate! Perfect first rep!

Funny how so many (including me) go for the Sub first. 

It’s like a break out watch, a safe first choice, a coming out of the closet watch....... um.....

Though I still think the Rolex Submariner is a beautiful watch, two years into this hobby and I much prefer the styling of my latest black ceramic Diver 

7-C744-B14-82-B9-48-FC-B73-E-1848-E7-A1-

Same same, but different

@HealP I guarantee as you delve more into this hobby your tastes in watches will expand and vary in ways you can’t predict. 

Watches you at first didn’t like the look of will start becoming more and more appealing,  and one you like the look of you will buy, try on, and realise it not for you. 

For now, enjoy your Sub, you will get the itch for another watch soon, then they just start rolling in, one after the other like a lingering fart in an elevator

HealP

Thommo82, that is a cool watch.

It's kind of Spartan and Modern at the same time.

Thommo82
16 minutes ago, HealP said:

Thommo82, that is a cool watch.

It's kind of Spartan and Modern at the same time.

Thanks, I love it!

It’s a Scurfa Diver One

Ceramic Bezel, Sapphire crystal, 316L SS, 300metres water resistance, Swiss movement, crazy lume 

9-D522358-9-F3-B-415-A-A44-B-4451-C27-F4

Superbly priced, great quality, proper dive watch. 

Picked this one up M2M for $120 USD or there abouts

RussP
On 03/10/2018 at 11:43, HealP said:

BTW, I hate to say it and I hope you don't take it the wrong way but if you are stretching to go from a $100 rep to a $175 rep, you are not going to pull off wearing a $12,000 watch.

thats so funny, I am a frugal rascal.

Part of me just wants to get an SKX007 and call it a day.

Can't go wrong with the 007 in my opinion.

Having been through the 'rep cycle'........one keeps coming back to the lure of affordable gens.

The Seikos rate very highly in this regard.

Welcome aboard.

Retrouk

My first was a Hulk - as I’ve always wanted one but don’t have it on as much now as I got fed up with the questions, even people who don’t know about watches would go away and google it for price etc . My next rep is a black bay black- far more understated but with the same sub feel and non-watch people really don’t know about them. Then next year I’m planning on picking up a Christopher Ward as my first non quartz gen watch. 

aussietanker
On 03/10/2018 at 12:53, Luxuracer said:

OK ... So you are worry about the movement!

The 2813 21J movement is a workhorse. It will last as long as any A2836/A2824. The only thing is its beat 'a little' slower than the real Sub (@21600bhp vs 28800bph).
If you look closely at Toro listing, to go to A2836 movement you have to add $110 bring the price to $278. Forget about that watch.

Below are you options, so start save up and pick one that fit your pocket.

1) The best beginner watch : Regmariner A2813 .... $175 (shipping included)

2) The best for your money: VRF MAX A2836 .... $348 (plus shipping)

3 The best of the best: ARF 904L A2824 .... $478 (plus shipping)

There you have it. Now, break that piggy bank and get your watch.

On 03/10/2018 at 14:38, CurioLeo said:

I have a suggestion for you. Try something other than a Sub. It's amazing how everyone wants a Sub for their first rep but there are some very high quality reps in that $175 range (the Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine diver comes to mind from a couple of years ago for example) which might be more satisfying or one of numerous Panerais for under $250 (see Toro's specials). Unless of course you really want a Sub, in which case get that :D

On 03/10/2018 at 15:03, narikaa said:

You are wasting your time

As indeed most ADs I've spoken to over the years concur

Swimming in certain ponds the only brand myopically focused on is ROLEX. Those afflicted with that narrow field of vision have best focus on the tawdry Submariner with the easily remembered guidelines formulae: 

Steel Black Sub = wealthy

Steel Sub of other colours = flamboyant + wealthy

Two Tone Black Sub = wealthier than a Steel Sub owner

Two Tone Blue Sub = flamboyant+ wealthier than a Steel Sub owner

All Gold Sub = wealthier than all the above + sneering rights

On 04/10/2018 at 08:22, chinksmiley said:

I have to say that I had a Noob 116610 with the clone 3135 and it was pretty much shot after about ten months.  On the otherhand, my Noob 114060 with the A2824 is still running strong for over a year.  If you can make it work, I'd say go for the eta high beat if possible

Some REALLY awesome advice here guys. Thanks for all the information. Very helpful.

judas9r
On 30/09/2018 at 15:08, HealP said:

Hi all,

I am trying to decide on which rep submariner is the better choice.

Both are from Silix-prime.

Both are under $82 and most likely have the same movements (?).

First has sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel but the crown guards are too big.

http://www.silix-prime.me/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_205_214&products_id=5078

The second has nice shape but has a mineral crystal and painted black bezel. 

http://www.silix-prime.me/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_205_214&products_id=2034

Are the sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel such superior features that that is the watch to get?

Thanks,

Peter

currently own an SKX009

Hi, I havent read all the responces to this post so far so some one probs has already said this, but here's my experience. 

I owned a Seiko skx and bought an £80 rep (Before I had been here and not from a TD) and was appauled by the low quality of the piece. Its a Rlx Exlporer and i just cant express how awful it is. 

Since joining RWG I've bought a couple of reps from Trusty, an MKF Seamaster and a Noob Sub no date, both at around the £250 mark.

Im still waiting for the sub to arrive but, the Omega rep is of outstanding quality. OK, ive only been wearing it for a month, but I havent got a bad thing to say about it yet. I have a couple of other decent watches, but they are not getting a look in at the mo.

My recomendation based on experience so far? If you want Seiko quality, spend Seiko money. Anything less and you risk being seriously disapointed, like I was.

Ive attached a pic of the heart breaking Rlx, Im not adding the Omg as Ive been spamming the hell out of this site with pics of it. Ha!

Good luck with what ever you choose to buy, If you do pick up a decent cheapy, tag me in the review so I know where to get one. 

Cheers, judas9r.

Edited by judas9r
Sorry, I cant add my pic. I really struggle with uploading pics to this forum, find it really clunky. Anyhow, it looks good, but thats as far as it goes.

Thommo82
1 hour ago, judas9r said:

Hi, I havent read all the responces to this post so far so some one probs has already said this, but here's my experience. 

I owned a Seiko skx and bought an £80 rep (Before I had been here and not from a TD) and was appauled by the low quality of the piece. Its a Rlx Exlporer and i just cant express how awful it is. 

Since joining RWG I've bought a couple of reps from Trusty, an MKF Seamaster and a Noob Sub no date, both at around the £250 mark.

Im still waiting for the sub to arrive but, the Omega rep is of outstanding quality. OK, ive only been wearing it for a month, but I havent got a bad thing to say about it yet. I have a couple of other decent watches, but they are not getting a look in at the mo.

My recomendation based on experience so far? If you want Seiko quality, spend Seiko money. Anything less and you risk being seriously disapointed, like I was.

Ive attached a pic of the heart breaking Rlx, Im not adding the Omg as Ive been spamming the hell out of this site with pics of it. Ha!

Good luck with what ever you choose to buy, If you do pick up a decent cheapy, tag me in the review so I know where to get one. 

Cheers, judas9r.

Try using this site to upload pics

https://postimages.org/

judas9r
57 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Try using this site to upload pics

https://postimages.org/

Thanks dude. They sent me a PW with loads of 0's, o's and O's in that thats really confusing for a bear of very little brain.

stormtooper4

rol116_01.jpg

This one 

HealP

Regmariner update.

Been wearing it for about a week or so.

Its running very well, only about 15 seconds fast per day!

Thats better than my SKX009 which is 30 seconds fast per day.

Tried it on a nato (which I like because its lighter) but put it back on the bracelet.

It just seems to be the correct band for that watch.

2cHQy.jpg

HealP

Bought my second Regmariner No Date from Reg recently.

The one I bought 2 years ago is doing great.

There was a weird problem with the watch.

I emailed Reg and he was INCREDIBLY helpful.

We emailed back and forth about the problem.

He asked me to mail it back to him and he would have it looked at.

The watch would normally be repairable but there is some freak issue with the caseback and Reg said he would send me a NEW watch.

I am SO grateful for his willingness to stand behind his product.

I wanted people to here yet another nice thing about this Trusted Dealer

• Like 4

Figmo

Congrats on your second purchase, and for having made the right choice in going with a well reviewed model from a trusted dealer - who according to your positive experience offers great customer service both during and after purchase. Also good to hear your first watch is doing well two years later.