alanArgon

HULK Noob v9 or VRF Max?

alanArgon

Can the experts share opinion on which Hulk - esp the color of Bezel - comes as better rep for the Hulk Submariner. Looking to get one and wanted to know more. Currently I think most mentioned that the VRF Max is closest... is that right?

Glaude

Wanna see a magic trick ? 

Here :

@Luxuracer 

And boom in a few moments you'll have your answer :p 

Logixa

VRF on bezel color, noob on every other part of the watch :rofl:

just buy the noob and buy a bezel insert from Mary

Luxuracer
32 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Wanna see a magic trick ? 

And boom in a few moments you'll have your answer :p 

Huhh .... Who just wake me up ?!?

Luxuracer
12 hours ago, alanArgon said:

HULK Noob v9 or VRF Max?

So ... Noob V9 Hulk or VRF (Max) Hulk .... That is the question.

If you put the Noob V9 and the VRF Hulk side-by-side on the table or on your wrist, the VRF looks better, in both low light and natural light due to the better insert. If you start taking the 10X, 100X loupe and your digital caliper out and try to compare which one is 'closer' to gen, the Noov V9 might win by 1/2 point. I personally handled and compared both watches so I know.

They come down to your references;

- If you want the 'best' of the best quality finishing 904L steel ... get the ARF 904L Hulk ... ARF 904L quality finishing and insert are better than Noov V9

- If you want the 'best' looking Hulk for your money ... get the VRF Max Hulk

- If you want to franken you Hulk with gen parts, swap out the insert with a VRF, replace the buckle with an ARF ... then get the Noob V9 904L SA3135 ... since it is the one that can take gen parts, has the biggest fan base, and always come short ... :giggle:

Luxuracer
26 minutes ago, Logixa said:

just buy the noob and buy a bezel insert from Mary

I never saw an ARF Hulk in person ... but there is a comparison over RWI ... The ARF 'looks better' than the Noob in every way.

BUT ... the Noob's 'bandwagon' is BIG and moving STRONG ... so anyone can always jump on it and take a ride! :rofl:

duddlyboy
12 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

So ... Noob V9 Hulk or VRF (Max) Hulk .... That is the question.

If you put the Noob V9 and the VRF Hulk side-by-side on the table or on your wrist, the VRF looks better, in both low light and natural light due to the better insert. If you start taking the 10X, 100X loupe and your digital caliper out and try to compare which one is 'closer' to gen, the Noov V9 might win by 1/2 point. I personally handled and compared both watches so I know.

They come down to your references;

- If you want the 'best' of the best quality finishing 904L steel ... get the ARF 904L Hulk ... ARF 904L quality finishing and insert are better than Noov V9

- If you want the 'best' looking Hulk for your money ... get the VRF Max Hulk

- If you want to franken you Hulk with gen parts, swap out the insert with a VRF, replace the buckle with an ARF ... then get the Noob V9 904L SA3135 ... since it is the one that can take gen parts, has the biggest fan base, and always come short ... :giggle:

I agree with this VRF MAX Hulk was the greatest rep watch on the planet for about 3 weeks . Then got forgotten about when the V8/V9 came out , and 1000x loupe gang got started . A underrated rep watch .

Luxuracer
13 minutes ago, duddlyboy said:

I agree with this VRF MAX Hulk was the greatest rep watch on the planet for about 3 weeks . Then got forgotten about when the V8/V9 came out , and 1000x loupe gang got started . A underrated rep watch .

Noob Submariners have the biggest fan base ... plus a couple 'experts' who keep the engine of the whole bandwagon hot and running.

McGilli

Gordon Ramsay said it best on Hell's Kitchen Season 13 - "If you wanna be a fuckin' wanker, then keep shouting, acting like a jackass Noo-B. You wanna wake the fuck up and be smart? You want to show me you're more than a petulant child? Cuz it's time for you to get Very Real Fuckin' you tosser."

And he never lies. So, if he thinks VRF is the best... me and mine are happy :) 

Lagger

Had both, the green bezel on the Hulk is better on the max, but I think the V9 is better in every respect and of your after the black bezel then it's a no brainer for me V9 all the way

JDM180

I have the Noob and agree with what others have said about the V/ARF looking better stock. But once your eyes see what people refer to as the crown guards not being right the Noob was the only choice for me. Throw a couple upgrades/gen bits on its a winner

Luxuracer
16 hours ago, Lagger said:

but I think the V9 is better in every respect and of your after the black bezel then it's a no brainer for me V9 all the way

10 minutes ago, JDM180 said:

But once your eyes see what people refer to as the crown guards not being right the Noob was the only choice for me. Throw a couple upgrades/gen bits on its a winner

I agree with both of you that Noob had been producing some of the 'best' submariners. 
But I have to laugh when some Noob 'expert' turned a blind eye on the most obvious flaw to the naked eye of the Noob insert and picked on some tiny details on other watches that you can never see without the 10X-100X loupe. 

0x9

What is yoir guys opinion on the best "aftermarket" bezel insert? I heard that LocoLoui, Cerameister and another one should be good? Is there anyone who has seen these bezels in person?

Ziggymarly

Good luck getting a locoloui as he is out of action. I've just ordered a Cerameister will update once received

0x9
1 hour ago, Ziggymarly said:

Good luck getting a locoloui as he is out of action. I've just ordered a Cerameister will update once received

Yeah, i know. Bad story behind that. Though, the bezel color is top notch as others report. Not genlike, but close. I would love to hear your opinion on the cerameister!

SadProfessor

Why not the ARF?

I may be missing something, but after seeing all the evidence between the three I went for the ARF. I am not planning on doing any mods, so that may made a difference.

I haven’t had a v9 but I didn’t have a v6s and a v7. I would say the arf is miles ahead of both of them for fit and finish.

Luxuracer
1 minute ago, SadProfessor said:

Why not the ARF?

You might not read my post ... but I did say;

On 02/10/2018 at 11:11, Luxuracer said:

SadProfessor

Sorry, new here.

I was meant to be replying to OP rather than you.

I did read you post, thought I was adding to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slashdotcom

ARF is better in every aspect.

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

Luxuracer
7 minutes ago, slashdotcom said:

ARF is better in every aspect.

Don't you tell that to a Noob fanboy ... :rofl:

The Noob bandwagon is still moving strong. :dance: 

slashdotcom

Shiiiit...I forgot about that. I'm ready for the noob army now :)

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

Wflinn

Love my v9. Plus vrf only comes with a 2836. Like the option for gen hands and dial

Bubonico

Hi @Luxuracer,

Could all your explanation apply for the submariner date black bezel and dial?

I am not planning to do any mods.

Thanks

Luxuracer
5 hours ago, Bubonico said:

Hi @Luxuracer,

Could all your explanation apply for the submariner date black bezel and dial?

I am not planning to do any mods.

Thanks

As for the Submariner 116610LN, you best choice would be the ARF 116610 904L A2824.
It's currently the best out-of-the-box Submariner. since you are not planning to do any mod to it.

Best of luck

gdhir85
On 02/10/2018 at 16:11, Luxuracer said:

@Luxuracer thank you for sharing this. I am very new here but i have been researching these threads for a few weeks. I definitely am keen on the ARF sub 116660LN but there are two versions, one with sh3135 and one with 2824 movement. The sh3135 seems to have a much larger DW which instantly screams rep. Therefore I was thinking about getting the 2824, but I wanted some advice from a professional rep enthusiast :)