MickSzym

Noob V9 with A2836 or AS3135?

MickSzym

Hi folks,
I am about to pull the trigger on a Submariner. I was considering ARF and Noob V9 but, I think I'll go with the latter. I was almost ready to decide and then... I discovered that the V9 comes with two movements: A2836 (which I have in my omega) and As3135. From what I have read, the As3135 looks more like the gen (which really doesn't matter with the closed case, right?), but the old Rolex movements clones used to be less reliable. My question: which one is more reliable these days?

Thank you!
M.

Edited by MickSzym

RepGuy

A2836

McGilli

I'll let the pros answer. 

A2836 much easier to repair/replace if needed. Like - MUCH easier from what I hear....

Luxuracer
16 minutes ago, MickSzym said:

My question: which one is more reliable these days?

A2836 movement is a lot more reliable than SA3135. Since it is a clone of the ETA2836, there are plenty of replacement parts. They are also inexpensive to replace, or you can even upgrade  to a gen ETA2836-2 movement as a direct drop-in.

On the other hand the SA3135 is unreliable. There are no replacement parts. Expensive to replace. One of a few reasons to get the SA3135 is if you plan to add gen parts to your rep and 'franken' it, since it takes gen dial, gen hands, and gen datewheel without additional modification.

MickSzym

Thank you guys for your insights! I will go for the A2836:)

fatarms

Good choice.  No one sees the movement since it's a solid caseback.  Always go with the Asian clone.  The clone Rolex movements are almost always bastardized versions of Asian clones anyways.

BadPickle

If you have to ask then go 2836 

Steve36

As the fellas say the A2836 is the one to have for a bit peace of mind

MickSzym

Thanks for all the input - much appreciated!

I have another questions/dilemma  - since I am already going to spend 500+USD  on a replica, I have been thinking about how to franken it. Do I understand correctly that ARF looks better out-of-the-box, but V9 can take gen parts, so it should be used as a base for franken? (or the other way around?)

Also, what gen parts would you recommend? I am guessing the crown+tube, crystal? What else can I/should I get for let's say another 500USD? Finally, any modders in Europe?

Michi_Werner
On 14/10/2018 at 04:36, MickSzym said:

Thanks for all the input - much appreciated!

I have another questions/dilemma  - since I am already going to spend 500+USD  on a replica, I have been thinking about how to franken it. Do I understand correctly that ARF looks better out-of-the-box, but V9 can take gen parts, so it should be used as a base for franken? (or the other way around?)

Also, what gen parts would you recommend? I am guessing the crown+tube, crystal? What else can I/should I get for let's say another 500USD? Finally, any modders in Europe?

I’m no expert, but I’ve also read that the ARF is better out of the box and the Noob is better for modding

Pseudorep

Best mod for either is a gen crystal and platninum plate mod for your insert (or a cerameister insert).

Pretty much those two on an ARF or noob are going to make it a super rep. 

But perhaps first get it and wear it for a bit and see if the insert/crystal bothers you.

On the 3135/2824 debate, the 2824 sets the time the opposite way so if that’s a tell that bothers you go with the 3135 and take the risk of it breaking down.