McGilli

McThommo’s Officially Unofficial 2018 RWG XMAS Giveaway Contest - Registration CLOSED!

brang1
8 minutes ago, RussP said:

Hate to be a grammar nazi, but shouldn't that be for fucks' sake? :B):

Is Canada near Tasmania?

Or are they just both shaped like cunts?

No, only one Fuck " Alec"

Thommo82
2 hours ago, RussP said:

Is Canada near Tasmania?

Or are they just both shaped like cunts?

Ha!

Just spit some Pepsi out my nose!

Wriggles
4 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

All right Canada, what in the fuck is going on here???

I have a theory, but I’d like to hear what others think is going on

@GingerBlubba, @Glaude, @Chixisigma, @Luxuracer, @brang1, @Tits McGee, @RussP, @NCRich, @Wriggles, @Oysterboy, @JohnCocktoastin, @BenjaminButton

What is going on??

Fucked if I know.  McGilli always kinda came across as someone who's done far too much LSD over the years....in a good way...but far too much all the same :D

I had a theory there was going to be 10 RWG's in that pic to link in with the birthday, but there's 11 now so fuck knows

Glaude
6 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Ha!

Just spit some Pepsi out my nose!

Isn't that what's supposed to happen ?

Thommo82
7 hours ago, Wriggles said:

Fucked if I know.  McGilli always kinda came across as someone who's done far too much LSD over the years....in a good way...but far too much all the same :D

I had a theory there was going to be 10 RWG's in that pic to link in with the birthday, but there's 11 now so fuck knows

Hmmmm...... interesting. You might be on to something there. 

Perhaps this thread isn’t where it was planned to be due to the absence of our Leader, and we are both half right?

Junior88

Perhaps @McGillis just fucking with you all, to keep you interested in absolutely nothing. 

Thommo82
30 minutes ago, Junior88 said:

Perhaps @McGillis just fucking with you all, to keep you interested in absolutely nothing. 

That also wouldn’t surprise me in the least 

Junior88
2 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

That also wouldn’t surprise me in the least 

Just noticed, sir. 

You're over 4 thousand posts now. 

Thommo82
1 hour ago, Junior88 said:

Just noticed, sir. 

You're over 4 thousand posts now. 

I know right.

Don’t worry, things are in place. Was trying not to mess with RWG birthday celebrations, then Greg got sick and everything was put on hold......

Junior88

LOL it's all good. 

I was just pointing it out, like it was going unnoticed.  Of course it wasn't haha! :rofl: 

McGilli

Alright. I haven't actually said much in this thread - so here's a little information. Albeit very diluted, stealthy information.

Back in early October, Thommo and I had an idea (actually the idea was hatched well, well before that) and Thommo contacted Greg_R about it. Greg was all for it, as he always was with any fantastic ideas :) Ok, well, even just reasonable ideas!

He double checked some of how we were planning to do things, All good.

However, he asked us to wait. He was working on some festivities for  RWG himself (as we have seen or heard tidbit around the site for over a month), and just to be sure there was no overlap - he asked if we would hold off for a while.

Of course we would, not a problem.

I then contacted Greg separately ands asked permission for.... something.... I can't say (A few people know), except it (This was funny) later caught the attention of another higher up. I was politely pulled aside, and asked for an explanation. Of course, Greg had given me his OK for it - so - it was all good. That's when I really understood the power of The Greg! :) 

So what I'm saying is that while this thread might seem.... endlessly useless - it's not. 

I'm happy to say Greg was fully aware of our plans - and he was on board (at least as far as giving us his blessing) - and so I think that with everything that's going on - I'm sad he won't eventually get to see it all - but just know that he knew, and one day when things here do move forward, we can thank him in some way.

Until then.

I will try and spice things up. Just a bit, until things get under way. I'll try and do that soon here.

It however, could be quite some time for the real cataclysmic event to start.

No hurry though. It's like a night out with the guys, we're in no rush to see it end.

GingerApple
8 minutes ago, McGilli said:

It's like a night out with the guys, we're in no rush to see it end.

I think a better description might be, 'It's like an impending car crash, where everything goes in super slow motion, right until your head smashes into the windscreen giving you the mother of all headaches'

;)

Luxuracer
11 minutes ago, McGilli said:

No hurry though. It's like a night out with the guys, we're in no rush to see it end.

I'm here for the long run ... so I don't might waiting.

Glad to hear that Greg_r gave his OK.

Luxuracer
3 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

I think a better description might be, 'It's like an impending car crash, where everything goes in super slow motion, right until your head smashes into the windscreen giving you the mother of all headaches'

;)

All the super slow motion before a car crash is BS.

It all happened in a flash ... you couldn't remember jack when you woke up in the hospital. 

GingerApple
7 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

It all happened in a flash ... you couldn't remember jack when you woke up in the hospital. 

It's not! Happened to me when I was about 18 and driving like a cock in my mum's car. Once it was apparent I was having an accident, everything went crazy slow, like the most surreal thing to ever happen to me. Totally silent too. I was playing really loud music, it was pissing with rain hammering on the roof and windscreen, but in that second or so (that felt like maybe 15 seconds), everything was almost totally silent. Bizarre feeling.

Admittedly I didn't knock myself out which probably makes a big difference!

BenjaminButton
It's not! Happened to me when I was about 18 and driving like a cock in my mum's car. Once it was apparent I was having an accident, everything went crazy slow, like the most surreal thing to ever happen to me. Totally silent too. I was playing really loud music, it was pissing with rain hammering on the roof and windscreen, but in that second or so (that felt like maybe 15 seconds), everything was almost totally silent. Bizarre feeling.

I concur with GB. Car pile up when I was a youth which I survived only thanks to a Saab 900. Slow motion memories.

Here’s the science. Warning this video contains over-the-top behaviour from our Yankee cousins. From the TV series ‘The Brain with David Eagleman’. Brilliant and worth watching.

Junior88

Didn't happen that way with me last year, when I wrecked the tow truck. Didn't even know what I'd hit until I got out of the truck.  No slow motion for me lol.  Just a big fucking BOOM.

Thommo82
3 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

;)

Correct

3 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Incorrect

2 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

Have been involved in two car accidents, time slows down almost comically 

McGilli

WE'RE HAPPY YOU ARE STILL PAYING ATTENTION

TONIGHT I AM GOING TO POST A SERIES OF 9 PHOTOS IN THIS THREAD - ALL AT ONCE

~8pm Pacific Time

THESE ARE NOT RELATED TO ALL THE PREVIOUS PHOTOS - DISREGARD THEM FOR NOW - WE WILL GET BACK TO THEM

THE 9 PHOTOS I POST - ALL CONNECT TO CREATE ONE PHOTO - IT'S LIKE A JIGSAW PUZZLE

ONCE THE PUZZLE IS TOGETHER YOU NEED TO UNSCRAMBLE IT (It's not too hard)[That's what she said]

THE FIRST THREE (3) TO FIGURE OUT THE JUMBLED MESSAGE - PM @Thommo82 and @McGilli (TOGETHER) WITH YOUR ANSWER

YOU GET ONE GUESS.

THE FIRST 3 PEOPLE TO GUESS CORRECTLY GET AN ADVANTAGE IN THE FUTURE.... YOU WILL WANT IT...

Luxuracer

Time warping and slow down is a very common phenomenon of the brain. Time slows way down during moments of extreme experience. Everything goes into slow motion during a life-threatening event. When we focus our attention and emotional heighten, time seems to move at a difference speed, slower than it usually is. 
Every racer knows this. When you hit the brake at the end of the straight to slow down from 165mph to 40mph simultaneously downshift from 6th to 1st gear and hit your turn-in mark, thing does go slower than normal. It might only take a second but it feels like 5 times longer.  A 45 minute race always felt like hours.

... except when you woke up in the hospital ... :rofl:

Glaude

I'm pretty sure no one will doubt that you were all hit on the head in an accident. However the use of the word accident is still open to debate, some will call that misfortune... others missed opportunity... and to be clear, I'm mainly talking about the ginger... :D 

GingerApple

You cock! 8pm Pacific is 4am to me. What fecking chance have I got of being amongst the first to respond!!?!

Admittedly, most of the people subscribed to this thread are severely lacking in brain power, but the six hour head start they'll have on me should help minimise any mental limitations.

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Every racer knows this. I'm a cock. When you hit the brake at the end of the straight I'm a cock to slow down from 165mph to 40mph  I'm a cock simultaneously downshift from 6th to 1st gear I'm a cock and hit your turn-in mark I'm a cock, thing does go slower than normal

I see your point.

4 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I'm pretty sure no one will doubt that you were all hit on the head in an accident. However the use of the word accident is still open to debate, some will call that misfortune... others missed opportunity... and to be clear, I'm mainly talking about the ginger... :D 

I see you French boy. I see you.

McGilli
1 minute ago, GingerBlubba said:

You cock! 8pm Pacific is 4am to me. What fecking chance have I got of being amongst the first to respond!!?!

Yes - thank you - Trust me - I have thought about this much.

I don't like how the time zones will affect this - so - I do have a solution:

I will hold another of these events next week.

This weeks 3 winners cannot win the next event.

AND

I will start next weeks contest at 8am my time - so 12 hour difference. Which I think would be appropriate for the other half of the world.

HOWEVER 

ANYONE is still able to enter no matter what time zone you are in!

GOOD LUCK!

Howitzer
4 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

Admittedly, most of the people subscribed to this thread are severely lacking in brain power, but the six hour head start they'll have on me should help minimise any mental limitations.

+1. Minus the personal abuse of our wonderful membership. Particularly as this abuse includes me, minus the head start.

But as @McGilli already knows, I’m the absolute shittest at these competitions, despite his best efforts.

Proceed.