aimed2gamed

Difference between XF and VS movement Omega Aqua Terra

aimed2gamed

Hi all first post so hope it's in the right place.

I've been looking into getting a Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra for awhile and after looking into them I've been advised two options from the middleman Marry.

She advised me the two batches are similar case quality and just mainly different movement. She said ”XF have it. price is $248. XF and VS ($376) are same factory, just use different name to sell watch.  but the movement is meyota.  ”. 

Could someone please point me in the right direction or explain the difference? Because for extra 129USD I'm not sure if the movement is a huge issue for me.

Thanks, appreciate the help :)

Wriggles

There's a load of new member stickies you should read, one about movements in there. And this is a review section so not really the right place, should post in general discussion. 

If you don't get what you need in the stickies post something more specific than what you already have, rather than a 'which is the best...' it might get a better response

GingerApple

@Luxuracer is our resident Omega geek. Well, he's a geek at least. He'll sort you out.

aimed2gamed
1 hour ago, Wriggles said:

There's a load of new member stickies you should read, one about movements in there. And this is a review section so not really the right place, should post in general discussion. 

If you don't get what you need in the stickies post something more specific than what you already have, rather than a 'which is the best...' it might get a better response

I read through most of the newbie posts and there was unfortunately not a lot of information explaining the difference.

I will happily post a review once it arrives :)

1 hour ago, GingerBlubba said:

@Luxuracer is our resident Omega geek. Well, he's a geek at least. He'll sort you out.

Thanks @GingerBlubba

Luxuracer
3 hours ago, aimed2gamed said:
4 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

Thanks @GingerBlubba

Hi @aimed2gamed,

Welcome to the Repworld.

Post a picture or a link of the exact watch that you are after. Let clarify something first. XF and VSF do NOT make the same Aqua Terra.
- XF Aqua Terra is the 8900 2017 model with Miyota 8215 movement decorated plate to look like Cal 8900.
- VSF Aqua Terra is the 8500 dw @3 with the new Super clone 8400/8500 movement.
-There's  also an old V6F/VSF Aqua Terra 8500 has a Miyota 8215 decorated plate movement.

If you ask which Aqua Terra to get; .... The answer is very simple .... Get the newest VSF Aqua Terra with the Super Clone movement. The extra money is well worth it.

The Miyota 8215 is a great movement, very reliable. I have a few watches that have them. They ra\un great and I have no problem with them, but there are couples things I dislike about them. First the Miyota 8215 run @21,600 bph (the gen 8500/8800 run @25200 bph and the SA8500 run @28,800bph). The slower beat is NOT the issue, but because the construction of the indirect sweep design, the seconds hand sometimes stutters. Second, it doesn't HACK ( I hate that), which mean when you pull the crown to adjust time the second hand doesn't stop. Third, since the rotor sit on top of the decorated plate, it is known to be noisy.

As for the VSF Super clone movement, you can search and read more about it here or over RWI.

GingerApple

Fuck me, what a snoozefest, geekfest, fuckfest!!!!

Ignore that fucker and just buy the prettiest one, simples!

Told you he was a geek!!!!

Luxuracer
5 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

Fuck me, what a snoozefest, geekfest, fuckfest!!!!

Ignore that fucker and just buy the prettiest one, simples!

Told you he was a geek!!!!

The word 'geek' doesn't go well with me ... you gingerfuckweasel.

The Fu'King Luxu can NEVER be a geek.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER ... I HAVE POWER!

GingerApple

:notworthy:

McGilli

Worst review ever!

This is horrible. Funny thing though...

I still learned more about watches here than any of my reviews have ever taught me :)

Killedby

Is any of you been able to purchase the VSF blue dial aqua terra lately? it seems impossible to find 

Edited by Killedby