bananakid0

Is this a GEN Daytona?

CurioLeo

You are generalizing on the back of one guy ? I am talking about hundreds of highly successful professionals over 25 years. Of course, there are many watch people who say a Daytona was made to be a tool watch and should be treated as such. There are many, many more non-watch people who buy a Daytona because when they walk into an AD and ask which Rolex they should buy, to demonstrate they made it, they get told "the Daytona but unfortunately the ss version is out, would you like to consider a two tone or gold one?"

Bobbylah

No generalizing. You stated you had not seen a single one trashed. I have.

Luxuracer

I saw a few 'abused' Rolex.

After a close inspection, I am 100% sure this Daytona is GEN. There is NO rep part. The bezel is genuine solid gold. The dial is gen. The case, crow,n and pushers are gen. 

bananakid0
On 22/10/2018 at 13:49, Luxuracer said:

I saw a few 'abused' Rolex.

After a close inspection, I am 100% sure this Daytona is GEN. There is NO rep part. The bezel is genuine solid gold. The dial is gen. The case, crow,n and pushers are gen. 

Thank you!

GingerApple
23 minutes ago, bananakid0 said:

Thank you!

Jesus! That's a hell of a delayed reaction!!! Lux disappeared off the face of the earth about six months ago. Rumour has it he's been deported! #PrayForLux #ScaleTheWall 

bananakid0
9 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Jesus! That's a hell of a delayed reaction!!! Lux disappeared off the face of the earth about six months ago. Rumour has it he's been deported! #PrayForLux #ScaleTheWall 

Took my time to ensure it was a quality answer

GingerApple
4 minutes ago, bananakid0 said:

Took my time to ensure it was a quality answer

:rofl:

Time well spent :thumbsup2:

So what's happened with the Daytona? Back from servicing yet?

bananakid0
3 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

:rofl:

Time well spent :thumbsup2:

So what's happened with the Daytona? Back from servicing yet?

Yes - serviced under warranty. wanted to charge me initially but decided not to in the end. They couldn't believe the screw had come off on its own.

Now needing to find someone to give it a good polish

GingerApple
22 minutes ago, bananakid0 said:

Yes - serviced under warranty. wanted to charge me initially but decided not to in the end. They couldn't believe the screw had come off on its own.

Now needing to find someone to give it a good polish

:ttiwwop:

Abe Fromen

Funny - I know a guy who owns a helicopter tour business and he wears a black dial full YG daytona as his daily beater. It's been immersed in every heli liquid imaginable and banged around engine bays and looks like a POS... but it's gen and his his daily. The watches he cares for are his Breguets and Pateks (and for the record, this guy is Swiss born and bred). 

MD12112

A

Edited by MD12112

MD12112

I had a chrono pusher damaged, had to replace at my own cost for a 2001 model. Which was the only gen watch i had and used it as a daily beater. They are solid watches. Gave it to a known associate for a full refurb, came out like new. 

Edited by MD12112