usercode

Hello from the East Coast of the US

usercode

Hi guys! I'm usercode. I'm super new to the rep world and I am very very intrigued to browse with people who don't just go on DH Gate (where I am coming from lol). Very excited to learn this new hobby and just talk about a passion of mine for the past couple years, watches. 

Mike R

Welcome aboard @usercode !

McGilli
12 minutes ago, usercode said:

I'm super new to the rep world and I am very very intrigued to browse with people who don't just go on DH Gate (where I am coming from lol). 

So, you must have some reps you bought from DHG?

Around here - photos are king. Throw up some photos, tell us what watches you like - and what you might look for in the future (after you've read all the new user information ;)). 

Don't worry - no one will laugh too hard if your DHG purchases were... not the best. Many of us still order from there these days, as there are treasures to be found if you dig enough.

So, welcome - and let's see some photos!

stfrance

Welcome bro from West Coast..;)

MOT

Hey man, starting to understand the insanity!! Fekin oxymoron in itself.

Edited by MOT

MOT
10 hours ago, usercode said:

Hi guys! I'm usercode. I'm super new to the rep world and I am very very intrigued to browse with people who don't just go on DH Gate (where I am coming from lol). Very excited to learn this new hobby and just talk about a passion of mine for the past couple years, watches. 

Is the DH gate experience as dreadful as it looks.  I almost did.  Im all in a bit of a dither if im honest.  I know its wrong, but.......?

pstar_1980

Welcome aboard @usercode - lot's to learn and read on the best forum about! Enjoy!!

Glaude

Hi and welcome ! 

There are some DHGate dwellers on here too, some good thing to have there if you know your way in ;) 

Become a VIP and discover our findings :) 

usercode
17 hours ago, McGilli said:

So, you must have some reps you bought from DHG?

Around here - photos are king. Throw up some photos, tell us what watches you like - and what you might look for in the future (after you've read all the new user information ;)). 

Don't worry - no one will laugh too hard if your DHG purchases were... not the best. Many of us still order from there these days, as there are treasures to be found if you dig enough.

So, welcome - and let's see some photos!

Nah I don't. I'm actually looking to make my first rep purchase soon though. I decided that DHG was a bit too sketchy for me - too easily scammed. I've done some research and know that there are ~some~ "reputable" people who supply decent reps but the website is just not too helpful. I'm definitely sure there is treasure to be found. 

I am actually looking for a chrono right now - I read somewhere that chronographs apparently are harder to replicate and therefore are harder to get. Would you say that's true?

Thanks 

PS I'll be sure to always include photos around here (once i figure out this picr thing)

Edited by usercode
image didnt upload

usercode
7 hours ago, pstar_1980 said:

Welcome aboard @usercode - lot's to learn and read on the best forum about! Enjoy!!

Thanks look forward to it!

Glaude
2 minutes ago, usercode said:

I read somewhere that chronographs apparently are harder to replicate and therefore are harder to get. Would you say that's true?

It's not so much that they harder to replicate visually, but there's only a few chrono movement available, the most common one is the A7750 that can be unreliable in some configuration.

There's a sticky post covering that, have a look in the Watch Repair & Upgrades & Reference section :) 

McGilli
21 minutes ago, usercode said:

I am actually looking for a chrono right now - I read somewhere that chronographs apparently are harder to replicate and therefore are harder to get. Would you say that's true?

Are they harder to get?

Absolutely not.

Is it harder to get one that is reliable?

Yes, from what I hear.

Best thing to do - is check out some of the TD sites. Look for watches you like - then make note of the movement in them.

Then, use the material on this site, there's a whole thread on replica movements - and read about the ones you're looking at. You'll get an idea of what's reliable or not, and what's worth your money or isn't. Remember that if it breaks - you might have to send it back to China - and the entire process of sending iti back, getting it repaired, and then having it shipped back to you can take 2+ months...

But many people here have chrono replicas without issue. Check the review sections of the brand of watch you want.

BenjaminButton

Don’t forget to read all the helpful guides for new members. Reading and searching are your friends. This section is flame free but the rest of the forum is highly flammable and asking questions that have either been answered in the guides or answered in previous threads is met with a interesting blend of virtual burnings at the stake with kindly interjections from the nicer or more knowledgable members as you burn.

Good luck.