MOT

Are we more justified...

BenjaminButton

i couldnt give a shit i wear reps and i dont care who knows i cant afford gens thats why i got into reps

Fuck capital letters and cunting punctuation my learned fellow sums it up here without all the wordy bollocks arseholes like me like to spray over the forum.

MOT
15 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

You think too much! :lol:

Buy reps first, ask questions later ;) 

:clap:Correctamundo! :D

MOT
3 hours ago, deju said:

We are here as a hobby and to interact with great people. 

I enjoy the excitement from research to ordering to waiting on it arriving. “The chase”.

I also enjoy the pub like atmosphere we have. 

Sometimes the actual watches are secondary haha. 

I like steinhart but similar  regards to a rep, I would just look at it knowing it wasn’t the one I actually wanted. So I think I’ll avoid homages. 

If anything I think the rep OCD helps you appreciate little things no one else notices when going gen! 

:Applause: Yep, well put

3 minutes ago, BenjaminButton said:

Fuck capital letters and cunting punctuation my learned fellow sums it up here without all the wordy bollocks arseholes like me like to spray over the forum.

emoji6.png

:D

Chixisigma

Fake watches are for fake people, you vacuous apes. Buy real

Cxs

FL13

Succinctly,

If you buy and wear replicas, they are for yourself.

If you brag to the world that you own a "ROLEX" and it's a rep, you are being a dishonest person.

I own one replica currently, an AP 15450 White dial, Stainless.

Why? Because the gen is $16000 and I'm not going to buy one any time soon just to enjoy the look of the bracelet and dial.

I don't brag about it or post it to my Instagram, because it's fake, and I know it, and I'm not willing to try to fool other watch people into believing it's real.

The rep is for myself. But wearing it, provides me 1% of the pride or enjoyment that I get from even wearing my Tisell Hulk Homage, because at least that's not Trying to be something it is not. It is Genuinely saying: "HEY! I love the Rolex Hulk, but Can't get one so here's my Tisell instead!"

40109785_228258091202423_211474873011981

MOT
1 hour ago, FL13 said:

Succinctly,

If you brag to the world that you own a "ROLEX" and it's a rep, you are being a dishonest person.

Why? Because the gen is $16000 and I'm not going to buy one any time soon just to enjoy the look of the bracelet and dial.

I don't brag about it or post it to my Instagram, because it's fake, and I know it, and I'm not willing to try to fool other watch people into believing it's real.

The rep is for myself. But wearing it, provides me 1% of the pride or enjoyment that I get from even wearing my Tisell Hulk Homage, because at least that's not Trying to be something it is not. It is Genuinely saying: "HEY! I love the Rolex Hulk, but Can't get one so here's my Tisell instead!"

I hear you.  Pic to follow

Piloten
7 hours ago, semperfi55 said:

I would buy gen for only a few situations.

3) Gens that aren't repped well. Gen JLC Duoface with a moonphase will be sick.....

Knew I liked you for a reason, Guns

Thommo82
10 hours ago, bdnica said:

I've always thought reps are kind of like fake tits.  They look great behind the facade of a cocktail dress and sexy lingerie.  But when presented the opportunity for direct inspection, it becomes quite clear there's no substitute for the real thing.

This should be a quote in the dictionary when one looks up ‘analogy’

10 hours ago, Chixisigma said:

Fake watches are for fake people, you vacuous apes. Buy real

Cxs

Australia doesn’t exist. This makes you faker than the rest of us. 

9 hours ago, FL13 said:

Succinctly,

I couldn’t agree more!

BTW, how is the Tisell?

I have it on my to buy list, but would like to hear what you think of it’s overall quality 

nottoday300

You sure do make some good noise in here MOT- keep it up mate :-)

Nice discussion to follow

McGilli
14 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

You can literally smell the difference. Gen smell.

So true!

I bought a fake vagina from China, and trust me - it smells nothing like gen.

That's why I'm also only buying gen watches at the moment. Sure, they cost more (like real vagina), but they smell, and feel - much better (like vagina).

14 hours ago, deju said:

Sometimes the actual watches are secondary haha. 

If you've read my reviews, you know how true that is for me.... I buy gen watches now - just so I can write 5,000 words that has nothing to do with it and I just put REVIEW in the title and boom! I'm published.

onionbag

They're little jewels of happiness.

:)

Luxuracer

Watches to me are toys and men jewelries.

It's all in your head ... Wearing a gen or a rep won't change who you are ... You are still the same fucker that were naked in the shower before you put anything on. You like to think people do, but nobody care which watch you wear. Get over it and wear whatever you like.

That said, I would never buy a rep if I did not accidentally find this forum and RWI. In the past year, I learned so much about watches (both gen and rep) that I would never be interested in. It has became my 'hobby'.

Just pick whichever watch you have ... and wear it in good health ... !

GulfGT40

I've bought a few gens to mark moments in my life but my attention spans too short to enjoy them. It's no challenge just walking in and buying one, sure it feels good for a few days but then I'm over it.

The thrill of the hunt, then the wait and not knowing what and if its going to arrive appeals to me, I value my reps more this way.

Lifestyles another factor, I've trashed a couple of nice watches at work and with my hands in engine bays, still hurts if its a rep but gives me an excuse to move onto another with no big loss.

I do have brand recognition, I can't help it I'm just another consumer slob. If you actually count how many times your subjected to brand placement in things like F1 , tennis or sailing its no wonder. Brand loyalty is another thing though. They've gone out of their way to fix the need  and develop the taste for something I don't really need so if I find my 'fix' from another source is that any worse? I learnt early in life I'm the only person thats truly loyal to me.

Thommo82
46 minutes ago, McGilli said:

Dude.....

You gotta get fake vagina from Japan. They got that gen smell spot on. 

onionbag

There are British vaginas available these days.

Just check any of our threads to find one.

They're freshly caught and responsibly resourced.

ScorpVamp

Sometimes the available reps (if there are any) are not even close to Gen and it is Gen or nothing; but if there are good reps, you dont want to spend the money on the Gen, or you just find it isnt worth it, a good rep may do.

I mean if you can spend 8% (or less) of the Gen cost on a rep watch that looks 98% true to Gen, why not?

Thommo82
22 minutes ago, onionbag said:

There are British vaginas available these days.

Just check any of our threads to find one.

They're freshly caught and responsibly resourced.

Payment sent 

onionbag
6 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Payment sent 

3 kg of fuds sent.

An instalment on your single Euro payment.

Thommo82
8 minutes ago, onionbag said:

3 kg of fuds sent.

An instalment on your single Euro payment.

I feel blessed 

onionbag
2 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

I feel blessed 

Don't.

Wait until the balance arrives..............

;)

deju
7 hours ago, McGilli said:

So true!

That's why I'm also only buying gen watches at the moment. Sure, they cost more (like real vagina), but they smell, and feel - much better (like vagina).

If you've read my reviews, you know how true that is for me.... I buy gen watches now - just so I can write 5,000 words that has nothing to do with it and I just put REVIEW in the title and boom! I'm published.

Your reviews are case and point about the journey being the enjoyment of it all. 

Realistically it’s like chasing the dragon, our first rep/gen was probably our worst but most exciting. Even watches we love and will never sell, we never love as much as when we chased it. 

GenTLe

Hi  
. You get what you pay for.

Well.... Let's say you would get what you pay for if (for example) the Rolex submariner was sold at like 1200€.
Instead you got a 1200€ watch and you then finance other 7000€ of their marketing expenses...

GenTLe
Watches to me are toys and men jewelries.
It's all in your head ... Wearing a gen or a rep won't change who you are ... You are still the same fucker that were naked in the shower before you put anything on. You like to think people do, but nobody care which watch you wear. Get over it and wear whatever you like.
That said, I would never buy a rep if I did not accidentally find this forum and RWI. In the past year, I learned so much about watches (both gen and rep) that I would never be interested in. It has became my 'hobby'.
Just pick whichever watch you have ... and wear it in good health ... !
^^^^this!!!!
Wise words.

BadApple

I have a rep of a PAM518 that is £58,000 for the Gen.

Nobody knows what it is but everybody comments on it. If it was a Rolex they would assume it's a rep as the brand has been blighted by most reps are Rolex.

I have  Rolex vintage inbound from Mary as a daily beater because I want to know the time.

If I wanted people to ask me the time then Panerai and Tudors are a beautiful watches. Few people have heard of them so you can wear the reps unchallenged. 

For my up and coming milestone birthday a gen Tudor Pelagos will replace all my reps. Even the black ones look so good.

deju
13 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Well.... Let's say you would get what you pay for if (for example) the Rolex submariner was sold at like 1200€.
Instead you got a 1200€ watch and you then finance other 7000€ of their marketing expenses...

We are lucky as their marketing and business model make the value of the used market very good for investment or at minimum make ownership cost nothing. 

Iphones cost wise $400 to make a $1200 model that will hold no value at all over time. 

Same goes for all electronics really with few rare exceptions. 

Its all ridiculous when you think about it!