MOT

Are we more justified...

deju
6 minutes ago, BADAPPLE said:

I have a rep of a PAM518 that is £58,000 for the Gen.

Nobody knows what it is but everybody comments on it. If it was a Rolex they would assume it's a rep as the brand has been blighted by most reps are Rolex.

I have  Rolex vintage inbound from Mary as a daily beater because I want to know the time.

If I wanted people to ask me the time then Panerai and Tudors are a beautiful watches. Few people have heard of them so you can wear the reps unchallenged. 

For my up and coming milestone birthday a gen Tudor Pelagos will replace all my reps. Even the black ones look so good.

I would consider a gen Tudor one day purely over the enjoyment I receive wearing a rep, I’m onto my second Tudor (consecutively) both have become daily beaters cannot fault them. 

Dare I say I prefer the under the radar feeling of the Tudor. Sometimes a Rolex can make you uneasy in your surroundings.

MOT

cONTa.jpg

Australia doesn't exist..:notworthy: big laugh.  Have they managed to put a cricket team up without any proven cheats in it yet?

I will work out the image hosting upload then post it.

I went for the Green bezel black dial.  I think the watch has been tweeked and improved over the years, but i have no personal reference.  It feels solid.  The brushing IMO is excellent.  Ceramic bezel spot on.  Gorgeous forest green.  Glide lock a little stiff, but perfectly useable.  Construction looks seamless.  Miyota 9 extremely accurate ( its about -2/3s a day).  Blue lume fine.  Crown action solid.  I really like it.  Against what i paid i think it punches much higher value.  He has a vintage one available as well and i believe that has been received well.

As you can tell, very happy.  Great looking & so far functioning piece.  I have had no problem other than having to wait a bit for stock.  $230.  Good money.

Edited by MOT

MOT
1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

Well.... Let's say you would get what you pay for if (for example) the Rolex submariner was sold at like 1200€.
Instead you got a 1200€ watch and you then finance other 7000€ of their marketing expenses...

Yes, i think this way sometimes.  I know the cost to make is well under a couple of thousand all told.  Wait a year after the snivelling git threw you out and said wait for the call.  Give us your extra 5 large over cost and you might have it with no warranty for a while.  Enough, is enough.

I'm not bitter :crybaby:

Time to get even.  Im an addict.  I cannot wait.  :chewbacca:

GingerApple

Fuck the Swiss dickheads. They are shysters. Today I'm wearing a rep AP Openworked Double Balance Wheel. They are on Chrono24 for about £60k. This is a STEEL watch. For £60k. Cunts. The thing I like about this watch is the look. My $400 version beautifully replicates the look. The Swiss somehow justify charging an extra £59,600 because of a second balance wheel. Which is utterly fucking pointless. "It makes it super accurate" they might say. No it doesn't you fucking shysters, it's way shitter than my iPhone or a $1 quartz from a petrol station. It's marketing bullshit of the highest factor. Fuck you Swiss fuckers, fuck you and your bullshit, hyper inflated prices.

Fuck.

You.

Thommo82
17 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

Fuck the Swiss dickheads.

They are shysters.

Cunts. 

Which is utterly fucking pointless.

No it doesn't you fucking shysters, it's way shitter than my iPhone or a $1 quartz  

It's marketing bullshit  

Fuck you Swiss fuckers, fuck you and your bullshit

Fuck.

You.

This is all I saw 

MOT
23 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

This is all I saw 

Succinct & Eloquent

GingerApple
25 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

This is all I saw 

That's pretty much all I meant.....

Thommo82
10 minutes ago, MOT said:

Succinct & Eloquent

That means I win right?

10 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

That's pretty much all I meant.....

You basically quoted my life mantra 

MOT
3 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

That means I win right?

You basically quoted my life mantra 

Yes, you win.  I think you captured the spirit and idea :notworthy:

MOT
21 hours ago, FL13 said:

Succinctly,

If you buy and wear replicas, they are for yourself.

If you brag to the world that you own a "ROLEX" and it's a rep, you are being a dishonest person.

I own one replica currently, an AP 15450 White dial, Stainless.

Why? Because the gen is $16000 and I'm not going to buy one any time soon just to enjoy the look of the bracelet and dial.

I don't brag about it or post it to my Instagram, because it's fake, and I know it, and I'm not willing to try to fool other watch people into believing it's real.

The rep is for myself. But wearing it, provides me 1% of the pride or enjoyment that I get from even wearing my Tisell Hulk Homage, because at least that's not Trying to be something it is not. It is Genuinely saying: "HEY! I love the Rolex Hulk, but Can't get one so here's my Tisell instead!"

40109785_228258091202423_211474873011981

https://picr.me/i/2018/10/13/cONTa.jpg

redmack
3 hours ago, deju said:

Your reviews are case and point about the journey being the enjoyment of it all. 

Realistically it’s like chasing the dragon, our first rep/gen was probably our worst but most exciting. Even watches we love and will never sell, we never love as much as when we chased it. 

Absolutely bang on. very true indeed, should i ,shouldn't i, justified not justified ill never forget buying my first swiss luxury watch many moons ago, but the buzz is never quite the same once you've owned it for a while

MOT
2 hours ago, deju said:

I would consider a gen Tudor one day purely over the enjoyment I receive wearing a rep, I’m onto my second Tudor (consecutively) both have become daily beaters cannot fault them. 

Dare I say I prefer the under the radar feeling of the Tudor. Sometimes a Rolex can make you uneasy in your surroundings.

Monte Carlo be nice

redmack
1 hour ago, GingerBlubba said:

Fuck the Swiss dickheads. They are shysters. Today I'm wearing a rep AP Openworked Double Balance Wheel. They are on Chrono24 for about £60k. This is a STEEL watch. For £60k. Cunts. The thing I like about this watch is the look. My $400 version beautifully replicates the look. The Swiss somehow justify charging an extra £59,600 because of a second balance wheel. Which is utterly fucking pointless. "It makes it super accurate" they might say. No it doesn't you fucking shysters, it's way shitter than my iPhone or a $1 quartz from a petrol station. It's marketing bullshit of the highest factor. Fuck you Swiss fuckers, fuck you and your bullshit, hyper inflated prices.

Fuck.

You.

A Master wordsmith in Action :D

Chixisigma
1 hour ago, GingerBlubba said:

AP Openworked Double Balance Wheel

You've only got one balance wheel on ya double balanace wheel watch?

That's what I read.

Cxs

MOT
3 minutes ago, redmack said:

Absolutely bang on. very true indeed, should i ,shouldn't i, justified not justified ill never forget buying my first swiss luxury watch many moons ago, but the buzz is never quite the same once you've owned it for a while

What i am hearing is really its the chase, the journey.  I think thats Fab.  It's perpetual, new, evolving.  This is why it works as no matter how much cash i had I would just keep spending regardless of price.  We are seeking fun and value.  Yeh man, fekin A

MOT
8 minutes ago, redmack said:

A Master wordsmith in Action :D

Absofreekinlutely

Come on Gen Only lovers.......?

MOT
1 hour ago, Thommo82 said:

This is all I saw 

I went for the Green bezel black dial.  I think the watch has been tweeked and improved over the years, but i have no personal reference.  It feels solid.  The brushing IMO is excellent.  Ceramic bezel spot on.  Gorgeous forest green.  Glide lock a little stiff, but perfectly useable.  Construction looks seamless.  Miyota 9 extremely accurate ( its about -2/3s a day).  Blue lume fine.  Crown action solid.  I really like it.  Against what i paid i think it punches much higher value.  He has a vintage one available as well and i believe that has been received well.

As you can tell, very happy.  Great looking & so far functioning piece.  I have had no problem other than having to wait a bit for stock.  $230.  Good money.

cONTa.jpgcOoGR.jpgcO94Z.jpgcOxCd.jpg

Thommo82
1 minute ago, MOT said:

cONTa.jpgcOoGR.jpgcO94Z.jpgcOxCd.jpg

So that’s the Kermit not the Hulk right?

Nice Watch, think I’ll definitely get one some day 

GingerApple
25 minutes ago, Chixisigma said:

You've only got one balance wheel on ya double balanace wheel watch?

That's what I read.

:rofl:

Not true. I drew one on the caseback crystal with a Sharpie.

MOT
18 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

So that’s the Kermit not the Hulk right?

Nice Watch, think I’ll definitely get one some day 

Yep, Kermit.  One day, one glorious day I will Hulk.  But i think that has to be a great rep.  Which they seem to be nowadays.

Thommo82
4 minutes ago, MOT said:

Yep, Kermit.  One day, one glorious day I will Hulk.  But i think that has to be a great rep.  Which they seem to be nowadays.

Great looking homage, will satisfy my Hulk need

judas9r

Theres alot of pretty watches out there I cant and wont ever afford. If some nice guy from China can knock one up so that i can enjoy the pleasure of wearing it too? Well hey, thats fine by me an a big poke in the eye to anyone who wears a Rolex Sub.

c3Q3X.md.jpg

FL13

caJzG.md.jpg caCdq.md.jpg caR06.md.jpg ca050.md.jpg

GingerApple

Swiss cocks.

As if their watch is £60k better than mine. Twats.

cBKmb.jpg

Ksaeed721
6 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

Swiss cocks.

As if their watch is £60k better than mine. Twats.

cBKmb.jpg

skeleton ap :Applause: