Moosey

Omega Seamaster 300m Review Part 2

Moosey

So I posted up a few days ago, in a quick state and I didn’t really elaborate on the watch considering I called it a ‘review’. So hopefully this address will be more useful to you all. 

I purchased this watch off Trusty Time, their website is pretty impressive and it’s neat they have a video on the page showing the watches. The QC pictures arrived soon after paying and shipping arrived between 3/4 weeks I believe. Overall great experience from the site and Andrew. 

I was highly impressed with the watch to start out with. Once unpackaged and stickers removed you could see it was a well built watch. This is the JH factory version on the Omega Seamaster 300m Diver, Black Face with a ceramic dial. Another version didn’t have a ceramic dial? Not sure what the difference is in looks or feels? Perhaps you’s can elaborate. 

Watch is a solid bit of kit. It carry’s a good weight. Bracelet is firm and doesn’t jingle about like other replicas I’ve seen in the past. It’s tight and fits well on the wrist. Taking links out was a bastard tho, this bracelet in particular has screws followed by a bar for each link. The screws being so small are an absolute pain to get out, and get back in. So bare that in mind. 

The clasp again, seems of good quality, although I have noticed something. I feel it doesn’t quite sit right with the bracelet and seems to be angled when shut up. Please see attached pics. Not sure if this is normal or not ? The clasp has the extendable feature which was a nice touch. 

The face/ dial of the watch is a winner for me. I can’t seem to find and faults with it. The gloss black shine is stunning and I feel it really sets the watch off with the red Seamaster writing. The bezel turns well, and doesn’t seem loose. The crown again seems good and is not loose. One thing with the date tho, I feel like the actual numbers may be a tiny bit to large for the window ? Compared to gens, what do you guys think? 

The movement I believe was an Asia 2836, after researching I believed this was an okay movement but I’m not convinced. The watch does seem to stop rather quickly once taking it off. Winds up perfectly but doesn’t hold it, I even found myself wearing it one day and it had stopped on my wrist. Would probably opt for another movement in the future. Date wheel changing is smooth and seems strong and reliable (so far). 

The back of the casement has the Seamaster logo engraving which looks fantastic and makes the watch complete. 

The watch came with a extra nato strap which was a nice touch. 

RcsVT.md.jpg RcMse.md.jpg Rc2gA.md.jpg RcPIQ.md.jpg RcwOf.md.jpg Rc8sX.md.jpg RciZp.md.jpg RcSis.md.jpg RchIh.md.jpg RcdXD.md.jpg RcHxU.md.jpg RcXZ8.md.jpg Rc3i3.md.jpg RcmJb.md.jpg Rc5X2.md.jpg RRDxd.md.jpg

I’ve attached some images, hopefully showing most bits of the watch. I hope this helps! Let me know if you guys want some more info or photos.

Glaude

Hey that's a review ! Good job and thanks for sharing !

Tis a strong movement, maybe want to find a watchmaker to have a look at it

CurioLeo

Something sounds very wrong if it is even stopping on your wrist.

Moosey
6 hours ago, Glaude said:

Hey that's a review ! Good job and thanks for sharing !

Tis a strong movement, maybe want to find a watchmaker to have a look at it

Yes perhaps. Thank you! 

6 hours ago, CurioLeo said:

Something sounds very wrong if it is even stopping on your wrist.

This was a total one off, maybe I didn’t wind it well enough. Who knows. It’s never happened again. 

Sigg

Thanks for the review mate. Watch including bracelet look spot on to me including the date window size. 

Enjoy it.

Moosey
5 minutes ago, Sigg said:

Thanks for the review mate. Watch including bracelet look spot on to me including the date window size. 

Enjoy it.

Quality cheers, I’m impressed with it. It would be great to hear someone’s opinion who has the real deal!