Luxuracer

New Release: VSF Planet Ocean GMT 600M 43.5mm Super Clone 8605 Movement

TxWatchGuy

That black and orange is sexy af. Has anyone put their hands on one of these yet?

VMSG

Great watch but I'm afraid it would be too much for my 6" wrist :/

onionbag
On 17/10/2018 at 19:49, GingerBlubba said:

Let's not start chatting watches again. Lux and Onionbags, please, as you were.

Seconds out, Round 4!

:popcorn:

TKO Round 1.

Jibuti

nice omega...

qbvgzBN.gif?1

OLLO

I have the BP release and this new one sounds promising.

1. Bidirectional bezel

2. As far as I know the gen sets the main hands not the 2836 gmt hand for local time.

3. The orange numbers look much better.

Anyone got it already ?

Luxuracer
5 minutes ago, OLLO said:

Anyone got it already ?

The Gingerfuckweasel @AskGinger has the blue one!

GingerApple
26 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

The Gingerfuckweasel @AskGinger has the blue one!

Great watch. Feels very Gen like; heavy, solid motherfucker. All the VSFs are decent*

*PBR Disclaimer - These watches feel similar to Gen to me. I think that's because they are similar to Gen, however it could be that they're in fact tinfoil pieces of shit and I just have an unusual perception. If the latter, I will not be held responsible for people buying the watch based on my opinion.

OLLO

What about setting the second time zone, does it work like the gen ?

Can you set the hour hand in pos 2 hourwise to your local time zone ?

Edited by OLLO
wrong videolink : (

GingerApple

That video doesn't deal with a GMT function. That video is how the standard VSF superclones work, ie not GMT. The GMT functions slightly differently to the video, but I believe it functions as Gen. You can certainly independently set local time.

OLLO

sorry that was the wrong link : )

replaced ....

GingerApple

Basically, yes, it works as per Gen - at least as much as I'm prepared to test it. The only thing I don't want to risk is setting the hands by moving then backwards just in case it's an issue (I bet it's not an issue, it's a superclone movement, but as I don't need the function, I'm not risking it). Certainly the way the hour hand quick sets in position 2 without moving the GMT hand is correct and indeed everything else in the video. It's really an impressive rep.

OLLO

Damn, its on my wish now : (

Tell me when you want to get rid of it.....

tim2827

I’ve got my VSF aqua terra 150m yesterday. I’m happy with the piece except for the SS bracelets which is too light weight and seems hollow, I’m not sure if it’s even 316. Unfortunately I don’t have a gen SS bracelets to compare.

I am now thinking of getting vsf PO.

Anyone can share your experiences of the PO bracelets???

Appreciate

Here’s my aqua terra

ece3ca0fc8efc4b9c4946317cb86c917.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khronos

The PO bracelet is outstanding, one of the best I've ever had on a rep. But I'm afraid the PO would be a bit large on your wrist, the AT is smaller and it already looks too big... 

tim2827
The PO bracelet is outstanding, one of the best I've ever had on a rep. But I'm afraid the PO would be a bit large on your wrist, the AT is smaller and it already looks too big... 

HahahHa ya I have small wrist

tim2827

Anyone got this VSF gmt PO, any problems with winding the 24 hours hand? I’ve got the gmt 150 v1.0. Can’t wind the 24 hours hand. 96565d8fd562c866b61e1a49879f3d16.jpg

Munster87

Why do factories go to all the trouble of making "Super Clone" movements, replicating the case, dial, bezel, bracelet etc to only spoil it by silly engraving errors on the case back??

This is the "GoodPlanet" rep and yet this wording is missing off the case back? Even the Gen got it wrong by engraving Good Planet as 2 separate words when in fact  it should be GoodPlanet as in 1 word? but to miss it off totally after going to that much trouble is so wrong!

Luxuracer
On 20/12/2018 at 09:55, tim2827 said:

Anyone got this VSF gmt PO, any problems with winding the 24 hours hand? I’ve got the gmt 150 v1.0. Can’t wind the 24 hours hand. 96565d8fd562c866b61e1a49879f3d16.jpg

Which 'factory' is your aqua Terra GMT?

If you have the VSF GMT with super-clone movement, it function 'exactly' like the gen when you set time.

On the gen watch you do NOT set the GMT 24hr hand or the date independently. The GMT hand move when you set time.  So what you do is set the GMT hand to the timezone time first, then to set the 'local' time you pull the crown out one stop, and the hour hand goes forwards or backwards in one-hour steps, while the GMT hand stays in place and the seconds continue running. In other words, the design was to make changing time zones when you travel easy.

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, Munster87 said:

Why do factories go to all the trouble of making "Super Clone" movements, replicating the case, dial, bezel, bracelet etc to only spoil it by silly engraving errors on the case back??

This is the "GoodPlanet" rep and yet this wording is missing off the case back? Even the Gen got it wrong by engraving Good Planet as 2 separate words when in fact  it should be GoodPlanet as in 1 word? but to miss it off totally after going to that much trouble is so wrong!

Out of all Omega Planet Ocean GMT 43.5mm, the only GoodPlanet version is the BLUE one. VSF does have the correct caseback engraving for the Blue GoodPlanet PO GMT.

Munster87

I was led to believe this is the correct  casdback for the blue  one taken off the Omega website?

omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-600m-omega-

GingerApple

Here's my VSF for comparison.

VDERrX.jpg

Munster87

Don't want to swap it for an Omega Spectre do you?☺

GingerApple
49 minutes ago, Munster87 said:

Don't want to swap it for an Omega Spectre do you?☺

Already got one!

Luxuracer
3 hours ago, Munster87 said:

I was led to believe this is the correct  casdback for the blue  one taken off the Omega website?

omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-600m-omega-

That exactly what I said. The blue PO GMT is the only GoodPlanet version and VSF has the correct engraving as the gen. 

Munster87

Thanks for the clarification