reperoni3221

Starting The 1675 Project!

reperoni3221

Recently purchased the Cartel 1675. I am planning to start a project with the watch soon, but not exactly sure what I want to do yet. I've thought about doing a root-beer with the burgundy/brown nipple dial, or possibly a simple matte/gilt dial pepsi or blueberry.  Open to suggestions on this project!

In the meantime, I decided to enjoy the stock Cartel for a bit while I wait for parts to come in. I simply painted the existing factory lume on the dial and hands today, just to slightly improve the look. Using watercolors and weathering powder to give the appearance of age, the lume looks much better than the stark white lume from factory. This makes a decent difference on the stock watch and makes it look pretty good for a practically out-of-the-box rep. Chamfers on the lugs also came from the factory on the 1675, which was a pleasant surprise. Definitely impressed with the overall quality of the watch out of the box, and looking forward to actually starting the project! Much work lies ahead...

[/IMG]

IMG_0078

[/IMG]

IMG_0080

[/IMG]

IMG_0081

[/IMG]

Edited by reperoni3221
Pictures not included

reperoni3221

Photos now posted. Sorry, not included before!

onionbag

Nipples for me!

:)

McGilli
1 hour ago, reperoni3221 said:

Using watercolors and weathering powder to give the appearance of age, the lume looks much better than the stark white lume from factory.

I'm going to need a shot in the dark though.... As the judge of all things lume and tritium around here - I'd actually prefer a before and after shot in the dark if you have?

reperoni3221

Update: Still working with the stock parts! However, I've aged the bezel insert and lightened up the lume  a little. It was a bit too yellow before. Threw it on the leather and its starting to look much better! More to come...

[/IMG]

uK1XjgoAQ%y5KualfLDsfw

[/IMG]

aVNefM%vRyaBZmsQoVRVXQ

[/IMG]

wJxvM5iaQdm0lHHHZVEBOQ

[/IMG]

foc9OI0mR2OigQbg3GD3Mw

[/IMG]

bogdan.manea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSebwc

Good start!   Pretty amazing what a little bit of aging can do .   The case could use a bit of patina as well.

Its a shame that they did the lume on these dial like pills...no idea why but I do suggest a new dial....everything else is gravy after that 

A rootbeer would be interesting  but I am more of an all red gmt hand blueberry guy myself!