elementsk7

ARF 904l Hulk Movement stopped

elementsk7

Hi,

I recently bought an ARF 904l hulk with the A2824 movement and less than two days after receiving it the movement has stopped stone cold.  Only the date is adjustable, the time does not move when the crown is turned. Any ideas on what I should do? I bought from intime. Specifically, I read on going to a local watchsmith to replace the entire movement and wanted a couple details on if they stock that movement or how it all works. I have emailed intime in the meantime seeing if they can do anything but sadly don't expect much from them.

Thank You!

Edited by elementsk7

Luxuracer
7 minutes ago, elementsk7 said:

Any ideas on what I should do? I bought from intime.

It's sound like the movement has keyless issues. You have a few options;

1) Send it back to Intime for repair ... will cost you around $35-$45 in shipping and about 2-3 months wait.
2) Find a local or forum/online watch repair to fix it .... will cost you around $45-$75
3) Swap it out with a gen ETA2824-2 ... cost around $250, and you will have a reliable movement.

MOT

Have you really delicately nudged the balance wheel?  Balance wheel looks a bit like a wagon wheel.

1 minute ago, MOT said:

Have you really delicately nudged the balance wheel?  Balance wheel looks a bit like a wagon wheel.

Scrub that, didnt read your hands wouldnt turn.....sorry

Rx4Time

To clarify, is it running and you can't set the time?  If so then it's probably a keyless issue.  A new ETA 2824 is about $160 from startimesupply plus watchsmith fees to install.  This would be the route I'd go if it's a keeper.

BadPickle

Fix the keyless, there’s a tutorial here on the forum. 

NCRich

I assume you are in Japan, that limits your options.  I'd send it back if you have never worked on watches.

elementsk7
2 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

To clarify, is it running and you can't set the time?  If so then it's probably a keyless issue.  A new ETA 2824 is about $160 from startimesupply plus watchsmith fees to install.  This would be the route I'd go if it's a keeper.

Sorry for the missing details, no it is not running at all

1 hour ago, NCRich said:

I assume you are in Japan, that limits your options.  I'd send it back if you have never worked on watches.

Located in Texas USA

2 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

It's sound like the movement has keyless issues. You have a few options;

1) Send it back to Intime for repair ... will cost you around $35-$45 in shipping and about 2-3 months wait.
2) Find a local or forum/online watch repair to fix it .... will cost you around $45-$75
3) Swap it out with a gen ETA2824-2 ... cost around $250, and you will have a reliable movement.

perfect, thank you for the concise list. Will go with route 2. Can you recommend anyone?

NCRich
12 minutes ago, elementsk7 said:

Sorry for the missing details, no it is not running at all

Located in Texas USA

perfect, thank you for the concise list. Will go with route 2. Can you recommend anyone?

Apologies, your sign up IP checks out as Japan.   I did not look at your post IP.

Check out Katt, in the trusted dealer section.  He is in Chicago.  Resetting a keyless should be easy for him.

Viking95

+1 for Katt

elementsk7
11 hours ago, NCRich said:

Apologies, your sign up IP checks out as Japan.   I did not look at your post IP.

Check out Katt, in the trusted dealer section.  He is in Chicago.  Resetting a keyless should be easy for him.

no worries, thank you so much!

jdinaz

I think there's only one USA trusted watch repairman. Depending on what they charge, it may be better to send it back to the dealer.