Landlocked Surfer

Scrap it or Fix it?

NCRich
2 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Keep your dial bodge thread , i’d fix the keyless and put a new stem in. Easy and far better result. 

Wow, you are smrt.  Its your reading that is a bit off.  If you read, you'd see I told him that first.

BadPickle
2 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Wow, you are smrt.  Its your reading that is a bit off.  If you read, you'd see I told him that first.

I’m not fully sure what “smrt” is, must be an across the pond thing, whatever it is..  and I did read, just not your posts. 

NCRich
1 hour ago, pickledbeetroot said:

I’m not fully sure what “smrt” is, must be an across the pond thing, whatever it is..  and I did read, just not your posts. 

Sarcasm flies over your head.  You don't read my posts, yet you comment on them.  Interesting.

BadPickle
10 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Sarcasm flies over your head.  You don't read my posts, yet you comment on them.  Interesting.

I see what you’re doing there....  :zzz:

Landlocked Surfer

Gents, please don’t end up in a bit of a spat because of this thread.  :)

I respect the opinions stated on here, which are there to help. I really appreciate the help and guidance from folk that have more experience than I do on this subject.

I’ve a handful of rep watches gathered over the last three years or so. This is the first that has developed a running fault. I’ve  had a bracelet fail and a Bezel insert fall out etc  so perhaps I have been lucky so far.

Thanks again 

ROLIE

Its possible that the reverser wheels jammed or are failing and caused stress upon the stem when winding . That would cause the stem to snap. So if you can get a stem for it then it needs looking at further .

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

GingerApple
1 minute ago, ROLIE said:

Its possible that the reverser wheels jammed or are failing and caused stress upon the stem when winding . That would cause the stem to snap. So if you can get a stem for it then it needs looking at further .

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

And OP, if you ask this chap very, very nicely, he might just be able to help. He is what is known around these here parts, as an FLMW, that is a forum legend master watchsmith

Rokerite
12 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

And OP, if you ask this chap very, very nicely, he might just be able to help. He is what is known around these here parts, as an FLMW, that is a forum legend master watchsmith

^^^ This. If anybody can fix it it is Rolie 

Landlocked Surfer

Thanks guys. 

Landlocked Surfer

Just a quick update on this:

The watch is presently with Rolie. I’m waiting patiently, with fingers crossed, that he can sort it out.

Now wishing that it had a 2824/2836 movement in it :( 

Landlocked Surfer

At long last my Explorer is fixed

I found on eBay a pattern Stem for Rolex 3135 movement for £8.95, the company selling were on holiday for a week. So that took longer to get than hoped. Shipped it up to Rolie, unfortunately it didn’t fit.

I contacted Mary who said she could get me the right Stem but it might take a while. We negotiated a price for a pair and I decided to buy another watch largely to get the carriage foc for the stems.

Money was sent and then I sat patiently waiting for the message to say she had got them.....it seemed to take forever.

Mary checked that the stems would fit on a watch she had in stock. I’m not really sure what happened but it seems that I got one good stem and one broken one - eventually. These were sent to Rolie last week. By Saturday the movement had been reassembled, freshly oiled and the watch rebuilt.

Money exchanged hands and the watch was shipped home this week. It was waiting for me when I got home late last night (been in Sweden with work for two days). 

Ive worn it today and it’s running at -2secs over 24 hours, we’ll happy with that.

Thanks to Rolie for all your help with this mate.

I’ll get a couple of pics up tomorrow as clearly this thread is worthless without them!

Luxuracer
15 minutes ago, Landlocked Surfer said:

I’ll get a couple of pics up tomorrow as clearly this thread is worthless without them!

LastingCelebratedEstuarinecrocodile-size

Landlocked Surfer

Here you go

1t962t.jpg

345henr.jpg

2uonpzs.jpg

5y2rs.jpg

903vy8.jpg

2yxkd3k.jpg

GingerApple

Rolie and his phallic rodico shapes :facepalm: