GenTLe

Really thin 15202 AP

GenTLe

This morning I got a visit from another watch-head from here that needed an help to do the countersink for an athaya tube and he saw my 15202 noticing it was VERY thin.

I measured it and it's 8.5mm which is extremely good and even better than the JF (9.5mm) and surely better than the other common model here: https://www.intime03.co/audemars-piguet/3765-royal-oak-39mm-15202-ss-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-miyota9015.html 

I searched it and found it here: https://www.slickpic.com/users/291ce82456df20006eacc520/albums/AUDEMARS-PIGUET-15202-ROYAL-OAK-39MM/?grid : extra thin and with a beautiful blue dial (mine at least is the blue one) that really pops up especially under artificial light.

The counterweight isn't the best (the gen is like this http://watchesbysjx.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/migrate/AP-Royal-Oak-Jumbo-cal.-2121.jpg) but unless you wear it upside down it's not visible and, in any case, the gen movement is much more different.

So, if you want a nice THIN 15202, get the one from FatPanda/Watchfinder from the upper link.

NCRich

I was interested until I noticed it was an AP.

:rofl:

Looks nice for an AP.

Dan71

Here the another “watch-head” ..
tks GenTle for instal the tube on my 1665. You are a nice e polite guy for tolerate all my small talk..

I’m really impressed about this 15202 is really thin!
Maybe is out of stock anyone that have bought it recently ?

The only flaws that bored me is the
AP logo that haven’t the luminova between the letter like the Gen..
Maybe is possible add some luminova or other similar staff between the letter ?

FoxWilde

I wonder if they'll do what PF did with Pateks and mod the 9015 instead of throwing a deco plate on top. That'd definitely shave off a mm or two

GenTLe
The only flaws that bored me is the

AP logo that haven’t the luminova between the letter like the Gen..

Maybe is possible add some luminova or other similar staff between the letter ?

You mean like this? Not super perfect but Luminova is crap to work with...

e2d9c763f6c078d21168168ae77836a5.jpg

fdd5a8e465650bd890b5d2ca32de0dba.jpg

Dan71

Nice !

I take it !

VMSG
I wonder if they'll do what PF did with Pateks and mod the 9015 instead of throwing a deco plate on top. That'd definitely shave off a mm or two

Exactly what I was thinking...

This is super interesting, I'm looking for 15202 and I was thinking to wait for the new jf, do you think this one is better?

@GenTLe, any chance you could write a review of this watch?

Stufuse

Shame the date window is not in the right place. I wonder how the finish of of the case and bracelet is. I had a D.C. 15202 with closed case back, very thin but poor finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GenTLe
Exactly what I was thinking...This is super interesting, I'm looking for 15202 and I was thinking to wait for the new jf, do you think this one is better?
[mention=57251]GenTLe[/mention], any chance you could write a review of this watch?
I think JF may be better, especially if they will come with no decoration plate and with lume in the AP symbol.
This one has a fake bezel (the case is one piece) and has to be a bit modded to be nice.

FoxWilde
1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

I think JF may be better, especially if they will come with no decoration plate and with lume in the AP symbol.
This one has a fake bezel (the case is one piece) and has to be a bit modded to be nice.

I’ll bet a super rep of Royal Oaks aren’t too far away. But I’d give it a year or three till it hits the market

VMSG
I’ll bet a super rep of Royal Oaks aren’t too far away. But I’d give it a year or three till it hits the market
Sure hope so

Tigerdragon
2 hours ago, GenTLe said:

The case is not one piece i saw plenty of them falling apart, the bezel is just glued on and not screwed on which is terrible because if the glue was not good applied the shit just fallen apart.

Jibuti
8 hours ago, NCRich said:

I was interested until I noticed it was an AP.

:rofl:

Looks nice for an AP.

could be worse-could be raining Hublow...

Glaude

Is this a thread that we could link to someone asking "who has the best 15202 AP ?" :D 

Thanks for the info GenTLe !

semperfi55

I couldn't be bothered to wait until they got everything right so got the quartz one instead :D 

44486934002_d6fe320dd6_b.jpg