BoobBandit

Daytona problems

FoxWilde
1 hour ago, Noobfromnoobville said:

Kinda looks like a Zenith movement? 

Hahaha no.

That's a 21J movement.

Pick one of those up for like $30 on eBay.

dg-2813-Ofrei.jpg
post-11071-1205451433.jpg

Hope you didn't pay over $200 for this...

Don't bother repairing it. Sorry mate

PS I see you're in Dallas, I'm a Houstonian! Cheers

BoobBandit

Well, that’s not bad news I suppose. I can find a 21J and install myself. I guess the trick will be finding one with the seconds @9 ? 

Cheers! Good to find a neighbor on here! I’m a native Californian though! 

BoobBandit

Latest update. Crown was rusted, broke off. When pushed  in, was working, and once I got the chrono and minute hands off, the hour hand was turning with the crown. Now what? 

Edited by Noobfromnoobville

BoobBandit

s9632.jpg

BoobBandit

s9W9d.jpg

Luxuracer
15 minutes ago, Noobfromnoobville said:

Now what? 

Now ... buy a new watch ... :throwingmoney:

NCRich

Yeah, that's an unbelievably cheap watch.  You probably can't find the right 21j movement nor have the skill to refit it.  Buy a better version of the watch from Narikaa for $125 or so and have it be new.  Or spend a bit more and get a much better version.  I work on watches, and I would not bother working on that.

BoobBandit

Thanks Rich. I’ll tell you what. 

I agree I won’t be able to find the same cheap movement, which will in turn, render any repair not cost effective. 

This in my mind leaves one alternative. Develop the skill set and take it apart and reinstall it myself. This of course is not an overnight fix, but it’s gonna take me some time. 

I plan on playing with watches for the foreseeable future and this is more something I will take on as an interest than as a means to wear this particular watch. 

I wanted to confirm it wasn’t an expensive watch. Now I have license to go buy a better one! 

Thanks everyone for your input, and helping find my direction for this project! 

Cheers

Luxuracer
29 minutes ago, Noobfromnoobville said:

This in my mind leaves one alternative. Develop the skill set and refit it myself. This of course is not an overnight fix, but it’s gonna take me some time. 

You have my encouragement to take on learning watch repairing skills.

You can start by buying the correct tools ... also buy some cheap 21J watches off DHGate and play with them. Keep us update with your progress.

As for your Daytona, there is not much there to save. It has a cheap case, a cheap movement with a cheap movement holder, a cheap and wrong dial. 

Best of luck

NCRich
26 minutes ago, Noobfromnoobville said:

I agree I won’t be able to find the same cheap movement, which will in turn, render any repair not cost effective. 

This in my mind leaves one alternative. Develop the skill set and take it apart and reinstall it myself. This of course is not an overnight fix, but it’s gonna take me some time. 

I plan on playing with watches for the foreseeable future and this is more something I will take on as an interest than as a means to wear this particular watch. 

I wanted to confirm it wasn’t an expensive watch. Now I have license to go buy a better one! 

Cheers

No, I don't want to be like all gloomy since I love to encourage tinkering.  This 2813 movement just isn't designed to be worked on.  I can almost never get the main bridge back on before I throw it against the wall.  I know exactly which movement it is, it will cost you $40 and you will lose some little part putting it back together and it will be trash.  Get a 2824 or 2836 to learn on.  Asian clone.  They are built to worked on and you can get a new one on ebay for $65.  You will enjoy the hobby much more that way.  My two hard earned cents.

BoobBandit

Gotcha. So this movement is like a one hit wonder, a hairspray can, if you will. 

I wouldn’t want to learn how to fix a hairspray can because it’s intended to not be reused or fixed. 

Advice accepted. OK. 2826 it is! 

NCRich
1 minute ago, Noobfromnoobville said:

Gotcha. So this movement is like a one hit wonder, a hairspray can, if you will. 

I wouldn’t want to learn how to fix a hairspray can because it’s intended to not be reused or fixed. 

But not for this watch.  Get a real fake watch.

Oh and look, one a bit better than yours for $99

FoxWilde
41 minutes ago, Noobfromnoobville said:

2813s are your about as disposable of a watch movement as you can get. Why repair a movement soured for a few bucks?

Buy a Daytona to be proud of. Get a Noob or ARF mate. My Noob is basically the real deal.

Please get into watch repair, but not with 2813 movements. ETA movements are waay more friendly to tinker on, and learning to fix them is invaluable here. Start with an ETA2824 or 2836. Buy some of those, plus some thousands of dollars of watch equipment.

Fox

BoobBandit
1 hour ago, NCRich said:

But not for this watch.  Get a real fake watch.

Oh and look, one a bit better than yours for $99

Indeed. I’m talking to Mary about a replacement. Just wanted to finalize the deal with  this one before I finalize with Mary. 

Undertood, my current one is a museum piece that will not fit a new movement.

done and dusted.

51 minutes ago, FoxWilde said:

2813s are your about as disposable of a watch movement as you can get. Why repair a movement soured for a few bucks?

Buy a Daytona to be proud of. Get a Noob or ARF mate. My Noob is basically the real deal.

Please get into watch repair, but not with 2813 movements. ETA movements are waay more friendly to tinker on, and learning to fix them is invaluable here. Start with an ETA2824 or 2836. Buy some of those, plus some thousands of dollars of watch equipment.

Fox

Yup. Replacement is in the works. I’ve got a few watch repair tools. Sounds like I’m going to need a few more. Plus im gonna have quite a few YouTube videos to watch! 

Thanks fellas

GenTLe
Holy shit fellas!
the duct tape worked! Oy, so I’m a little shocked because the bastard is turning! I unscrewed the crown and I could see the main gear turning the whole time! The hands don’t seem to move though? Maybe it’s just dirty? It doesn’t look like a pos. Proper jewels in there and what not. Anyone recognize if it’s a 7750? I reckon I can just google it too.. 

seCDh.jpg
Throw it away, that's a low level fake (starting from the written case back to the ultracheap movement), not worth 1h of work...

GenTLe
Cheers
To get the right tools you'll spend twice than a superb column wheel chronograph Daytona from Noob factory.

This 2813 movement just isn't designed to be worked on.  I can almost never get the main bridge back on before I throw it against the wall.

There is an easy trick for this problem mate. I serviced 3/4 of these (yes because I'm nut to repair things) and they are perfectly workable.

GenTLe

plus some thousands of dollars of watch equipment.

This ^^^^ so true!!!

BoobBandit
32 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

There is an easy trick for this problem mate. I serviced 3/4 of these (yes because I'm nut to repair things) and they are perfectly workable.

Feel free to elaborate mate

NCRich
23 minutes ago, Noobfromnoobville said:

Feel free to elaborate mate

I am soo, soo, soo, looking forward to this.............really.........??  I know you know how to fix this but its worth $30.  You wanna fix it gratis?

GenTLe
21 minutes ago, NCRich said:

I am soo, soo, soo, looking forward to this.............really.........??  I know you know how to fix this but its worth $30.  You wanna fix it gratis?

LOL, nope! As I wrote upper this watch doesn't deserve 1hr of time as it's still a very bad fake.

And, to put back the plate avoiding the reversing wheel to move (pushed by the click) you just need to rotate the click around 180°, put the plate and then put it back in its normal way :)

Where it says "remove click", just rotate it 180° and that's it. You can put it back later in the correct way from the side, removing the balance bridge.

Risultati immagini per dg2813 click

BoobBandit

Sorry, only in the market for ‘gratis’ fixes.

cheers! 

FoxWilde
4 hours ago, GenTLe said:

This ^^^^ so true!!!

Another thing keeping me  from making awesome mods :(

That and no time at all.

BoobBandit
6 hours ago, GenTLe said:

To get the right tools you'll spend twice than a superb column wheel chronograph Daytona from Noob factory.

the 4130 and 7750 movements are cam actuated. Is there another noob? Or are you fluffing my feathers

9 hours ago, FoxWilde said:

This is what I'm leaning towards and am pretty jazzed about.  (Noob fully functioning)

GenTLe

7750 is cam actuated.
4130 should be a column wheel chronograph.