Moondustesp

1016 bezel

Moondustesp

Does anyone know the dimensions or atleast thickness of the 1016 bezel? Going to try and modify an raffels smooth bezel. Thanks in advance guys

JSebwc

What style of crystal are you going to use...T21 domed or T22 beveled ?

Moondustesp

Not sure yet but prob beveled

On 13/11/2018 at 13:08, JSebwc said:

What style of crystal are you going to use...T21 domed or T22 beveled ?

JSebwc

If you are buying a raffles DJ bezel  it should fit your 1016 with beveled T22 crystal ...

BabaNJ
6 hours ago, JSebwc said:

If you are buying a raffles DJ bezel  it should fit your 1016 with beveled T22 crystal ...

Can you give link for the beveled T22? I tried twice to fit raffles bezel on clarks T22 and it definitely does not fit. I had to mod the bezel the fit to build this all raffles 1016.

GM2yD.jpg
GMQGy.jpg
G0BlL.jpg

JSebwc

@BabaNJ  I was just going off an assumption. I dont have any personal experience with the raffles bezel .  All my  Explorers have a JMB bezel made to match the crystal  I assumed that they would fit the clarks crystal .  You have the hands on experience.  Did you machine the ID of the bezel?  how much of a difference is there between the crystal and the bezel?

BabaNJ
21 minutes ago, JSebwc said:

@BabaNJ  I was just going off an assumption. I dont have any personal experience with the raffles bezel .  All my  Explorers have a JMB bezel made to match the crystal  I assumed that they would fit the clarks crystal .  You have the hands on experience.  Did you machine the ID of the bezel?  how much of a difference is there between the crystal and the bezel?

It was trial and error. I  don't have exact specs. JMB cases are basically raffles cases which he machines the bezels, drills lug holes and reshapes case for better gen like looks.

Seembaheemba

fancy seeing you here boss, I’m in the hunt for a vintage 1016