Logixa

Patek Philippe Nautilus MK V5 pictures

Logixa

Here it is guys, the mk v5 and a small review. 

- bracelet is a little bit stiffer than expected. I think its a bit stiffer than a PF but it wraps good around the wrist. A little bit of forced bending of the bracelet makes is even more flexible. My wrist is 5.9inch
- can't say anything about the color of the lume. It seems green but it is so damn bright that in the room that I am, is already showing its lume. Tomorrow I will post a Pic after having a night in the dark to see if the lume is white or greenish
- finishing is very good
- clasp is good, not as stiff as some models like the u1 where it breaks your nails trying to open it 
- pins are push pins, not split pins. Good quality 
- movement looks good 
- build quality seems good on first sight and feel
- crown is screw in
- dial has a good color, don't know if it's like any Gen. Never seen Gen in persobb
- rotor is noisy as fuck, common Miyota problem. I solved it by adding grease in the ball bearings called molykote dx and while I was at it I greased all gaskets with silicone 

Overal conclusion: bloody good! 

IMG-20181108-133256.jpg IMG-20181108-133252.jpg
IMG-20181108-133244.jpg
IMG-20181108-132825.jpg
IMG-20181108-132033.jpg
IMG-20181108-132003.jpg
IMG-20181108-131609.jpg
IMG-20181108-131402.jpg
IMG-20181108-131342.jpg
IMG-20181108-131337.jpg

Ramonessnl

Nice color on the dial!

VMSG

Nice watch, congrats mate!

Svenborg

I expected my Nautilis to come in a box like this. I was disappointed when it didn’t. I’m sure it just gives a different box opening experience when it comes packaged like this.

Still struggling to size the watch as I cannot get the pins out. I’m starting to think I may not have made the best choice of version. If I cannot size it, I cannot wear it.

Thanks for the detail on what you did about the rotor and seals. Something I still need to do.

RussP
7 minutes ago, Svenborg said:

I expected my Nautilis to come in a box like this. I was disappointed when it didn’t. I’m sure it just gives a different box opening experience when it comes packaged like this.

Still struggling to size the watch as I cannot get the pins out. I’m starting to think I may not have made the best choice of version. If I cannot size it, I cannot wear it.

Thanks for the detail on what you did about the rotor and seals. Something I still need to do.

Get a watch smith to resize the bracelet.

I got all my Nautilius(es) resized by my watch smith.

Glaude
1 hour ago, Svenborg said:

If it's the same version aka MK v5, it's supposed to come in that box, but in the end, that's not really important, you won't be wearing the box ;) 

Any watchmaker should be able to size it correctly, I don't have mine yet, but if needed I'll make a small tutorial on how to resize it, or @Logixa could do it, since he has a baby wrist, resizing is a much needed skill :p 

Logixa

@Svenborg if it is the mk v5, it will have solid pins that can be pushed out from either side with a bracelet adjusting tool/hammer.  If it has split pin (then its not a mk v5) it can only be pushed out from 1 side and the other side will look like as if it is a screw.

@Glaude   :finger: suck it!

daydate

which dealer did you get the mk5 from?

Glaude
11 minutes ago, daydate said:

which dealer did you get the mk5 from?

He got it from InTime over at RWI, but ask any of our own dealer, they should be able to get it (although it may be hard at the moment, should be back after Christmas)

cugine

I love. That is all. 

JonasFromSweden
On 18/11/2018 at 21:06, Svenborg said:

You must have a nail which you can push really hard, wit great force. I was surprised first time how much force was necessary, I was first afraid to break the band. 

Glaude
1 minute ago, JonasFromSweden said:

You must have a nail which you can push really hard, wit great force. I was surprised first time how much force was necessary, I was first afraid to break the band. 

Sizing on this watch is very easy, given you know how to do it.
You need a pin pusher (you can find them in the cheapo kit on Amazon), a small soft hammer, a small plastic jig to maintain the bracelet and if you want to be on the safe side, some masking tape.
The kit is looking like that

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "pin remover watch"

You won't need the blue pin remover, it's not very useful as it doesn't support any load and will deform or break while using it.
You place the bracelet link you want to remove, with the pin aligned to a hole in the grey plastic holder, you then take a metal pin pusher and gently tap the pin away, not much force is needed, just some repetitive blow on it. If after a couple of blows you see no movement at all of the pin, just reverse the side you are hitting and try from the other one.
It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to resize the bracelet with this method.

Wgillette

Who can I contact regarding this watch ?

Glaude
6 minutes ago, Wgillette said:

Who can I contact regarding this watch ?

Someone on the TD list ;) 

rolexlover101

Beautiful watch.

Is this (MK) and the PF rep some what waterproofed/water resistant?  If not, any info/diy on how to open and silicon/grease it up?  Thanks.

Glaude

Do not trust the water resistance info on TD website, I didn't test mine as I avoid watch and water in general.
To open the front you have to undo the visible screw in the "ears" and the crown need to be pulled out to remove the gasket.
The back will need to be removed with the appropriate tool or a sticky ball method :) 

You can use something like that to grease the gaskets : 

Sergio

Beautiful Watch .... I just ordered mine last night .....Can't wait to get it !!!!!

Thanks for sharing !!!!!!!

Edited by Sergio
found my answer

Ultra929

MKF is a great rep with great dial color. My only issue is the V shaped crownguards. 

tallgeese_iii

the tones in the blue dials from mkf are killer. heavily debating the blue or the white