lrnz

Where to buy a Rolex box

lrnz

Hello, 

this post may seem stupid but I'm looking for a Rolex box with papers.

Not wanting to go the TD route ( with the shipping it would be too expensive and not worth it ) 

I'd like to know if any of you bought boxes form aliexpress / dhgate, what's your experience with them and maybe a link to buy

[I'm not looking for a 10$ one with crappy corners and colors but I'd like something nice]

thanks 

L

Edited by lrnz

RepGuy

Hmm, a box AND papers? This usually doesn't end well...

lrnz
8 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

Hmm, a box AND papers? This usually doesn't end well...

No worries, I'm not trying to pass a rep for a gen, if this is what you mean..

I was well aware of these kind of comments but decided to still make the post because I need the box, but it's for personal collection use only, don't worry

thanks

BadApple
2 minutes ago, lrnz said:

Anyway, thanks for the link, unfortunately there aren't no photographic reviews. Did you buy it yourself?

They are pretty much a generic item. If you find a review for one the product is the same with every other seller. 

If you want better you need to get one direct from R Factory. 

Left Coast Guy

R factory makes the best boxes, surprised RepGuy didn't point you there, he's the expert. If you PM him, he'll get you connected. 

lrnz
3 minutes ago, Left Coast Guy said:

R factory makes the best boxes, surprised RepGuy didn't point you there, he's the expert. If you PM him, he'll get you connected. 

I'll get in touch with him and hopefully after sending the pics of my socks he'll send me a box! :coke:

5 minutes ago, BADAPPLE said:

They are pretty much a generic item. If you find a review for one the product is the same with every other seller. 

If you want better you need to get one direct from R Factory. 

Thanks, I got it

as I said I'm not trying to pass anything as gen so it would be pointless to buy a R fac box for a unmodded rep.

I'll try and do as you said, thank you

motak

on ebay ;)

splke

Sometimes on m2m too 

CurioLeo
6 hours ago, lrnz said:

No worries, I'm not trying to pass a rep for a gen, if this is what you mean..

I was well aware of these kind of comments but decided to still make the post because I need the box, but it's for personal collection use only, don't worry

thanks

You need fake papers for "personal collection purposes" ??? What for  - so you can convince yourself the watch isn't as fake as all that? WTF ?????

Glaude
1 hour ago, CurioLeo said:

You need fake papers for "personal collection purposes" ??? What for  - so you can convince yourself the watch isn't as fake as all that? WTF ?????

If he wasn't an "unknown" user (but he's been there for quite some time even without contributing a lot), if it wasn't for a Rolex, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't even notice the question.

I've fancy myself having the "full package" to go with a well-made watch, not for reselling as gen, not to convince me of anything (I'm way past that silly age), but just because it's nice to see where the replica game is able to get, having all the tiny detail can be satisfactory.
I'm pretty sure that why he wants that.
I've never done it, because frankly, the price of those details are way past what I would consider, find me a nice JLC box & paper for $10 and I'm in, for $60 or more and forget about it.

dingle

:popcorn:

CurioLeo
32 minutes ago, Glaude said:

If he wasn't an "unknown" user (but he's been there for quite some time even without contributing a lot), if it wasn't for a Rolex, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't even notice the question.

I've fancy myself having the "full package" to go with a well-made watch, not for reselling as gen, not to convince me of anything (I'm way past that silly age), but just because it's nice to see where the replica game is able to get, having all the tiny detail can be satisfactory.
I've never done it, because frankly, the price of those details are way past what I would consider, find me a nice JLC box & paper for $10 and I'm in, for $60 or more and forget about it.

I understand the box.  I just find the papers dubious.  I suppose fake papers to round out a fake watch is a full package. But alarm bells would certainly be going off if the watch had the SH3135 or SH3132, no ?

Glaude
4 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

I understand the box.  I just find the papers dubious.  I suppose fake papers to round out a fake watch is a full package. But alarm bells would certainly be going off if the watch had the SH3135 or SH3132, no ?

Oh I don't complain about the alarm bells going off on that question, if you guys hadn't already talked about it, I would have probably done it

lrnz
3 hours ago, CurioLeo said:

Do you want to see my collection ? I have never had a  R clone movement. Always Asian clone. 

There is no need to talk bad about other members if you don’t know them, it’s just bad manners. ( and pointless )

And, why all of this happens when one wants to buy a box? Shouldn’t this happen too when someone puts a gen crystal, dial, insert , etc ?

so please if you opened this post just to make false accusations and don’t actually give advice , there’s no point in posting 

thanks for those who sent links, i’m checking all of them , thank you 

sorry if this message may seem harsh but I feel like I needed to defend my position. 

Btw I was serious about showing you my collection 

Edited by lrnz

lrnz
3 hours ago, Glaude said:

+1

CurioLeo
1 hour ago, lrnz said:

Do you want to see my collection ? I have never had a  R clone movement. Always Asian clone. 

There is no need to talk bad about other members if you don’t know them, it’s just bad manners. ( and pointless )

And, why all of this happens when one wants to buy a box? Shouldn’t this happen too when someone puts a gen crystal, dial, insert , etc ?

so please if you opened this post just to make false accusations and don’t actually give advice , there’s no point in posting 

thanks for those who sent links, i’m checking all of them , thank you 

sorry if this message may seem harsh but I feel like I needed to defend my position. 

Btw I was serious about showing you my collection 

By all means, feel free to do so as we all like to share. Not making any accusations- still doesn't change how dubious it looked when you asked "where can I get box and papers for a Rolex". As for swapping parts for a gen crystal,  dial, insert etc, none of those things are a virtual prerequisite for selling a watch online but almost no one would touch a Rolex without at least box and papers and a decent return policy from a seller with lots of positive feedback. Of course, unless it is a super clone rep movement, as soon as one sets the time, they would know it is a rep unless they don't know anything at all about a gen Rolex so a box and papers wouldn't help much.  Perhaps I was also a bit harsh. So let's see your collection.:balls:

lrnz
31 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

By all means, feel free to do so as we all like to share. Not making any accusations- still doesn't change how dubious it looked when you asked "where can I get box and papers for a Rolex". As for swapping parts for a gen crystal,  dial, insert etc, none of those things are a virtual prerequisite for selling a watch online but almost no one would touch a Rolex without at least box and papers and a decent return policy from a seller with lots of positive feedback. Of course, unless it is a super clone rep movement, as soon as one sets the time, they would know it is a rep unless they don't know anything at all about a gen Rolex so a box and papers wouldn't help much.  Perhaps I was also a bit harsh. So let's see your collection.:balls:

So you think that it’s easier to sell a stock rep with a (Rep) box etc rather than a Franken without papers? Interesting..

I’ll send you a pm in a bit, give me the time to take some pics. 

By the way excuse me too if I sounded harsh 

Edited by lrnz

lrnz
45 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

So let's see your collection.:balls:

pm sent, hope everything is solved and lets talk about the box now please :D

Edited by lrnz

BenjaminButton

@lrnz

This is the ministry of love afterall, welcome to room 101.

GingerApple

No!!!! Let's not get all friendly yet, I've not abused anyone yet today and I've been awake for hours!!!

Guys, they're is only one reason he wants the full set if he's not scamming (and I believe he's not - he seems like a nice chap).

HE'S TRYING TO IMPRESS A CHICK!!!!! Or a chap. Either way, good luck, don't let your fake Rolex stand in the way of punani.

:boobies3:

deju

Op doesn’t sound like the usual scammer type, seems to fit in here. 

The boxes are shit, you are better investing in a nice multi watch box or winder. 

You can buy Gen boxes on TRF / EBay (eBay sells certificates but at £300+ and not matching the watch I don’t understand the point) 

Waspy

I kinda get it.

I once had a nice collection of vintage fishing reels.

I had an immaculate, unused, early model, Mitchell 300, I hunted down a  matching box and papers on eBay.

Just so it would make a nice display on my shelf.

It wasn't for showing to anyone else, I just liked it.