Hyjynx

Hyjynx’s Definitive Collection. A close look....

Hyjynx

This is a no-frills, unabashed, pictorial of my current collection of watches. I’m no watch snub, so some might be surprised by what I consider MY definitive and true collection. I’ll try to answer all questions, but to avoid unnecessary repetition, let’s get a few FAQs out of the way.

1. How long have you been collecting watches? I’ll say for most of my adult life, but only seriously in the last 7 or so years.

2. Which are your (insert any number here) favorite watches? I don’t have favorites. I just love watches (in no particular order) for design, materials and complications.

3. Is there a rhyme or reason to the arrangement? Yes. Borne more out of convenience than any other considerations, I arrange my watches by bands - SS bracelets, black leather, brown leather, black/brown rubber, and odd colors (blue, green, gray, etc.) Tourbillons are also grouped together.

4. What’s the thumb tacks for? That’s how I monitor watches worn and/or wound. After I return a worn watch into the box, I push a tack into the pillow/cushion so I don’t have reach for it until I complete a rotation. There are times I would have wound a watch to wear but changed my mind. It still gets tacked.

5. Why are there unused pillows and what are you doing about that unsightliness? My brass/bronze watches were on those. I recently decided to separate them from the rest of the collection because that’s the direction in which my interest is currently evolving and I’m running out of space for watch boxes. What am I going to do about the spaces? Buy more watches.

6. Will you make a list to help noobs identify all these watches? Maybe. Not today though. I still struggle with the nomenclature for the PAMs.

7. Seriously, are these all the watches you currently own? No. There are about 25 others that I acquired in the early days of my interest but are no longer worn or cared for, really. I bring them out at thanksgiving for my nephews to relieve or raid me of. Millennials are such suckers for anything battery-powered.

8. What is your current gen:rep ratio? I don’t know and I really don’t care. They’re all the same to me.

9. Besides a good disposable income, how does one get away with owning such a large collection of watches? One marries a self-accomplished woman with a proportional obsession for shoes and bags.

Now, on to the watches.

The SS bands box
731e852b195467448304f85dc0b82947.jpg

Black leather box
8c87cb2cfb01128ecb1024c4daeffc2b.jpg

Brown leather box (some black leather spillovers)
dd3d58db4ab90c943e645a195225be98.jpg

Rubber band box
5efaa556e0efcd30a9547a72937206bc.jpg

Tourbillon, and others box
0c0ebc7d0d58bb8ca5e2d2885aa851fc.jpg

Brass/bronze hangout
afef9471903758222f6913582f910bf4.jpg

A collage? Of course!
80d0f8e895d554a2eb5fc2b150e137f5.jpg

fatarms

Absolutely impressive.:Applause:

I think this is the first time I've seen your collection in totality in my years here.

8. What is your current gen:rep ratio? I don’t know and I really don’t care. They’re all the same to me.

I wish more people thought this way as well.  I have started to move toward design as well, rather than having a well known label on my wrist.

The top row of your tourbies, second watch in, the one with the blue dial.  May I ask what this model is?

Thank you for taking the time to share your collection with us, I know it's one of the more expansive ones I've seen here during my tenure.

RussP

Lovely.

Especially the Tourby lot.

Thanks for sharing your passion with us.

Thommo82

Exquisite!

Great mix of many styles

Thanks for sharing your passion with us 

Moondustesp

Very impressive collection :Applause:

Hyjynx
Nice Collection!

Thanks!

Absolutely impressive.:Applause:
I think this is the first time I've seen your collection in totality in my years here.
I wish more people thought this way as well.  I have started to move toward design as well, rather than having a well known label on my wrist.
The top row of your tourbies, second watch in, the one with the blue dial.  May I ask what this model is?
Thank you for taking the time to share your collection with us, I know it's one of the more expansive ones I've seen here during my tenure.

Thanks! That’s a Memorigin Stellar. I recently acquired it mainly because it’s a rare @3 o’clock tourbillon with bullhead crown placement.

Lovely.
Especially the Tourby lot.
Thanks for sharing your passion with us.

Thanks!

Exquisite!
Great mix of many styles
Thanks for sharing your passion with us 

Thanks!

Very impressive collection :Applause:

Thanks!

Glaude

Always so impressive and nice to see your collection ! There's something for every taste on this forum !

Thanks for sharing, keep collecting ;) 

Hyjynx
Always so impressive and nice to see your collection ! There's something for every taste on this forum !
Thanks for sharing, keep collecting  

Thanks. You keep saying such nice things and I’ll loathe to ever disappoint you!

watchcraze

Thanks for posting this. I used to think I had issues with my 20 or so watch collection (mostly gen tho) but this is whole other level of 'issues'. Haha.

k3rm87

Shit mate, and I thought I had it bad. 

Lovely collection and must be bloody hard to choose every morning!

Hyjynx
Thanks for posting this. I used to think I had issues with my 20 or so watch collection (mostly gen tho) but this is whole other level of 'issues'. Haha.

Thanks!

Shit mate, and I thought I had it bad. 

Lovely collection and must be bloody hard to choose every morning!

Thanks! Yeah, it’s a fecking first world problem having to do that EVERY morning. Sometimes twice in one day!

PostMaster

Thank you for sharing, a great passion put into this collection. How’s your family feel about this? :D Lol messing.

I see this collection and the song.... “Simply the best...” - Tina Turner. Comes to my mind.