matmus

HOW LONG HAS YOUR REP LASTED?

matmus

Hi all

This is my first post and and new to the whole rep scene. Im interested in getting a ARF Submariner Hulk.

My question to all of you is how long have your replica watches lasted for you and how often you service them.

I appreciate all answers.

Regards 

matmus

Rx4Time

I've got some member to member that are pushing 10 years old and still running fine.  You can get one that run for decades or one that dies in a day it's luck of the draw. only reason the service to movement is if there's something wrong with it like as a low-power reserve not keeping time well, etc.  Welcome to The Forum enjoy your time read up...do lots of studying before you make your first purchase.

deju

Get the arf and when it plays up get it serviced. 

Trust me you’ll be craving another watch well before that. 

So many watches so little time 

NFleischer
3 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

I've got some member to member that are pushing 10 years old and still running fine.  You can get one that run for decades or one that dies in a day it's luck of the draw. only reason the service to movement is if there's something wrong with it like as a low-power reserve not keeping time well, etc.  Welcome to The Forum enjoy your time read up...do lots of studying before you make your first purchase.

+1 Welcome aboard

cvp3

8 is my oldest, but yes, running fine. I suspect if I knew how to properly oil a movement, they would last quite awhile. I know for a fact that several are delivered dry. 

NFleischer

DSC00327.jpg

This crappy hybrid Sub/GMT was bought for $50 in Colombia in 1995. Never wear it and beat up but I think it's still running!

MD12112

New good quality reps, if you take care of them they can last long. 

I had a seamaster omega blue dial, eta mechanism , 12 years . Longest asian movement Ive had is a rolex daytona , 8 years 7750A . Next was a 7750 Breitling chronograph, 5 years before it ran slow, like new after service. 7 years overall. 

Cheaper miyota movements 2 years at the most. 

stfrance
On 11/11/2018 at 09:00, NFleischer said:

in 1995

Wow~~~:Applause: 23 years?????

PostMaster

I’ve had watches from Robbie a TD here and they’ve lasted me for about 3 years plus.. TANKS!! Wear them well and look after them in cute boxes.

VMSG

Almost 6 my oldest, works great

GulfGT40

My first one is 7 years and still going. Couple of jammed chrono buttons on others but they didn't work to start with.

I had one stop after a nasty shunt on the raceway. We had to re-shell the body so now I have a replica car. I enjoy the irony of that.

RussP

It ultimately depends upon the quality of the rep and how you treat your watches.

I have some that are 20+ years old, never been serviced, and still work well.

(Servicing watches in Australia is an expensive affair, hence my first comment above)

Welcome to the forum.

Beetleything

it lasted till that night i drank too

much and wet myself - then it was shot to shit forever :)

RX951

2 years on my NOOB V7 Hulk 

Bill_C

I have a cheap DateJust I bought in S.Korea in 1992 that has a Chinese 35zuan movement that still runs and keeps great time. It really is pretty hard to predict how long a watch will run. It could last a long time if you take care of it, or it could fall apart if you don't. I would suspect that the newer reps with better movements could last decades, but I am just speculating.

Mike R
12 minutes ago, Bill_C said:

pretty hard to predict how long a watch will run

So true 

I have a gold date just that’s over 15years old, still works

other side of coin, have a sub I bought off the gate last month and it’s broke and already thrown in the boneyard draw

one never knows

watchrepairsuk

From the servicing we have done at watchrepairsuk we see no reason why the movements in the reps once serviced and overhauled wouldn't last just as long as their swiss equivalent. There are varying levels of quality but if buy one of the higher quality versions there is no reason why they wouldn't last for decades providing they are maintained.