ie_benitez

ROO A7750 SECONDS @ 12 BYPASS

ie_benitez
 theoretically is this posible?

As I understand the main problem in this models is not the base movement, but the gears transfer case to the seconds @12. Would it be posible just to remove these gears, off course  the seconds hand would no longer move, but the minutes, hour hands and date should should still work with no problem correct? if so would this resolve the main issues and give me a more estable movement? One might be willing to lose the seconds hand sweep, if it resolves the main problem with the watch. 

Glaude

At this point, you better have a quartz model :p 

Of course you could remove the transfer gears, every watchmaker should be able to do it

ie_benitez
3 minutes ago, Glaude said:

At this point, you better have a quartz model :p 

Of course you could remove the transfer gears, every watchmaker should be able to do it

Do they still make them?  if they do at the same finish and detail quality? 

Glaude

You can find some quartz on the gate, you could ask a TD if he can get you one, I have no idea on the quality since they are not my type of watches

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, ie_benitez said:

One might be willing to lose the seconds hand sweep, if it resolves the main problem with the watch. 

You do not really need to remove the extra gearings on the second @12 A7750.
Just do not play with the chrono and read all the precaution on setting time and date on an A7750. You should be fine. If it breaks then you can ask the watchmaker to remove those gears and freeze the subdials, since there is no replacement parts for them.

As @Glaude said,  you can play with the chrono all you want if you get the quartz AP ROO Chrono, but the subdial spacings are not as gen.

Here is mine;
IMG-20180521-165530.jpg 

ie_benitez
12 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

You do not really need to remove the extra gearings on the second @12 A7750.
Just do not play with the chrono and read all the precaution on setting time and date on an A7750. You should be fine. If it breaks then you can ask the watchmaker to remove those gears and freeze the subdials, since there is no replacement parts for them.

As @Glaude said,  you can play with the chrono all you want if you get the quartz AP ROO Chrono, but the subdial spacings are not as gen.

Here is mine;
IMG-20180521-165530.jpg 

10-4! Nice watch!