judas9r

Noob v8 no date Submariner

judas9r

Noob v8 no date sub from Trustytime

OK, so here's a watch that's been reviewed an untold number of times. There's nothing new to say about this ledgend of the replica watch world, so I'll just stick to what it means to me.

I, along with many others, have a love/hate relationship with the Sub. I love the immediatley recognisable, iconic design and the pure, rugged functionality of the watch as a timepiece.

The fact that it is so recognisable and well known is for me this watches' downfall. Here it comes... This watch is therefore attractive to and worn by people who want you to know that they are wearing a Rolex watch. Usually boring loudmouthed, selfish types that would sell their own granny just to bore you to death with the two weeks in the Maldives they just had and mention their Audi Q7 at least twice in that same one sided conversation (I'm not bitter).

But HELL! I still want a Sub! 

I can therefore justifiy my rep as a big poke in the eye to those aforementioned folk. They kind of expect me to own one anyway, so arn't going to ask the obvious question. For my part, I get the warm fuzzy feeling that I wasted my 6k on a rapidly depreciating motorcycle rather than the sound investment of a genuine Rolex Sub. Which, paradoxically, reenforces the loudmouthed, money to burn twat image that i covertly desire to project (what a fake watch wearing looser).

Anyhow. The watch. When it came, i didn't think i could pull it off. But now, a few days later, i can't take it off. What a lovely thing it is. I told myself i was picking the no date for being true to the original form. But really, it was probably to reduce the tell factor and to my (myopic) eye it looks pretty good. Its more in the feel of the rough edges here and there and od spots of poor finish that i can notice. But on the wrist the details are too small to detect. Is the glass too high? Maybe, i don't know. Is the bezel 100% correct? I cant tell. Is the font on the rehaut correct? I cant see it without magnification. It looks real enough for me to cover it up in Lidl.

Trusty Time was, as before, a pleasure to do business with. Pleasant and polite, happy to deal with them (Andrew) again soon.

Here's the eye candy.

Gkqlg.jpgGk7AR.jpgGkYMZ.jpgGkFjd.jpgGkgb2.jpgGkllb.jpgGko53.jpg

Ratubbs

I love the watch and everything it stands for !
Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motak

love it! 

congratulations

k4jun

Good reading:)

Enjoy your new watch!

ryantanchan

good choice sir!

black263
23 hours ago, judas9r said:

The fact that it is so recognisable and well known is for me this watches' downfall. Here it comes... This watch is therefore attractive to and worn by people who want you to know that they are wearing a Rolex watch. Usually boring loudmouthed, selfish types that would sell their own granny just to bore you to death with the two weeks in the Maldives they just had and mention their Audi Q7 at least twice in that same one sided conversation (I'm not bitter).

That's why I flatly refuse to wear a Rolex.  I really don't want to be looked on as someone who owns a Q7.

tim2827

Nice watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpaca9

Very nice! Easily recognizable isn't always a bad thing though - I'd lean more towards "iconic." But the Q7 part is totally true lol

ukstocktrader

My thoughts exactly about the date versions looking moody. Looks good, do you wear it often ? What sort of time does it keep.?

Theviking

This is very much the way I feel about the subs. As a result I'm currently converting a new SD cartel into a vintage one. So instead of a recognisable £6k shiney Rolex, I'll have a semi-recognisable £50k knackered Rolex.

WTF am I doing?

lizzyfan

Interesting viewpoint ! 

I bought my Gen 114060 April 2015, I drove a Vauxhall insignia back then. I’ve just bought an ‘18 reg Audi Q5 (the Q7 was too big for my needs!!) 

I’m interested in the rep Sub to see how good it is when put side by side with the real thing. If I do decide to buy one I’ll do a comparison. 

Pekeano

LOL! Rolex and Audi Q7. Like them both.

Reg1985

Nice watch :)