KarmaToBurn

What movement is in my Sub (repaired)?

KarmaToBurn

About a month ago I received my late father-in-law's Regmariner that I ordered for him in 2012 and that started my journey into reps. While he owned it the original 2813 movement crapped out and he had it replaced by a local watch smith. I'm wondering if anybody has an idea as to what the original movement was replaced with (I don't want to open it up).  The movement is still a low beat but it has an unusual quirk when using the quickset date. Instead of just turning the crown to set the date you have to turn the crown in the opposite direction you normally would so that the date does a little shake/jump then turn it the normal way to advance the date. You have to do it for each date change. Are there any low beat movements that have this odd feature or is it just the case of a messed up date set mechanism?

Here's the 2012 Regmariner in question after I cleaned it up a bit.

IMG-20181029-131956.jpg

Rx4Time

Does it hack? 

AreWGadmin

You need to send a picture of the actual movement. It could be a miyota or something similar used in the Invicta sub homage.  It could also be an NH35A, or some other Asian movement. There are hundreds of possibilities.

KarmaToBurn
24 minutes ago, Rx4Time said:

Does it hack? 

It does

11 minutes ago, AreWGadmin said:

You need to send a picture of the actual movement. It could be a miyota or something similar used in the Invicta sub homage.  It could also be an NH35A, or some other Asian movement. There are hundreds of possibilities.

Didn't want to open it up. Was hoping the unusual date setting would help identify what's in there.

Rx4Time

Unfortunately, no.  Just use a ball of duct tape and open it up if you want to know for sure, but odds are it's an asian 2813 variant. 

zulu44gmt

Sounds like the date overlay is catching on something- I had a watch do the same thing - found some glued had oozed out and was rubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk