Howitzer

Tudor Black (e)Bay?

Howitzer

What do you reckon chaps?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TUDOR-BLACK-BAY-HERITAGE-REF-79220N-FULL-SET-YEAR-2015-LIKE-NEW/132862779505?hash=item1eef3d2071:g:sK8AAOSwtw9b9GzX:rk:4:pf:1&frcectupt=true

I have the gen and was looking to see current prices/availability out of interest. Something does not seem right with this one. The box isn't the same as mine and no NATO so clearly not a full set, but that's not a given as the boxes did change if I recall. Bezel pip doesn't look right, the rose logo seems to have that ZF fade to it, and the gold finish of the hands, markers, and dial font doesn't seem, well, gold enough?? The pics aren't great so it might just be that. Plus it's a grand cheaper than the rest.

Anyway, thought I'd get more eyes on out of interest!

EBB

Tudor recalled the nato straps for all the ETA versions, It can technically still be a full set without the nato, but I understand what you mean.

Howitzer
Tudor recalled the nato straps for all the ETA versions, It can technically still be a full set without the nato, but I understand what you mean.

I never got that memo - still got mine :)

7906eeeb19afe16f74c1e6e797a353b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EBB
35 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

I never got that memo - still got mine :)

7906eeeb19afe16f74c1e6e797a353b7.jpg

yeah if you purchased before the recall, then good for you. But they're starting to become penny pinchers not offering the extra strap. I've got 79220b, the nato is really luxurious, have you found any other natos of similar feel?

Howitzer
yeah if you purchased before the recall, then good for you. But they're starting to become penny pinchers not offering the extra strap. I've got 79220b, the nato is really luxurious, have you found any other natos of similar feel?

Never. And I’ve tried a lot!

MAJ75

I think you need to be so careful when the reps have NWBIG status like on this occasion. My view would be that with pieces like this it just isn't worth the risk when the selling price is fairly similar to what a bricks & mortar shop would be offering for used & even then if the premium was 10-15% over an Ebayer I'd take it for the piece of mind offered.

Howitzer
I think you need to be so careful when the reps have NWBIG status like on this occasion. My view would be that with pieces like this it just isn't worth the risk when the selling price is fairly similar to what a bricks & mortar shop would be offering for used & even then if the premium was 10-15% over an Ebayer I'd take it for the piece of mind offered.

Agreed.

CurioLeo

Wrong box, 2015 BBB came with a Nato, fuzzy photos. Almost certainly a super rep being passed off as a gen.

GingerApple

Looks like it's got a big fat hole in the seconds hand where it sits on the pinion - isn't that a tell on these? Gen is capped isn't it?

Howitzer
Looks like it's got a big fat hole in the seconds hand where it sits on the pinion - isn't that a tell on these? Gen is capped isn't it?

Well mine is certainly capped - good spot. Lends Weds weight to the NWBIG argument though. Needs a good few eyes on it to spot any flaws

RussP

NWBIG..................... I had to Google the acronym.

Been here for years and heard it for the first time today.

BadPickle
2 hours ago, RussP said:

NWBIG..................... I had to Google the acronym.

Been here for years and heard it for the first time today.

:facepalm:  It’s an RWI thing, they love all that kinda crap, special clubs and stuff. 

At that price you’d expect more/better pics,  stay well away 

RussP
1 hour ago, pickledbeetroot said:

:facepalm:  It’s an RWI thing, they love all that kinda crap, special clubs and stuff. 

At that price you’d expect more/better pics,  stay well away 

I'm not buying anything else at the moment.

Just acquired Frazzle's PN Daytona on a whim.

Possibly my last purchase for 2018.

BadApple
8 minutes ago, RussP said:

I'm not buying anything else at the moment.

Just acquired Frazzle's PN Daytona on a whim.

Possibly my last purchase for 2018.

Part timer. There's a full month left FFS.

Thommo82
11 minutes ago, BADAPPLE said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Fuck.....

I lol’d

HorFan

Looks bogus to me, the dial has white printing and chapter ring like a BB blue, BB black should be rose gold ink, yes?

RussP
9 hours ago, BADAPPLE said:

Well said.

Guess I'm in curator mode with my collection of watches.

Divest myself of the lesser worn pieces and acquire ones that I've long hankered after.