Alan32

Strange wristwatch week

Alan32

Started of on Wednesday at the Doc's . Nice old guy who retired a couple of years ago, and got his job back the next day, sitting bold as brass showing of his Rolex Hulk:bugeyes:! (we obviously pay our Doctors WAY too much)

Then as I was getting ready with the wife to go to a "Do" in our local jewelers with the Bremont  team, The watch arrived!  had a great evening chatting to Nick English and the rest of his team, and had a fondle of the Longines Master Moonphase that Silix are acquiring me a copy off.  :wub:                     

The watch is a limited edition Martin Baker 2 with engraving to commemorate the service of the MK4 Commando Seaking and those of us privileged to fly her. The rotor is engraved with " Junglie " the affectionate name for 700, 845 and 846 Sqns of the Fleet Air Arm.

The final photo is of a 1990s Seiko perpetual calendar, which I had skulking about which ,through the wonders of the interweb, I have managed to clean up, replace the battery AND reprogram

If you pull out the crown and push it in again within a second the watch will tell you , the" leap year cycle" year ,the month and then return to the day, AND it has a GMT/24 hr hand.:happy:

unfortunately  I've  just noticed the hands are slightly out of alignment so more work for me this weekend!:thud:

PagU2.jpgPaYPZ.jpgPadKR.jpgPaqYg.jpgPaOUa.jpgPatay.jpgPaaPG.jpgPaBh6.jpgPm6aF.jpg