Slash

Bank telling me trusty time is a scam

Slash

Hi guys, first of all if I have posted this in the wrong place I apologise now. So as the title says this time last year I went to order a watch from trusty time, and went to pay by bank transfer but the payment would not go through. I rang my bank and they told me trusty was a scammer and had issues with him before. They therefore froze my account and issued me a new card. I was rather confused my all of this because I here nothing but ladies about trusty all over the forums. But since this event I have cut all ties with reps and have not been on any of the forums since. But over the past few months I have several emails from trusty (Unknowningly still subscribed to his emails) and have seen some of the new watches and have wanted them so badly lol (oh the troubles of being a watch fanatic lol!). Some i here to get your advice really on what to do. Is it safe to order? Perhaps using a different payment method? Thanks in advance. 

BadApple

Don't you think taking this up direct with him is better than posting this "doubt inducing" post on here? 

Wriggles

Absolutely 100% positively a scammer.  Thats the primary reason we have a feedback section for them hosted on our forum, with over 16 THOUSAND posts in it. Because they're scammer. Yup, has to be the reason,......

:suicide:

Slash
8 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

Absolutely 100% positively a scammer.  Thats the primary reason we have a feedback section for them hosted on our forum, with over 16 THOUSAND posts in it. Because they're scammer. Yup, has to be the reason,......

:suicide:

This is why I was unsure when by back blocked it. 

BenjaminButton

Question ...... have you double checked you are/ were using the correct site and email address as listed in the TD list?

deju

Your bank will block all unusual activity. 

I’m assuming you don’t transfer hundreds of dollars to China a lot. 

tonyh7

One of the tedious things about reps is the hassle of paying for them. In this case it sounds to me either he has the wrong Trusty, or that the bank is being a pita - probably the latter. I avoid bank transfers for that reason. Mostly I've used WU, but it gets gets harder to find a WU agent nearby as more and more people are using the internet. The anxiety with WU agents for me is relying on some of the halfwits they employ to put the transaction through correctly. I've tried using WU and Moneygram online and have had transactions refused in both cases. Now I use paypal with a TD I regularly use. Works well but I miss my WU discount. Also if someone screws up his paypal I will hunt them down and kill them!

BadApple
13 minutes ago, BenjaminButton said:

Question ...... have you double checked you are/ were using the correct site and email address as listed in the TD list?

I've found a few TrustyTime sites - all look similar to the real deal !!

Kuvarsit's another in fact most of our TD's suffer from scam "mirror" sites

Slash
3 minutes ago, tonyh7 said:

One of the tedious things about reps is the hassle of paying for them. In this case it sounds to me either he has the wrong Trusty, or that the bank is being a pita - probably the latter. I avoid bank transfers for that reason. Mostly I've used WU, but it gets gets harder to find a WU agent nearby as more and more people are using the internet. The anxiety with WU agents for me is relying on some of the halfwits they employ to put the transaction through correctly. I've tried using WU and Moneygram online and have had transactions refused in both cases. Now I use paypal with a TD I regularly use. Works well but I miss my WU discount. Also if someone screws up his paypal I will hunt them down and kill them!

Great thing about PayPal is you can recall it using a certain type, I think it’s called family and friends. Although don’t quote me on this, but I know it is definitely possible 

GingerApple
7 minutes ago, Slash said:

Great thing about PayPal is you can recall it using a certain type, I think it’s called family and friends. Although don’t quote me on this, but I know it is definitely possible 

Just for clarification, were you to recall/dispute a payment via PayPal without express permission from a Forum Moderator, you will be kicked off all rep forums forever and be blacklisted amongst all TDs.

BenjaminButton
I've found a few TrustyTime sites - all look similar to the real deal !!
Kuvarsit's another in fact most of our TD's suffer from scam "mirror" sites

Exactly.

Feeling weary I cut my response right back removing all the reading and research fail verbal shite. I think it’s an OP fail on some level, regardless of which type, and he’s simply not cut out for this hobby.

Slash
23 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

Just for clarification, were you to recall/dispute a payment via PayPal without express permission from a Forum Moderator, you will be kicked off all rep forums forever and be blacklisted amongst all TDs.

No, no I meant with permission and all etc. It’s just easier than getting your bank to recall the payment 

BadApple
45 minutes ago, Slash said:

:digging2:

Slash
27 minutes ago, BADAPPLE said:

:digging2:

I think you misunderstood. I meant PayPal is easier to be recalled if something did happen, rather than going through the troubles of getting your bank to do it. You can’t recall the payment anyway if you’d don’t have substantial evidence to back it up. 

tonyh7
4 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

Which is the behaviour I was referring to in regard to hunting down and killing people!