OLLO

2836 pushed to hard on the stem removal button

OLLO

Hi,

I had to open my Omega GMT Rep to fix a hand and I obviously pushed the button too deep : (

The stem doesn´t click in and I cannot change time, date and gmt anymore or wind it up.

I found some articles in the web talking about the keyless hacking problem.

Did someone manage to repair that problem ?

If yes, are there any good repair tutorials on the web.

Any help appreciated

Thanks 

Oliver

Balance

You may have dislodged the keyless works on the dial side of the movement if, for some reason, the stem release button hasn't been secured well enough. If you are confident enough to experiment (there are plenty of youtube tutorials) you could take the hands and dial off to have a look and see if anything is loose where the stem enters the movement at the 3 O'clock position. 

Happy to help further based on your reply. 

OLLO
20 minutes ago, Balance said:

You may have dislodged the keyless works on the dial side of the movement if, for some reason, the stem release button hasn't been secured well enough. If you are confident enough to experiment (there are plenty of youtube tutorials) you could take the hands and dial off to have a look and see if anything is loose where the stem enters the movement at the 3 O'clock position. 

Happy to help further based on your reply. 

Thanks for your help. OK, I´ll experiment. I´ll remove the hands and the dial and keep you informed about my progress. Do I have to remove the datewheel as well ?
Do you know a good tutorial for the Asian 2836 hands and dial removal ?

kind regards

Oliver 

BadPickle
29 minutes ago, OLLO said:

Thanks for your help. OK, I´ll experiment. I´ll remove the hands and the dial and keep you informed about my progress. Do I have to remove the datewheel as well ?
Do you know a good tutorial for the Asian 2836 hands and dial removal ?

kind regards

Oliver 

Yes you will need to remove the DW to access the keyless works. 

Have a search around the forum for helpful topics, there’s a keyless reset tutorial here somewhere. 

In the meantime,, I did a 21j hand/dial/movement removal which is kinda similar. 

OLLO

Hi, 

I removed the hands and the dial but now I´m a bit stuck with the dial wheel

How can I remove that ?

lpssA.jpg

Edited by OLLO

simplemind

Look at youtube.. search watch repair channel. Mark is the guys name. hes very instructive. he shows complete teardowns of movements, he helped me with 2824 movements, which are very similar if I'm not mistaken.

Disclaimer.. Im not affiliated with his channel i just watch it alot, if you have good magnifier, tweezers, screwdrivers etc. shouldn't be too hard to work out. Something is dislodged in keyless work as the others stated

BadPickle

This ain’t gonna go well if you haven’t got a grip of the basics. 

Watch some YouTube videos, have a google around. 

Look here- 

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/modification-repairs/23649-eta-2824-date-wheel-change-is-there-a-tutorial-around

https://www.watchrepairlessons.com/

kennycoder

A2836 are a bitch. Super sensitive button with lower quality parts. Had this issue countless times. You need to remove the dial and re-do the keyless with stem inside, then you need to remove it carefully again and re-insert into the case without fucking it up again. Best of luck.

Balance

Others have kindly stepped in and given additional advice when I've been away, but I'd echo the views that you should watch as many videos as you can to familiarise yourself with the process and order of the task. Take your time and factor in plently of time away from the moment. It can be easy to want to do it all at once but slow and steady will definitely win the race in this case. 

OLLO

Thanks for all your tipps

So I have to open the 2 screws and remove the plates to get the date wheel out ?

The left one is the one with the spring that can be lost ?

Thanks 

Oliver

lpssA.jpg

GingerApple

This is ballsy! Good stuff OP.   :thumbsup:

Balance

It's hard to fully assess based on the picture but you'll likely need to remove the movement spacer (the grey disk around the outside) and then at least remove the screw and plate aligned with the number 24 in your image. That alone may free the date disk, otherwise you may also need to remove some of the wheels you can see on the face of the movement.

Keep us updated. 

BadPickle
1 hour ago, OLLO said:

Thanks for all your tipps

So I have to open the 2 screws and remove the plates to get the date wheel out ?

The left one is the one with the spring that can be lost ?

Thanks 

Oliver

lpssA.jpg

Yes, keep us posted on the outcome.

OLLO
22 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Yes, keep us posted on the outcome.

Of course I´ll do : )

I sure need some support for the keyless works to finish.

At the moment I´m waiting for better screwdrivers

kind regards

Oliver

BadPickle

There were 2 really splendid threads here on the forum, but sadly the pics have disappeared.  

I have stripped down and re assembled a 2824 using this in the past, I’ll see if I can find another somewhere. 

NCRich

Video

OLLO

OK, got the date wheel off without any problems,

I only opened the right screw and removed the plate.

I made the rotate the date wheel back a little trick and I pushed the spring a bit back and it went off.

As far as I can see I deformed some parts in the keyless area a bit.

What do you think ? How should I continue. As adviced I#m trying to stay calm ; )

lFxnG.md.jpg

GingerApple

Lol, this is like trying to teach someone to operate via a forum:

'Find the top rib on the left hand side of the body. Take your scalpel and make a 6 cm long, 2cm deep incision just above the rib. Place your hands inside the incision and gently pull apart. If you've not completed step one correctly (anaesthetic), the patient will probably make you aware during this stage of the procedure....'

OLLO

Thanks for your support, I opened the keyless, as everything was a little distorted.

Put the stem on it and the two gears. Unfortunately 1 came off with the bigger part lying above.

Are 1 and 2 in the right place ?, do they have to touch somewhere ?

lTToo.jpg

kind regards and thanks for any help

Oliver

OLLO

This watch repair video describes the assembly quite well and I managed to repair it : )

Unfortunately I did deform something, as the stem doesn't stay in the movement, but I'm confident now that I´ll fix that as well in the future.

Thanks for all support.

GingerApple

Good work dude!

:Applause:

Way easier watching a video than following written instructions.

tonyh7

Well done if you managed it. Keyless reset on a this movement is not for the faint hearted.