julian2002

Shot of the collection

julian2002

Seems to be a staple part of some other watch forums and I couldn't find a thread so thought I'd start one.

Here's my small collection of both reps and gens.

s40yut.jpg

Gens are along the top...

Bulova Precisionist - xmas present from the wife.

Seiko Orange  Monster - present to myself.

Armani Exchange - another present from the wife.

Breitling Superocean Heitage II 46 - yep another present from wifey.

Apple watch S2 - you guessed it...

Reps on the bottom

AP ROO Diver - DHG special timer crown is loose but screws in ok, looks and feels good on the wrist.

AP RO blue boutique  - my first dhg rep - no issues, really lucked out on that one.

Tag Heuer Monaco - 15 years old bought from a ladyboy market seller in Thailand never wear it any more as it's going home but kept for sentimental reasons.

Parnis IWC Portuguesier Homage - not a rep as such I know.

Rolex Pepsi GMTM2 - another DHG watch broken on receipt - second hand gets stuck after 5 minutes running in the position shown. Vague thoughts of trying to fix it myself but I have fists of ham.

I have a citizen ecodrive too but that is well and truly broken as I tried to change the battery / capacitor myself and totally knackered it - I only keep it for sentimental reasons as it was the first semi decent watch i bought myself.

So that's my modest collection of watches - I'm hoping to add a working GMTM2 Pepsi rep at some point and I'd love a Grand Seiko but that won;t be for a while now.

Anyone care to show theirs?

Howitzer

Thanks for sharing! Always nice to see the range of people's tastes. I do think you need to get some Tudors and Omegas in there though....

There is a sub-forum for these by the way, but I can see how you might have missed it. 

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/forum/34-my-collection/

PostMaster

Very lovely collection and a very very caring wife. Need a new box now lol.

Might want to put into collections:

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/forum/34-my-collection/

6 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

I do think you need to get some Tudors and Omegas in there though

+1

True

julian2002

Ah, sorry newbie here didn't realise there was a collections sub forum - i'll go copy paste it in there. Yes I'm a very lucky man when it comes to my wife...

Mike R

@julian2002 nice collection you have there. Digging the orange seiko

and I just picked up one of those AP RO’s on M2M,  Another fine watch

time for a bigger box?

julian2002

The Seiko is a great watch and very versatile in that you can stick it on a nato or rubber strap and it totally changes the look of the thing, I don't wear it much at the moment though as my 'beater' is the apple watch (just so convenient and i'm trying to hit the gym most days and that tracks my fitness) and the breitling, being my newest, get most of my wrist time. 

I've got a watch box on my amazon wishlist - i'm hoping one of my friends or family takes the hint :p The apple usually lives on it's charging dock to technically I still have space for one more... and the broken rolex will get the heave if something else comes along.... 

Glaude

Wait for a mod to move the topic instead of copying there :) 

@Foxindebox for example ! 

paccbet

Awesome collection Julian

julian2002

:sad: :wallbash: doh too late... if the mods want to lock or delete this thread then please do 

semperfi55
1 hour ago, julian2002 said:

xmas present from the wife

another present from the wife

yep another present from wifey.

you guessed it...

You sir are a very lucky man :clap:

I'd love to show pics of my collection but that might trigger some very complicated feelings for me....

You'll see why in this 

I'm hoping to add a working GMTM2 Pepsi rep at some point and I'd love a Grand Seiko but that won;t be for a while now.

That's cool and all but most importantly, what are you getting NOW :lol:

Glaude
13 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

You'll see why in this 

And @julian2002 you will add to this post of @semperfi55 the dozen of others he has yet to show in his collection post ... he is a hoarder ! :D 

deju

Funny your wife should gift you the breitling, on Sunday looking in the AD window, that’s the watch my GF liked best. 

Not that she’ll gift me it :lol:

good collection mate! 

julian2002

dear god @semperfi55 that's a collection to aspire to - that monza is gorgeous and the JLC and ALS reps are outstanding. 

Yes I'm a very lucky man, she does tend to roll her eyes and sigh whenever i mention watches or she spots me browsing chrono24 or a rep site, and she will very often drag me away from jewelers windows while i'm calculating the current market value of one of my kidneys (I think there's a whole chapter about it in the wife / girlfriend handbook) but she panders to my obsession when I need it most and puts up with random packages from china turning up every so often with good grace.

Just ordered a rubber strap for the Breitling today - yet to tell her that yet another package from china is incoming :fear:

Not sure what the next actual watch purchase will be, I need to get the money sink that is xmas out of the way first but  after well.....

julian2002
14 minutes ago, deju said:

Funny your wife should gift you the breitling, on Sunday looking in the AD window, that’s the watch my GF liked best. 

Not that she’ll gift me it :lol:

good collection mate! 

Thanks, i'd been looking at them for a while with vague ideas about it or a black bay GMT.  The Breitling is like a chameleon though, you can wear it with a suit or with jeans or board shorts, it just fits wherever whereas the tudor is firmly in the casual camp and would look out of place in a formal setting also once it was on my wrist I wasn't taking it off.

The watch has a very special meaning to me as she bought it in memory of my mum who passed away at the end of October, she was a watch lover also and had a many women's watches ( i'll try to post a few pictures of these too at some point once we have finished sorting through things ) many of them are quite old as my parents loved to go out to dances etc. before I came along and ruined their fun. At some point I will be getting the back of the Breitling engraved and it will be passed down to my son in her memory.

Sorry about that, don't mean to get all maudlin.

BadApple

Luck man. A real watch lovers wife.

This is most of us on here.....

ghhg.gif

YOU'VE BOUGHT ANOTHER FUCKIN' WATCH

PostMaster
17 minutes ago, BADAPPLE said:

Luck man. A real watch lovers wife.

This is most of us on here.....

ghhg.gif

YOU'VE BOUGHT ANOTHER FUCKIN' WATCH

Hahaha soo soo true

:choke:

whitegold79
Seems to be a staple part of some other watch forums and I couldn't find a thread so thought I'd start one.
Here's my small collection of both reps and gens.
s40yut.jpg
Gens are along the top...
Bulova Precisionist - xmas present from the wife.
Seiko Orange  Monster - present to myself.
Armani Exchange - another present from the wife.
Breitling Superocean Heitage II 46 - yep another present from wifey.
Apple watch S2 - you guessed it...

Reps on the bottom
AP ROO Diver - DHG special timer crown is loose but screws in ok, looks and feels good on the wrist.
AP RO blue boutique  - my first dhg rep - no issues, really lucked out on that one.
Tag Heuer Monaco - 15 years old bought from a ladyboy market seller in Thailand never wear it any more as it's going home but kept for sentimental reasons.
Parnis IWC Portuguesier Homage - not a rep as such I know.
Rolex Pepsi GMTM2 - another DHG watch broken on receipt - second hand gets stuck after 5 minutes running in the position shown. Vague thoughts of trying to fix it myself but I have fists of ham.

I have a citizen ecodrive too but that is well and truly broken as I tried to change the battery / capacitor myself and totally knackered it - I only keep it for sentimental reasons as it was the first semi decent watch i bought myself.
So that's my modest collection of watches - I'm hoping to add a working GMTM2 Pepsi rep at some point and I'd love a Grand Seiko but that won;t be for a while now.
Anyone care to show theirs?
Here's my little collection43edeeb81a9ce9f3fd08f9c175781987.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk