Should I Cop This?

dubmood

Hey guys,

I need your opinions. Is it worth purchasing this watch:

w3pogKi_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

47vAbIU_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Kk7qxZu_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

eWM3Bwl_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Year: 2012 discontinued model with box and papers. Only few hairlines, no dings.

The asking price is 41,000 USD. Is it worth it or is he asking for too much?

GingerApple

A bit too much, not loads. Crazy money for a watch though!

dubmood
2 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

A bit too much, not loads. Crazy money for a watch though!

It's more of an asset I believe, Can save my money on it, and maybe it'll go up in price later on when it's time to sell it?

McGilli

If he throws in those gloves - then you have yourself a deal :) 

dubmood
13 minutes ago, McGilli said:

If he throws in those gloves - then you have yourself a deal :) 

No gloves in the deal. Still worth it?

PostMaster

Not worth it at all.. but it’s your money and your investments. Call your accountant.

They are nice gloves 

Wires

The last time somebody wore gloves like that in a jewellers they were also wearing a crash helmet:D 

PostMaster
17 minutes ago, Wires said:

The last time somebody wore gloves like that in a jewellers they were also wearing a crash helmet:D 

:giggle:

Balance

Is it just me, or is a question about the worth of a $41k watch ever going to come with a "yes" answer on a rep forum (even though it is in the gen sub-thread)?

Edited by Balance

repmaster1234

Hell-to-the-no, daddy-O. 

It's more of an asset I believe, Can save my money on it, and maybe it'll go up in price later on when it's time to sell it?

If you truly want a watch as an investment, go with a Rolex or Patek. They are the only brands that have shown consistent appreciation long term. And with a chunk of change that size, you can get a really, really decent Rolex or Patek. Something along the lines of a four line gilt 5512 or a full gold 1675. Those are watches that will almost certainly increase significantly in value, even within the next five to ten years. But to find a great investment watch, you'll need to do a lot of research. Look at past auction results, community consensus on the model and even the particular example, and most importantly whether or not you like it. Another point is that rarity of a piece on it's own right is generally a better indicator of value than is being rare by "limited edition". However, if want the AP because you like it first and want it as an investment second, then ignore all this and buy it. That's what really matters in the end... well at least it is if you have 40k burning a hole in your pocket and nothing better to spend it on. :rofl:

BadPickle
1 hour ago, Wires said:

:D 

Buglicker
3 hours ago, dubmood said:

eWM3Bwl_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

For $41,000 I’d want the date wheel lined up...

dubmood
20 hours ago, repmaster1234 said:

Hell-to-the-no, daddy-O. 

If you truly want a watch as an investment, go with a Rolex or Patek. They are the only brands that have shown consistent appreciation long term. And with a chunk of change that size, you can get a really, really decent Rolex or Patek. Something along the lines of a four line gilt 5512 or a full gold 1675. Those are watches that will almost certainly increase significantly in value, even within the next five to ten years. But to find a great investment watch, you'll need to do a lot of research. Look at past auction results, community consensus on the model and even the particular example, and most importantly whether or not you like it. Another point is that rarity of a piece on it's own right is generally a better indicator of value than is being rare by "limited edition". However, if want the AP because you like it first and want it as an investment second, then ignore all this and buy it. That's what really matters in the end... well at least it is if you have 40k burning a hole in your pocket and nothing better to spend it on. :rofl:

I have a Submariner gold Sunburst dial 2017 and a Daytona gold Champagne dial 2018. But thanks for all the replies guys, so in other words he asks for too much

dubmood

hTwWsAc.jpgpp1b1M2.jpgo4WHMgW.jpg

Genius
On 04/12/2018 at 21:55, Buglicker said:

For $41,000 I’d want the date wheel lined up...

Fucking A

Cant believe no other fucker spotted it!

Absolutely needs a manufacture service to be worth that kinda money

watchcraze

Yea, don't think this is an 'investment' you should be going for.

GingerApple

I love the way we're giving the guy with multiple, solid gold, Gens financial advice...

FoxWilde
On 04/12/2018 at 13:15, dubmood said:

No gloves in the deal. Still worth it?

nah. if gloves are off the table...... my money's off the table

RUSH2112

Gardening gloves with a $41k watch?

Waspy
47 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

I love the way we're giving the guy with multiple solid, gold Gens financial advice...

Now that is fucking funny LOL

Glaude
5 minutes ago, Waspy said:

Now that is fucking funny LOL

Don't get used to it, it's one of the few time he is... :D 

PostMaster
1 hour ago, GingerBlubba said:

I love the way we're giving the guy with multiple, solid gold, Gens financial advice...

:rofl:

repmaster1234
1 hour ago, GingerBlubba said:

Fair enough. Granted, financial success and knowledge of watches as an income producing asset are definitely not mutually exclusive. Hence why people buy things like Hublot-myfuckingbrainsout. Was that biased enough? :D 

brang1

Why would you come onto a Replica site and ask for opinions?  Mind boggles.... i also want the gloves though

dubmood
3 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

:D

3 hours ago, FoxWilde said:

nah. if gloves are off the table...... my money's off the table

Haha then my money is also off the table!! I guess those gloves must be worth a fortune...

1 hour ago, brang1 said:

Why would you come onto a Replica site and ask for opinions?  Mind boggles.... i also want the gloves though

I believe people who spend time here know lots about watches... Yea those gloves must be something extra since everyone here wants them :D