dubmood

Should I Cop This?

dubmood
1 hour ago, repmaster1234 said:

Fair enough. Granted, financial success and knowledge of watches as an income producing asset are definitely not mutually exclusive. Hence why people buy things like Hublot-myfuckingbrainsout. Was that biased enough? :D 

I never understood people who like Hublots really...

FoxWilde
3 hours ago, brang1 said:

Why would you come onto a Replica site and ask for opinions?  Mind boggles.... i also want the gloves though

A lot of us, including me. Waste their money on both gen and rep. A month ago I spent a good fortune on some extremely beautiful antique pocket watches from an estate sale. Gold IWC, gold Patek Gondola, gold Audemars, VC....whatever. I could’ve bought so many awesome reps with that money. 

Most people are heavily involved in both the rep and gen world here. Including me. 

Also those gloves are kickass. So...yeah

RussP
4 hours ago, FoxWilde said:

A lot of us, including me. Waste their money on both gen and rep. A month ago I spent a good fortune on some extremely beautiful antique pocket watches from an estate sale. Gold IWC, gold Patek Gondola, gold Audemars, VC....whatever. I could’ve bought so many awesome reps with that money. 

Most people are heavily involved in both the rep and gen world here. Including me. 

Also those gloves are kickass. So...yeah

:ttiwwop:

Rx4Time

Watch is beautiful, but as said I think it's a bit overpriced.  Factor in that at 6 years old it'll need a service sooner and consider the cost of this.  Definitely not an investment piece, as it's not a high in demand model.  Buy it because you like it.. I'd suggest you assume you will loose 25% after a difficult sell since it's got a somewhat limited market.

Consider the link below, which may even be the same seller that you were looking at based off of the unusual color glove.  The one in that link can be purchased on Chrono 24 for $27000, granted it has a leather band vs gold. 

https://www.chrono24.com/audemarspiguet/royal-oak-chronograph-39mm-rose-gold-26022orood088cr01--id9586124.htm

dubmood
6 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

Watch is beautiful, but as said I think it's a bit overpriced.  Factor in that at 6 years old it'll need a service sooner and consider the cost of this.  Definitely not an investment piece, as it's not a high in demand model.  Buy it because you like it.. I'd suggest you assume you will loose 25% after a difficult sell since it's got a somewhat limited market.

Consider the link below, which may even be the same seller that you were looking at based off of the unusual color glove.  The one in that link can be purchased on Chrono 24 for $27000, granted it has a leather band vs gold. 

https://www.chrono24.com/audemarspiguet/royal-oak-chronograph-39mm-rose-gold-26022orood088cr01--id9586124.htm

No box or papers with that watch. And I'll stay away from AP it seems!

Glaude
6 hours ago, RussP said:

:) 

EBB

it's a nice fuck off piece, I say yes!

BenjaminButton

I think it’s a tasteless hunk of gold repulsiveness made more revolting by its obscene price tag. Apart from that I’d say go for it as it’s your money and your taste.

paccbet
2 minutes ago, repmaster1234 said:

Some excellent investment pieces going on the block at Christies right now - 

Rootbeer 1675     5508    Small crown 6536    Big Crown!!    Gilt 6610    6263 Daytona

And many others.

While we are at this: 

A876F3B2-A279-4565-985D-E6EB987A46A2208f

Talk about investment worthy....

repmaster1234
7 minutes ago, paccbet said:

Talk about investment worthy....

I did the math... 42,272% value increase.

paccbet
2 minutes ago, repmaster1234 said:

I did the math... 42373% value increase.

Crazy how the provenance makes it worth that. Could even bag 150k if the condition is mint 

GingerApple

Looks like a Tripdog build to me.

FoxWilde
11 hours ago, RussP said:

NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D ASK

wacth1.jpg
wacth4.jpg
watch2.jpg
watch3.jpg
watch5.jpg

RussP

Sensational!

Even though I'm not a collector of pocket watches, they ooze class.

Thanks for your positive comment.

McGilli
6 hours ago, FoxWilde said:

NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D ASK

OMG any chance to show off!!!

But I'm glad you do cuz I love those.

Xpletiv

^Those are so worth it. Really nice buys there.

And I agree with BB.

CurioLeo

Awesome watch but don't buy it with the expectation that it will be an incredible investment and you will make a heap of money and end up wearing for nothing.  No gold watch is a surefire collectible  investment and if it ends up being one, you won't know for sure for years.

trailboss99
On 06/12/2018 at 08:30, GingerBlubba said:

I love the way we're giving the guy with multiple, solid gold, Gens financial advice...

Quite . . .

I like the all gold APs and while I prefer an uncomplicated one (IMHO think the subdials spoil it) if you like it and can afford it easily enough then by all means go for it. 

wowsasb
On 07/12/2018 at 23:02, CurioLeo said:

Awesome watch but don't buy it with the expectation that it will be an incredible investment and you will make a heap of money and end up wearing for nothing.  No gold watch is a surefire collectible  investment and if it ends up being one, you won't know for sure for years.

True. If you look at the watches selling for crazy money theyre mostly steel ironically. Golde watches seem to drop from their marked up price to the value of the material rather quickly. Then again, the market determines value and perhaps gold will be more valued in the next 10 years, though I don't think that extremely likely....

To prevent the most depreciation, I would buy a gold watch used.