Sign in to follow this  
Balad1

"Das U-Boat in Hawaii"

tsomers
Here's a shot from my rear deck, although you can't see at night, I look out at the island of Lanai on the left, Kaahoolawe & Molokini islands on the left out of frame. Yep, shorts, slippers, T-shirt weather all year.

Sunsetfromdeck.jpg

I love maui, we go there every year.

Balad1
The U-Boat looks great on that nato, very good choice Balad. (Maratac?)

The location is just eye candy and reminds me of my grandpa's saying:

"Die dümmsten Bauern ernten die dicksten Kartoffeln."

Fortune favors fools. :woo:

I bought the rep used with the strap on it so not sure who made it.

stolikat

Balad I will trade you a new Quartz Omega Moonie with a bracelet and nato straight across for that Das-Boot!

Edited by stolikat

Balad1
Balad I will trade you a new Quartz Omega Moonie with a bracelet and nato straight across for that Das-Boot!

That rep doesn't do anything for me, sorry.

powderfreak
b520015603156cb3ba2d4cf5706e_l.jpg

FUCK THAT ! :)

20110505213432.jpg

:couchbeer: Thanks kenny, I was in exaclty the same rage u were talkin' about :woo::thumbsup:

Frankt8242

I don't know about that "no wildlife" crap!!

When I was there in '64 on my way to Nam, I encountered some pretty formidable "beavers" on Hotel St.!!

MikeMcNair

Love this watch, where did you find the 44mm version? I can't do 50.

Love the pix bro!!!!

guami007
Kenny, when I build my new home it will have an extra flat for relatives and friends to make holidays; you will have to plan to come then.

I still have dibs on that little nook under the stairs.

Balad1
I don't know about that "no wildlife" crap!!

When I was there in '64 on my way to Nam, I encountered some pretty formidable "beavers" on Hotel St.!!

Good ole Hotel street, I was stationed at Schofield Barracks many years ago. Hawaii, the only place I was ever stationed that I could lose my months pay in one night.

Something about the combination of pussy and beer...

Balad1
Love this watch, where did you find the 44mm version? I can't do 50.

Love the pix bro!!!!

Bought it used Bro on RWI, last year.

KeNnY
:vomit: Thanks kenny, I was in exaclty the same rage u were talkin' about :woo::D

I am so glad we don't have these type of spiders here !!!!! I would really in big rage when something like this would drop on my head or something !! Jesus ! :baby:

Balad1
:vomit: Thanks kenny, I was in exaclty the same rage u were talkin' about :woo::D

I am so glad we don't have these type of spiders here !!!!! I would really in big rage when something like this would drop on my head or something !! Jesus ! :baby:

Kenny, speaking of your favorites...Spiders

About 3 months ago I was bitten by a brown recluse spider which as you may know is poisonous. It wasn't a big deal but the skin around the bite sloughed off (died), about 40mm in size. It is fully healed now and my hairy arm covered up the scar that is left, lol.

220px-Brown-recluse-coin-edit.jpg

stolikat

That rep doesn't do anything for me, sorry.

Well had to try. I bought the quartz just to try it out and I am not feeling it. Guess she will have to go into the next sales thread..

KeNnY
Kenny, speaking of your favorites...Spiders

About 3 months ago I was bitten by a brown recluse spider which as you may know is poisonous. It wasn't a big deal but the skin around the bite sloughed off (died), about 40mm in size. It is fully healed now and my hairy arm covered up the scar that is left, lol.

220px-Brown-recluse-coin-edit.jpg

damn stupid poisonous spiders ! I ahve saw some document about poisonous spiders-... glad you are ok mate, can you show picture of the scar ?

Jza

Hey Balad1,

I fly into Honolulu in mid October for 4 days. Any tips on where to go?

We don't want it too touristy.

Cheers

Pete

Pete,

Currently living in Honolulu, Born and raised all over but lived here most of my life. I suggest looking to Yelp for reviews/reviewers that sound like they are suitable to your tastes. My second suggestion is to stay away from Waikiki. I understand if you have a hotel there, but it's a tourist trap and the beaches are just jam packed. My longtime GF and I from time to time eat in Waikiki at a FEW restaurants mostly for happy hour. Wolfgang's Steakhouse has a great Happy Hour(or as we locals call it "Pau Hana" which literally means "finished work" "time after work" or "happy hour"i.e. "Where we going for Pau Hana?" I mostly go to(when I go) Wolfgang's happy hour for their dry aged kobe beef sliders. They have other things that are very decent for the price. It get's real pricey there during regular hours. Also, I know it's a mainland staple, but Ruth's Chris has a 3 course menu appetizer, main, and dessert for about $40 for 5-6pm daily. You just can't beat that anwhere, and Ruth's always has great service. Another place for happy hour is Ala Moana Mall is the Mai Tai bar, decent happy hour. I suggest Waimanalo for the beaches, it's a long stretch on the Eastside of Oahu. Stop anywhere from Makapuu Beach(which is a great one, but can get rough) to Kailua town. Defineitly stop at Kailua town and grab lunch, I like to grab a burger at Teddy's. Lanikai is considered one of the nicest beaches. I consider from Makapuu to Kailua town and Northshore the best stretch of sand on Oahu. While you are on the Eastside, I suggest eating dinner at Halweiwa Joe's in Kaneohe, especially if you like Prime Rib, they stop serving once they run out, so best get there when they open, which I believe is 6. The Prime Rib is HUGE and a great price, plus the scenery is very awesome!. It's has the feel of a retreat and a hidden gem. Definetly go to the North Shore, preferably during the weekday, weekends is packed and crowded. There have been a few decent swells already, which is a site to see and feel. You'll know what I mean when you see it. Hopefully there will be waves. I can go on and on. But defineitly Yelp it, and see what the locals like. Hope this helps !

Chavezzito

Hey Balad1,

Cheers

Pete

Pete,

Currently living in Honolulu, Born and raised all over but lived here most of my life. I suggest looking to Yelp for reviews/reviewers that sound like they are suitable to your tastes. My second suggestion is to stay away from Waikiki. I understand if you have a hotel there, but it's a tourist trap and the beaches are just jam packed. My longtime GF and I from time to time eat in Waikiki at a FEW restaurants mostly for happy hour. Wolfgang's Steakhouse has a great Happy Hour(or as we locals call it "Pau Hana" which literally means "finished work" "time after work" or "happy hour"i.e. "Where we going for Pau Hana?" I mostly go to(when I go) Wolfgang's happy hour for their dry aged kobe beef sliders. They have other things that are very decent for the price. It get's real pricey there during regular hours. Also, I know it's a mainland staple, but Ruth's Chris has a 3 course menu appetizer, main, and dessert for about $40 for 5-6pm daily. You just can't beat that anwhere, and Ruth's always has great service. Another place for happy hour is Ala Moana Mall is the Mai Tai bar, decent happy hour. I suggest Waimanalo for the beaches, it's a long stretch on the Eastside of Oahu. Stop anywhere from Makapuu Beach(which is a great one, but can get rough) to Kailua town. Defineitly stop at Kailua town and grab lunch, I like to grab a burger at Teddy's. Lanikai is considered one of the nicest beaches. I consider from Makapuu to Kailua town and Northshore the best stretch of sand on Oahu. While you are on the Eastside, I suggest eating dinner at Halweiwa Joe's in Kaneohe, especially if you like Prime Rib, they stop serving once they run out, so best get there when they open, which I believe is 6. The Prime Rib is HUGE and a great price, plus the scenery is very awesome!. It's has the feel of a retreat and a hidden gem. Definetly go to the North Shore, preferably during the weekday, weekends is packed and crowded. There have been a few decent swells already, which is a site to see and feel. You'll know what I mean when you see it. Hopefully there will be waves. I can go on and on. But defineitly Yelp it, and see what the locals like. Hope this helps !

You do understand that Pete posted this in 2011? :giggle:

rickdangerous

lol!

Jza

I do now. They never said aloha meant smart. LOL. Well, hopefully someone can find some use to the info, because these are pearl dammit, pearls I say. But, boy do I feel dumb. Cheers!!!

Hey Balad1,

Cheers

Pete

Pete,

You do understand that Pete posted this in 2011? :giggle: