gmchris

Aquarius has landed!

gmchris

No, not The Eagle, that was Apollo 11, no this is Aquarius, the Apollo 13 moon landing that had to come home instead and..... Well we all know that story. 

This however is my second Snoopy Speedie, the first was the VK quartz version, a very nice piece with the Snoopy crystal caseback. But at 44mm was just a little bit big for me. So this is the 42mm miyota quartz, as I don't like the subdial arrangement on the st19 and it's too expensive anyway. 

Just a quick couple of pics for now

DSC-0236.jpg

DSC-0224.jpg

paccbet

Nice mate, got the same exact one. Couldn’t be happier.

Genius

Any chance of a lume shot thats quite tempting and im usually a massive quartz hater

gmchris
15 minutes ago, Genius said:

Any chance of a lume shot thats quite tempting and im usually a massive quartz hater

I could but you will be disappointed mate. Only the main hands are lumed. The snoopy and markers are not lumed like the other version. The markers have polished base 'steps' instead of lumed and I was gonna hate them, but on the wrist they are OK actually. For me this is more about having a snoopy I will actually wear cos it's the same size as gen. 

Genius

I get ya! I'd rather it look right 90% of the time (that means get the f*  subdial spacing right) than have minute details

gmchris
20 minutes ago, Genius said:

I get ya! I'd rather it look right 90% of the time (that means get the f*  subdial spacing right) than have minute details

At the moment I think this is closest (and cheapest). Here it is next to the 44. I need to do a proper comparison on these at the weekend 

DSC-0230.jpgscreen capture tool

Prharleys

Beautiful piece, I didn’t know they were still repping this one. My friend has been looking for one for a while. Do you know if all td’s can procure them or is it someone specific? Please let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luxuracer

Mine says hello;

IMG-20180322-144025.jpg

Mystery Shopper

No doubt Omega will put out a 50 year anniversay moon landing speedy next year.

deju

I think there are two quartz versions noted by the dials. Some have thought bubbles towards snoopy some don’t. 

I agree the size and domed crystal on this make it the winner imho. 

gmchris
On 07/12/2018 at 03:03, Prharleys said:

Beautiful piece, I didn’t know they were still repping this one. My friend has been looking for one for a while. Do you know if all td’s can procure them or is it someone specific? Please let me know.

Don't know, this is from dhgate, the sellers store shut down just after I bought it, luckily it was already shipped. I'm guessing a td can get anything, that's why they are trusted. 

Prharleys

Thanks for the reply, I will try my luck et the gate!