Kyz

Hello

Kyz

Hello, my name is Kyz and I’m a watchaholic. I just made my first rep acquisition so I should introduce myself, because after the buy there will inevitably come time to trade or sell. FWIW here is my SOTC for 2018, my first year as an enthusiast, influenced by many hours of YouTube. After starting with quartz homages I’ve been trying to focus my collection by buying a smaller watch box, trading up to nicer pieces and rotating them a week at a time. 

l8fhp.jpg

The G-Shock, SARB033 and Explorer have been widely covered, the Tisell and Trident received multiple reviews a year or two ago, the Cartier homage (Seiko SUP880) was a Jory Goodman recommendation, and the Trident Classic LE was my own mistake  I credit Jay of JustBlueFish of all people with his Noob review for persuading me to research NWBIG. My first impressions of the latest ARF 214270 are positive so I expect I’ll trade the Tisell (Bluesy? YM?) and SUP880 (Santos 100?) next year.

Many YouTube enthusiasts here or is it all more old school?

Edited by Glaude
Fixed the link

Glaude

Hi and welcome ! 

I fixed the link in your post, to make the picture appear, you should use the direct link on Picr, the one ending with .jpg :) 

I'll speak for myself, but I don't find a lot of enjoyable rep content on Youtube. As for gen watches, apart from Watchbox reviews that I only check to see how the watch look, I'm not big on Youtube for watches reviews

Luxuracer

Hi Kyz ... my name is the Fu'King Luxu and I’m also a watchaholic.

Welcome to RWG ... and the repworld.
You need at least a 24-slot watch box .... or maybe two.

dph.gif

EBB

welcome Kyz . :)

Thommo82
44 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Hi Kyz ... my name is the Fu'King Luxu and I’m an alcoholic.

Fixed

Welcome to the forum mate 

You’re gonna need a bigger watch box, guaranteed. 

Once you have been here a while and get your post count up the Member sales (M2M) section will appear for buying and selling used watches.

I myself would be quite interested in that Tissel diver, which is a Smurf homage btw, not bluesy

paccbet

Great intro and collection Kyz!

Thommo82

Oh I forgot 

Kyz

Tim Mosso cranks out those Watchbox reviews like the pro that he is. The founder of Watchbox is here in Miami.  I downsized from 12 slots to 6, let's see how long that lasts!

Yes, I'm hoping ARF will add a 19LB/SH3135 but the Tisell oddly has a dark blue sunburst dial rather than the flat blue of the smurf.  I'd sell for ~$230 but I don't know it makes sense to ship to AU.

Thanks for the greetings guys!

Thommo82
34 minutes ago, Kyz said:

the Tisell oddly has a dark blue sunburst dial rather than the flat blue of the smurf.  I'd sell for ~$230 but I don't know it makes sense to ship to AU.

Thanks for the greetings guys!

Still more smurf than bluesy. Bluesy has the two tone 

4-FE816-A7-BCD8-4007-B0-E6-4-B6-BCB82127

See what my funds are like if you decide to sell. 

dingle

Greetings :)

Kyz

Still more smurf than bluesy. Bluesy has the two tone 

Yes.  In fact my first request to Francis was the Noob 19LB from last year, but when he didn't come back with availability right away I let slip the just released ARF 214270 was my next choice.  I since contacted BK and he says he can still source them but I worry in the six weeks he takes ARF might announce an SH3135 and I'd be bummed.  Am I right no-one knows what's in the pipeline until a prototype turns up somewhere like Puretime?

Glaude
11 hours ago, Kyz said:

I'd sell for ~$230 but I don't know it makes sense to ship to AU.

Careful with those types of post, it could be seen as a disguised attempt to make a backdoor sell.
I'm not worried about it since Thommo is not like that, but we don't know you yet, and you stated in your introduction post that you were also here to sell and buy ;) 

Just a word of advice since you are new :) 

Kyz
10 hours ago, Glaude said:

Careful with those types of post

Noted.  Thanks.