BabySeiya

DATEJUST FIRST PURCHASE HELP

BabySeiya

ive been reading, and ive decided i want a  silver/ white or silver/silver Datejust,  but i need a little confirmation on my decision from people who actually know about reps. i found trusty time store, emailed him and he just adviced to get an ARF 36mm 904L  3135 asia clone movement. ive been reading 3135 its hard to repair if something ever messes up, and expensive and that 2824 its  cheaper to repair. my question is what Datejust do you guys recommend i want it to look as Gen as possible from the outside, and phisically, no one will be opening the watch unless it messes up. but does the new 904L 3135 look more like the Gen? also should i just buy it from the website trustytime.biz? i saw puretime has the same model for the same price, but who would you recommend more? i know websites get taken down randomly and im a little afraid to put my order spend 400-500 usd and then i dont receive anything because website closed down, etc. Thanks and sorry to ask all this, its just my first time and even after researching i didnt get my answeres exactly answered.

FoxWilde

There’s pretty much no external tell tale between a3135 and a2824 movements. Both are nice. SH3135 is a better clone to the Rolex 3135 than the SA3135, if that makes sense. SH3135 can take more gen parts and is more reliable. However, there is pretty much no downside to the ETA clones besides they don’t look like gen movements. Personally, I’d go with A2824. 

Mali’s, websites close down all the time. The dealers don’t. They’ll still get you your watch

Fox

Edited by FoxWilde

Dr_Rolex

Ahhh I remember when I was a virgin 

if a website gets “taken down” the TD will almost immediately update the forum of the new domain and your business transaction will resume with almost no delay. 

The movement is a very important decision and I would recommend the colone clone A2824 because honestly those things are like Honda civics, they are everywhere and readily available which makes them easy to source parts an not that expensive. 

This while game depends almost entirely on trust, read reviews and other topics from the forum and you’ll be just fine. Lots of people including myself prefer using trusty time because of the simplicity of his site. 

Anyways welcome to the addiction 

BabySeiya
Just now, FoxWilde said:

There’s pretty much no external tell tale between a3135 and a2824 movements. Both are nice. SH3135 is a better clone to the Rolex 3135 than the SA3135, if that makes sense. SH3135 can take more gen parts and is more reliable. However, there is pretty much no downside to the ETA clones besides they don’t look like gen movements. Personally, I’d go with A2824. 

Mali’s, websites close down all the time. The dealers don’t. They’ll still get you your watch

Fox

thanks for that information, i will be going with an A2428 since ive read its easier to repair and you just confirmed that is the go to you prefer. now ill wait for a response on the 904L or the other questions i have to make my purchase.

when you say if i order from a dealer he will send it regardless, would buying from that website from trusty be the same as ordering from a dealer? since he is a dealer here?, sorry if its a noob comment but i am a noob lol

GingerApple

Don't equate a shiny, functional website with being a good TD. Read the reviews, find the TD you think is best, and use them. None of the TDs will steal from you.

Buglicker

Sir, brace yourself,  you’re about to get fisted :)

But, while you’re laughing at the responses to your question, you should order the ARF 36mm 904L. I guarantee that it will blow your mind..

BabySeiya
Just now, GingerBlubba said:

Don't equate a shiny, functional website with being a good TD. Read the reviews, find the TD you think is best, and use them. None of the TDs will steal from you.

thanks for the advice, i read very good reviews here about TRUSTY TIME, i will be using him, since his website is even linked to this website and other forums.

BabySeiya
Just now, Buglicker said:

Sir, brace yourself,  you’re about to get fisted :)

But, while you’re laughing at the responses to your question, you should order the ARF 36mm 904L. I guarantee that it will blow your mind..

i only see 904L ARF 36mm with the 3135 movement, will a dealer be able to sell me a different movement like a2428 , or i should just go with that 3135 and cross fingers it doesnt mess up? lol

Edited by BabySeiya

Tatum1
2 hours ago, BabySeiya said:

ive been reading, and ive decided i want a  silver/ white or silver/silver Datejust,  but i need a little confirmation on my decision from people who actually know about reps. i found trusty time store, emailed him and he just adviced to get an ARF 36mm 904L  3135 asia clone movement. ive been reading 3135 its hard to repair if something ever messes up, and expensive and that 2824 its  cheaper to repair. my question is what Datejust do you guys recommend i want it to look as Gen as possible from the outside, and phisically, no one will be opening the watch unless it messes up. but does the new 904L 3135 look more like the Gen? also should i just buy it from the website trustytime.biz? i saw puretime has the same model for the same price, but who would you recommend more? i know websites get taken down randomly and im a little afraid to put my order spend 400-500 usd and then i dont receive anything because website closed down, etc. Thanks and sorry to ask all this, its just my first time and even after researching i didnt get my answeres exactly answered.

Hi, I have just sort of completed a DateJust build. I have decided to make my own for some strange reason but its looking good.

I decided to purchase a Gen ETA 2824-2 from Switzerland and she runs smooth.

I sourced the case, dial etc from a dealer in China. The watch needs a few tweaks though!

You will see what I mean. Its on an old flip lock bracelet atm.  I do have a picture with it on a leather strap also. 

I will post a more in-depth review of my fumbled build (Noob) soon.

This is my first go at uploading images, so I apologise in advance.

Hope this helps? 

And the DateJust is a handsome watch without a doubt. 

Tate 

Edited by Tatum1
Did not add image

Tatum1

DJ-SS-Bracelet.jpg 

FoxWilde
2 hours ago, BabySeiya said:

thanks for that information, i will be going with an A2428 since ive read its easier to repair and you just confirmed that is the go to you prefer. now ill wait for a response on the 904L or the other questions i have to make my purchase.

when you say if i order from a dealer he will send it regardless, would buying from that website from trusty be the same as ordering from a dealer? since he is a dealer here?, sorry if its a noob comment but i am a noob lol

IMO 904L is a waste of money. Don't see a visual difference but it's a step closer to gen.

Anyways some TDs have websites, some don't. I've bought from Trusty. He's been through at least 3 or 4 websites in the past 2 years. It's common. I've bought from MarvellousRep and that was all through email. They're both fantastic by the way. Buy from a TD you will get a watch. No matter the website issue. Make sure its a TD, there are fake TrustyTime websites out there. 

TD is Trusted Dealer by the way. Meaning we've approved they're not scams. 

McGilli
3 hours ago, BabySeiya said:

or i should just go with that 3135 and cross fingers it doesnt mess up? lol

Ultimately - only YOU can decide that. Do what you feel you are comfortable with.

be negative - WHAT IF IT DOES break? what will you do? Are you comfortable with the loss? Or all the hassle of trying to get a new movement? What if you need to ship it back to China, then wait for it to get fixed, and then wait for it to be shipped back? could be months and months without it.... Up to you.

Good luck regardless.

Just make sure you use the Trusty web address linked on the RWG site - that's always the most current. Same with Andrew's email address. 

BabySeiya

i went ahead and purchased from trustytime.club which is andrew's new website, got the ARF 904L as Andrew said its the best and closest to GEN, i had to pay through another link, and it wasnt too bad, only 35 shipping plus the 418 for it. he sent me some pics, and it looks good!, is there a way to make sure its the 904L version when it arrives? i just dont want to get given a lower quality as i see the same watch for cheaper with another materials. could posting pics here help when i receive it? has anyone ordered datejust 904L ARF? thanks

FoxWilde
1 hour ago, BabySeiya said:

is there a way to make sure its the 904L version when it arrives? i just dont want to get given a lower quality as i see the same watch for cheaper with another materials. could posting pics here help when i receive it? has anyone ordered datejust 904L ARF? thanks

Nope. Not really any visual tell. Which is a reason I just buy 316L steel reps. Look pretty much the same. Feel pretty much the same as well. 

They will get you the 904L version because that's what you've ordered. I've bought from Andrew and like all other TDs, they're known to not rip us off. You can donate a part of your watch to have it melted and learn the material's composition, if you dare :D 

Congratulations on your purchase

CurioLeo

Here is a summary of buying reps. Sometimes  very rarely,  shit happens.  Suck it up, you are buying counterfeit goods (yes, that's what a high end replica is).  Most of the time, all will go well.  TDs won't deliberately rip you off, that's why they are TDs.  But they are also human and may fuck up.  If they do, they will try to fix it. 

Now, enjoy your best available Datejust replica and just be prepared to get something else when the thrill wears off. 

ROXOLO

Hi,

this is my first post on this website, so nice to meet you guys!

I bought my first rep from Andrew a couple of weeks ago (the watch was meant to be a Christmas present but is still in transit -my fault, I decided a bit late). The watch is a gorgeous ARF Milgauss 904L with 2836 movement. I must say so far the experience with Trusty was nice and Smooth except when I inquired about the amplitude of the movement seeming to be on the low side (QC pics); Andrew replied "amplitude is controlled by the winding of the watch" wich  seemed to imply my watch wasn't fully winded when they took the QC pics. Is it true? I don't know. But anyways I decided to accept the watch as it looks fantastic and it's not going to be a daily wearer; if things go south with the movement I'll just locate a new movement to replace it - possibly a gen ETA if funds allow.

i also bought, separately, a genuine Rolex box - to add momentum to the gift (the person knows my income and will know it's a fake, I don't make a secret out of it - but a nice box just adds to the watch :-) )

all that to say, I bought the milgauss as a present and it's my first rep purchase, but I'm probably going to order something for myself sooner or later, and I'm really curious to see pictures of the OP's ARF datejust, as it might be one of my options (but rather in 39 or 41mm).

Cheers! 

Pekeano

All of these info & research is very informative and trying to soak it all up. Making notes as I go along.

Checking gen websites and comparing with TD's - finding the closest rep.  In the end when I get my

first rep, hope to enjoy it.