Chez

My first Rep!

Chez

https://postimg.cc/gallery/128kh5jri/

I've just received my first ever rep. It's a submariner from Narikaa or "Regmariner" and I have to say it's a quality item for the £125 I paid for it. It looks and feels like the real deal and I've been complimented on it constantly since I started wearing it a couple of days ago. From the first email I sent to Reg enquiring about stock availability to having the watch on my wrist took 8 days which is impressive to say the least (Thailand to Belfast) I've tried to attach some pictures via the attached link (I'm a technophobe) so hopefully you can see them.

The watch loses approx 5 mins in 24 hrs. Is this to be expected from a rep in this price range or should I contact the TD? (Reg) I'm not that bothered tbh

Edited by Chez

chrisscarrr

Nobo usuario también, pero creo que 5 minutos es suficiente tiempo para pensar que va mal

BadPickle

Nice watch, :thumbsup2:

IMG-20181208-100531.jpg

Glaude

Hi and welcome ! 

5min per day is a bit much, could use a little regulating job ;) 

RX951

Very nice watch. I've had a few Regmariners and they have all been great watches. Nice bang for the buck

blueoysterboy

At some point in my life I will pull the trigger on a Regmariner

Kyz

At -300spd I would have a cow. Just goes to show the diversity of this community. Can't comment on the price point, but welcome.

stfrance
6 hours ago, Chez said:

I've just received my first ever rep. It's a submariner from Narikaa or "Regmariner"

A smart and good start of this hobby.. :Applause:

I bet you want to go deeper and deeper..:coke:

GingerApple

Google 'how to regulate a watch' or similar and find videos online. It's easy to get the watch to within a few seconds per day. That's miles out!!!! I've never had a watch run that badly. 

Glaude
1 minute ago, GingerBlubba said:

Google 'how to regulate a watch' or similar and find videos online. It's easy to get the watch to within a few seconds per day. That's miles out!!!! I've never had a watch run that badly. 

Not even the Hulk ?

ape

I made a similar post 2 months ago. God help you, all I do is look at this forum and TD sites. This is a great forum and a lot of fun. Reps aren’t perfect, I’m sure you can get the accuracy dialed in with a bit of work. Welcome to the monkey house! :couchbeer:

ape
22 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

I thought it was well within COSC (Cranky Ole Scottsman Certification) ! @GingerBlubba

GingerApple

Lol. I'm feeling quite cocky in regulating terms at the minute. My ARF Explorer was running about 45 seconds fast per day. As I haven't got a timegrapher, I had to just tweak the regulator arm thingy everyday until I got it right. It took me about 8 days of frequent tweaking, but now it's running pretty much bang on. +/- about half a sec a day I think. BOOM!

FoxWilde

I prefer my watches under +/-10 sec a day but whatever floats your boat mate

Fox

McGilli
2 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

Lol. I'm feeling quite cocky in regulating terms at the minute. My ARF Explorer was running about 45 seconds fast per day. As I haven't got a timegrapher, I had to just tweak the regulator arm thingy everyday until I got it right. It took me about 8 days of frequent tweaking, but now it's running pretty much bang on. +/- about half a sec a day I think. BOOM!

@GingerBlubba is  COSC. That should be in your profile. I mean - who wouldn't like to impress the ladies by declaring that you have the COSC all other men only wish they had.

Luxuracer
8 hours ago, Chez said:

The watch loses approx 5 mins in 24 hrs. Is this to be expected from a rep in this price range or should I contact the TD? (Reg) I'm not that bothered tbh

Congrats on your first rep.

Losing 5min per day is TOO much.
First you should fully wind the watch (about 35 turn of the crown). Wear it a couple more days. If it is still run slow, then you need to regulate it.

Glaude
1 hour ago, GingerBlubba said:

Simple but effective way to regulate your watch in regards to your real world usage of it ! Nice job !

1 hour ago, McGilli said:

@GingerBlubba is  COSC. That should be in your profile. I mean - who wouldn't like to impress the ladies by declaring that you have the COSC all other men only wish they had.

:lmao: 

HorFan

Open the back of your watch and look for the red jewel with the wheel spinning underneath it, there are two levers sticking out of the collar around the jewel. Leave the outside one alone, move the inside one precisely .0001 micron towards the center of the movement - Fixed!

FoxWilde
5 minutes ago, HorFan said:

.0001 micron

whoa that's way too much! .0001 microns are you mad???

at least .000000001 microns will do.

HorFan
whoa that's way too much! .0001 microns are you mad???
at least .000000001 microns will do.

Call me crazy, I have a tendency to over do things!

GingerApple
3 hours ago, McGilli said:

2 hours ago, Glaude said:

:lmao: 

Glaude, don't encourage him!

Chez

Thanks for all the feedback chaps. I've got an old ball pein hammer and a couple of my grandads Whitworth spanners in the shed so I'll give this regulating thingy a bash........

CanRep

How did the regulation go? I've got a spectre that is 35 sec or so off and I was thinking of self regulating myself. Curious how another newbie faired! 

Spudgun

Welcome ..... Nice watch for your first rep and nice price:archaeology: