ClearSea

First 42mm Superocean

ClearSea

I am looking into buying my first Breitling (have a few Omega and one Rolex 1675 Rep) My biggest watch at the moment is a Planet Ocean Chrono (44mm) on a 6,7 inch wrist, so the 44mm SuperOcean should fit I guess, but I like the 42 Abyss version a bit better (price is almost the same). I came across different color variations, but the ones down here appeal to me the most, They both are however being advertised as black, obviously there is a difference, anyone here has one of these? Looks like the first one is a bit more cream coloured numbers and the second one has a blue plate. Could that also be because of AR coating? I would like that confirmed before ordering. Furthermore anyone here having the same wrist size can confirm that the 44mm is ok on the wrist?  I might be tempted to buy both the 42 Abyss and the 44 :P. The PO is really huge mainly because of the Valjoux movement that is a whopping 19 mm thick.

Looking forward reading your insights!

8YJUe.jpg

8YyYK.jpg

NFleischer

The SuperOcean is a nice solid rep, wears small IMO.

Munster87

I have this Super Ocean Abyss with the yellow rehaut. I might be mistaken but I believe this watch to be 42mm and I find it a superb daily beater.

BadPickle

The second one is by noob factory, it’s not available anymore so you won’t be buying that pal :D 

The first is ZF factory, looks like a pretty decent rep to me, discounted too, i was toying with the notion of getting the red version in the new year. 

ClearSea
1 minute ago, pickledbeetroot said:

The second one is by noob factory, it’s not available anymore so you won’t be buying that pal :D 

The first is ZF factory, looks like a pretty decent rep to me, discounted too, i was toying with the notion of getting the red version in the new year. 

Hahaha yeah it's momentarily sold out, I hope/think it will be in stock after Christmas, will be worth the wait. I saw that the NOOB version of the 44mm is on sale now so might go for that one. When the 42mm Abyss is back is in stock  I will get that one as well :D. I am surprised how cheap the Breitling is compared to lets say the Rolex reps. Thanks for pointing out the differences.

23 minutes ago, Munster87 said:

I have this Super Ocean Abyss with the yellow rehaut. I might be mistaken but I believe this watch to be 42mm and I find it a superb daily beater.

Yeah this one is 42 mm indeed, I am trying to figure out if I like the big numbers in favour of the smaller ones on the 44mm version of the Superocean

31 minutes ago, NFleischer said:

The SuperOcean is a nice solid rep, wears small IMO.

Thanks, what factory is yours? Been reading about is and almost all owners and reviews consider it a SuperRep.

BadPickle
54 minutes ago, ClearSea said:

Hahaha yeah it's momentarily sold out, I hope/think it will be in stock after Christmas, will be worth the wait. I saw that the NOOB version of the 44mm is on sale now so might go for that one. When the 42mm Abyss is back is in stock  I will get that one as well :D. I am surprised how cheap the Breitling is compared to lets say the Rolex reps. Thanks for pointing out the differences.

Not momentarily... The noob 42mm abyss has been out of stock for quite sometime now, experience tells me that they won’t make another run, so m2m is probably your only way of getting a noob, or just get a ZF 

Have you considered the noob 44mm superocean ii also discounted.

https://puretime.io/superocean-ii-44mm-1-1-noob-best-edition-black-dial-on-black-rubber-strap-a2824.html

blueoysterboy

Good reps available for the entire Breitling superocean line.  Never liked the bezel font used on tat particular model, prefer the 44 mm that PBR suggests

ClearSea
2 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Not momentarily... The noob 42mm abyss has been out of stock for quite sometime now, experience tells me that they won’t make another run, so m2m is probably your only way of getting a noob, or just get a ZF 

Have you considered the noob 44mm superocean ii also discounted.

https://puretime.io/superocean-ii-44mm-1-1-noob-best-edition-black-dial-on-black-rubber-strap-a2824.html

In fact I just ordered it, from another TD because PT doesn't allow bank transfer. I think it will fit slightly smaller then my Planet Ocean, so that's good.

BadPickle
16 minutes ago, ClearSea said:

In fact I just ordered it, from another TD because PT doesn't allow bank transfer. I think it will fit slightly smaller then my Planet Ocean, so that's good.

Good stuff :thumbsup2: 

pics when it comes 

NFleischer
8 hours ago, ClearSea said:

Yeah this one is 42 mm indeed, I am trying to figure out if I like the big numbers in favour of the smaller ones on the 44mm version of the Superocean

Thanks, what factory is yours? Been reading about is and almost all owners and reviews consider it a SuperRep.

I think mine is Noob, had it for a while.

CurioLeo

A GF factory Abyss for sale M2M right now.  Would be a good choice.

DixieDynamite
41 minutes ago, KarmaToBurn said:

$40 less from Mary at the moment :throwingmoney:

How do these compare to the ones put out by GF? After reading a lot of reviews, I came away thinking GF was setting the new standard by which all Super Oceans are judged, and of course they're closed down now. So I thought my Breitling dreams were just that . . . dreams. Sad dreams with sad tears. Real tears. Not rep tears.

Edited by DixieDynamite