gmchris

Dhgate delay scam

Redemskis

I've had this twice now and it's only occurred to me that the watches were cheaper than the ones of the same quality and both times they were sent to a random person in the UK, I assumed that this particular seller probably send out so many watches I got given a wrong tracking number so I raised disputes on both and got refunded on both luckily

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

rek001

Hmmm, I ordered a quartz Nautilus chrono from DhGate about 3 weeks ago, when I check status it says in upper right corner "item has been received" but when I check the tracking the last entry shows it has cleared Chicago ISPS (which is the post office?) and is now awaiting Customs clearance I believe?

Redemskis

Use the tracking number to track it via your country's courier that will be more precise than what thr Dhgate tracking information will give you

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

dwight007

not a good site for dispute resolution

Edited by dwight007
deletion

BadPickle
2 hours ago, dwight007 said:

not a good site for dispute resolution

it is if you use the information in this thread. 

FunnyStarSystem

Hitting that dispute button before they have a chance to extend the tracking seems to be key. I have one now and I've gathered all the screenshots and am ready for the 15th when I get the chance. Granted it's only $20, but the seller doesn't even have a page anymore (when you click on his ID it goes to "content not available" and yet DHGate is still making me wait until the delivery estimate, which is a good two months from when I ordered. I feel like if they remove their seller page and now you have no way to contact them, Da Gate needs to give an easy refund. But nope. They're kinda in on it too since they make money.

BravoDelta
16 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

They're kinda in on it too since they make money.

Their in cahoots! Even tho I've never been burned, only spend what your willing to lose on da gate. :)

• Like 2

k3l3k

There is another UK version of the scam where parcel is addressed to an incorrect address in UK and  it is left hanging for "re delivery or collection".

DHgate presses you  to go and collect it except it is a 4 hour journey from one corner of the country to the other. Royal mail refuses to give it to you because it is in your name but incorrect address.

DHgate closes the case in sellers favor and releases the funds to him as DHGate support cannot distinguish the north or south of a country based on the tracking. 

Almost got caught in this one. Luckily I had taken a screenshot of the incorrect delivery postcode, based on the submission of which I got my refund.

(Delivery post code is visible only for a couple of days after attempted delivery).

BadApple

Gate is firmly closed for me. Too many idiots on there who are less than genuine and GH Gate themselves are ignorant and useless and usually come down on the side of the seller. 

I have one at the moment - a 4PX shipment made early May - in reality 4PX takes 10 days to get delivered to UK from China. 

This is says collected and weighed on 18th May but no movement.

Seller says it's shipped but has extended delivery time to 23rd August. DH Gate mediation says it's OK and shipping is valid - despite the link to 17Track they sent me says otherwise!!

No refund until 23rd August if delivery not made is the best they can come up with. Unsure how seller is gaining from this.

k3l3k
6 minutes ago, BadApple said:

Gate is firmly closed for me. 

Yes, no more DHgate  for me.  Never had issues with Aliexpress.  May be it  just a matter of time.

BadApple
13 minutes ago, k3l3k said:

Yes, no more DHgate  for me.  Never had issues with Aliexpress.  May be it  just a matter of time.

Ali is still very good - had one minor issue but got a full refund

tribefan
36 minutes ago, BadApple said:

Gate is firmly closed for me. Too many idiots on there who are less than genuine and GH Gate themselves are ignorant and useless and usually come down on the side of the seller. 

I have one at the moment - a 4PX shipment made early May - in reality 4PX takes 10 days to get delivered to UK from China. 

This is says collected and weighed on 18th May but no movement.

Seller says it's shipped but has extended delivery time to 23rd August. DH Gate mediation says it's OK and shipping is valid - despite the link to 17Track they sent me says otherwise!!

No refund until 23rd August if delivery not made is the best they can come up with. Unsure how seller is gaining from this.

Same story, same date. Last update was April 13th. Tried to get customer service and gave up when I went from 24th in Queue to 30th. WTF?

BravoDelta

My March 5th DHGate order just shook loose in Los Angeles  a few days ago. Now it's up to the USPS. Shipping time...just over 4 months...so far. 

Miuterfat

It can happen unfortunately. I got the same issue with a Boss watch that got sent to Brazil when I leave in Georgia. This kind of transactions luckily are dealt with by my credit card holder without any issues whatsoever. It's just annoying having to claim my money and all this nonsense as it's a waste of time and I'm not very patient talking to customer care people. This is why I have started using http://wpaudioplayer.com/ as it's the best way to quickly configure if a site is legit. So at least the transactions that I can filter are easy to avoid.

Edited by Miuterfat

SCShrek

Necro-thread here...

but I had to get refunded after I bought w watch and 2 weeks later, there was no tracking. I emailed the seller. Next day there was a tracking number. No movement for two more weeks. Messaged the seller again and he says it's on it way. Two more weeks and no movement. One more message with a request that he give the tracking he's looking at and the site he's looking on. The seller responds that its slow shipping, give it time. Didnt entertain my request for where he was getting his tracking. I really started looking and he had given ne a number ending in NL (Netherlands) supposedly shipped out of China through TNT Post. Filed and received a refund.

Now the seller never ignored my messages but clearly gave me a false tracking number as just for shits and giggles, I keep and track it every so often. It's still a good number with no tracking after about 4 months now. Buy to what end? I am assuming this is less of a scam and the seller was trying to but time as he wasnt able to get his hands on the watch I ordered...who knows, but I've never had trouble getting refunds back from DH or Ali.

Theduke.williams

1/ Never spend on DHGate an ammount that you're not prepared to write off. You may get a bargain, you may get a shitter or you may get nothing at all!

2/ The moment you see the DHGate tracking state your item has been delivered (irrespective of any other tracking method), contact the seller and state the item hasn't been received, where is it?

This happened for a cheap quartz Richard Mille that I had a punt on (£15 or thereabouts). Sent a message to seller stating I hadn't received it, didn't get a reply, but next day got a different tracking number.

This tracking number seemed to be more accurate, at least I was able to track the journey, and 3 weeks later my watch turned up! It was exactly what I paid for, a £15 quartz watch.

Glaude
2 hours ago, SCShrek said:

Buy to what end? I am assuming this is less of a scam and the seller was trying to but time as he wasnt able to get his hands on the watch I ordered...who knows, but I've never had trouble getting refunds back from DH or Ali.

Apparently a lot of people order stuff on DHGate and "forget" about them in some way, assuming it's lost and there's nothing possible to do, they did not make the whole dispute process clear as day for Internet novice buyers, I would guess they count on those type of people

BravoDelta
1 hour ago, sokre said:

I bought there about 200 watches

:ttiwwop: