gmchris

Dhgate delay scam

gmchris

We all know that you use the gate at your own risk, but having recently been victim of an attempted scam I thought I'd share this. 

Basically, you spot a watch you fancy, normally a bit cheaper than the other sellers on there are selling it (if it's too good to be true then there's a reason right?) but you think it's worth the gamble. Well like the sucker I am, I saw a nice omega, cheap and ordered it. A few days later I get the tracking details thru, a fortnight later it lands in the UK, only to be told by tracking that it's delivered to a different address. 

So here's the rub. You message the seller--no reply, you message dhgate, they reply and say they've also messaged the seller for you. You think "screw this" so you try to issue a dispute, but guess what, the seller has now changed the estimated delivery date to 3 weeks later so the dhgate system won't let you escalate to a dispute. 

So third time in, after a 2nd date change, I waited until 1min past midnight (Chinese time) after the delivery date and issued the dispute before the dealer had woke up and reset the delivery date again. Dhgate upheld it when he failed to reply and reimbursed my card within a few days, but if I hadn't broken the cycle the cash would automatically be his after 90 days. Crafty eh. I was lucky, I was only outa pocket for nearly 10 weeks. 

Obviously his store has no feedback and disappears, but I've noticed a few cheap sellers with plenty of sales but no feedback and assume they are pulling the same trick. 

Beware chaps. 

Glaude

That's why you subscribe to the VIP section ;) 

This is a known scam "fake address". Been facing it a couple of times

DHGate will always refund you if you use the correct procedure

The main thing is to : never confirm having received the package in order to be able to open the dispute and send a message to seller, random, without insistence asking him "where is my package ?" then after 24h you contact DHGate via their live support chat, they will open the dispute for you and will refund you after you simply provide a screenshot of the tracking status

DHGate is a dangerous game :D 

cvp3

Yup. Just had a first myself. I was delivered an empty box that was supposed to be $530 worth of watches. Also had a seller refuse to ship another order for $192. Both were credited through the DHGate process with heavy documentation on my part as well as filing a claim with my CC company. No way I was risking $700+.

RussP

Happened to me too, but for some watch buckles.

Eventually lodged a successful claim via my credit card provider as DHG were being stifled by the ever-changing delivery date saga.

I don't use the Gate any more.

lrnz
On 09/12/2018 at 18:41, Glaude said:

The main thing is to : never confirm having received the package in order to be able to open the dispute and send a message to seller, random, without insistence asking him "where is my package ?" then after 24h you contact DHGate via their live support chat, they will open the dispute for you and will refund you after you simply provide a screenshot of the tracking status

Did you mean that I should never send a message to the seller asking where's the package?

I have a package whose tracking number hasn't updated for 30days. 

Glaude
34 minutes ago, lrnz said:

Did you mean that I should never send a message to the seller asking where's the package?

I have a package whose tracking number hasn't updated for 30days. 

Quite the contrary, you should send the most unsupsicous message to the seller, asking " I didn't get my package, where it is ? " They won't usually respond, then you contact DHGate.
If you don't contact the seller before contacting DHGate, they won't help you

lrnz
8 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Quite the contrary, you should send the most unsupsicous message to the seller, asking " I didn't get my package, where it is ? " They won't usually respond, then you contact DHGate.
If you don't contact the seller before contacting DHGate, they won't help you

Thank you, I didn’t understand well the first post so I wanted to double check as it seemed quite strange. 

I’ll do as you recommend, 

take care

Edited by lrnz

Glaude
5 minutes ago, lrnz said:

Thank you, I didn’t understand well the first post so I wanted to double check as it seemed quite strange. 

I’ll do as you recommend, 

take care

My method is only to be applied to the "wrong address" scam, which will show a package delivered, but not to you.
Otherwise, you have to wait until the delivery date is expired in your order status page

Lagger
23 hours ago, cvp3 said:

Yup. Just had a first myself. I was delivered an empty box that was supposed to be $530 worth of watches. Also had a seller refuse to ship another order for $192. Both were credited through the DHGate process with heavy documentation on my part as well as filing a claim with my CC company. No way I was risking $700+.

Fuck me that's an awful lot of tutt watches :-)

McGilli
On 09/12/2018 at 09:41, Glaude said:

That's why you subscribe to the VIP section ;) 

This is a known scam "fake address". Been facing it a couple of times

@gmchris A bunch of us went through this some time ago in the VIP section. Using Glaude's exact instructions in that thread I was able to get refunded all of my money.

I see how the seller could make money - i just want to know who is accepting all the delivered mail around the world since these sellers seem to have delivery addresses in every country!

Hope you get your refund.

Glaude
1 minute ago, McGilli said:

@gmchris A bunch of us went through this some time ago in the VIP section. Using Glaude's exact instructions in that thread I was able to get refunded all of my money.

I see how the seller could make money - i just want to know who is accepting all the delivered mail around the world since these sellers seem to have delivery addresses in every country!

Hope you get your refund.

My guess is they find random PO boxes address and send them empty letters

brang1

fuck me! scams on DaGate...who would have thought 

Glaude
46 minutes ago, brang1 said:

fuck me! scams on DaGate...who would have thought 

I know right ! 

trailboss99
On 11/12/2018 at 07:45, Glaude said:

My guess is they find random PO boxes address and send them empty letters

This would be it, I can remember a couple of years ago someone getting an empty parcel from China when they hadn't ordered anything. No one here could work out why but this would explain it nicely. 

Glaude
28 minutes ago, trailboss99 said:

This would be it, I can remember a couple of years ago someone getting an empty parcel from China when they hadn't ordered anything. No one here could work out why but this would explain it nicely. 

I think this works because most of the DHGate shopper that will fall for the trick, will either confirm the reception of the package, thus releasing the payment to the seller or will not confirm anything and the result is the same as they can't open a dispute without going into the chat

McGilli
1 hour ago, trailboss99 said:

I remember talking with @Glaude about this when we went through this a few months ago. Cuz, they pay for tracking on all the packages/letters they are sending - so I couldn't figure out how they make any money (especially on $5 items being ordered)

But - I'm basing that off of Canada where to get anything tracked internationally is HUGEly expensive - you'd lose money hand over first

Still, that's pretty funny - maybe they could even just use old addresses of legit purchases etc - they must all have databases of addresses they can send to.

Glaude
1 minute ago, McGilli said:

I remember talking with @Glaude about this when we went through this a few months ago. Cuz, they pay for tracking on all the packages/letters they are sending - so I couldn't figure out how they make any money (especially on $5 items being ordered)

But - I'm basing that off of Canada where to get anything tracked internationally is HUGEly expensive - you'd lose money hand over first

Still, that's pretty funny - maybe they could even just use old addresses of legit purchases etc - they must all have databases of addresses they can send to.

Pretty sure that doesn't cost them a lot compared to what they manage to get with that scam, scammer are a pest, but one thing they are not is stupid, especially when the scam is done by multiple people. You wouldn't know it, but those email scam with Nigerian prince, etc., does work with some people ! 
The enlarge your penis also works on some people ... not that I would know ... or ... hmm... don't ask... :Whistle:

They could also be spying on regular tracking number from other sellers, if they work close or in a package & send booth near a market, they could spot hundreds of countries with tracking numbers and just "steal" the number and put it into DHGate seller panel

GingerApple

You'd think Da Gate would want to crack down on it because it must create a headache for them with all the disputes. When we all had our issue with that seller, although Da Gate were quick to help with the refund, not a single shit was given about the seller and he just carried on selling with impunity - in spite of me giving them loads of info of the scam he was running.

Glaude
3 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

You'd think Da Gate would want to crack down on it because it must create a headache for them with all the disputes. When we all had our issue with that seller, although Da Gate were quick to help with the refund, not a single shit was given about the seller and he just carried on selling with impunity - in spite of me giving them loads of info of the scam he was running.

DHGate earn money when people sell things, I guess the balance is in their favour by letting this guy operate.
But the accounts usually don't last very long

Ramonessnl

just did my first order on DHgate A GMT master for 35 euro... wonder what I am gonna get

footballdan

Go with the know high sellers only, I bought 3 NBA jersey's from a high seller rating guy and he had like over 40 transactions and many good reviews. I got them in like 3 1/2 weeks. 

cvp3

Yup, I bought some NCAA football jerseys. These are UofM, Nike versions. Came with all the tags, logos, color natch is perfect, all numbers are sewn on (front/back/sleeves) and the jersey material is an EXACT match. $22 versus $200. 

lrnz
9 hours ago, footballdan said:

Go with the know high sellers only, I bought 3 NBA jersey's from a high seller rating guy and he had like over 40 transactions and many good reviews. I got them in like 3 1/2 weeks. 

high sellers or not, shipping time doesn't make any difference if you buy from a high seller or from a less known one

Glaude
2 hours ago, lrnz said:

high sellers or not, shipping time doesn't make any difference if you buy from a high seller or from a less known one

True, you can always pays for quicker shipping, but it's always a rip off ! 

Watchman307

Best course is to find a seller and utilize them for all your wants.ive been dealing with a gent for 3 years - text him whether sneakers, watch, clothing and he photo verifies then complete transaction through gate for protection. Otherwise it’s a roll of the dice