CurioLeo

NOOB Daytona SA4130 Super Clone v2

CurioLeo

Any feedback from current owners on the latest Noob Daytona ? About to drop serious coin on one but I wouldn't mind some actual owner feedback.  Don't tell me to buy an ARF instead, not interested in a cosmetic watch,  no matter how supposedly superior the bracelet, SEL or lug profile is.  For full disclosure of my current thinking, the bracelet will almost certainly be replaced by a gen oysterflex strap with a glidelock clasp and the dial will become a gen when the right one comes along.

BadPickle

Do it

5 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

Any feedback from current owners on the latest Noob Daytona ? About to drop serious coin on one but I wouldn't mind some actual owner feedback.  Don't tell me to buy an ARF instead, not interested in a cosmetic watch,  no matter how supposedly superior the bracelet, SEL or lug profile is.  For full disclosure of my current thinking, the bracelet will almost certainly be replaced by a gen oysterflex strap with a glidelock clasp and the dial will become a gen when the right one comes along.

Jasonbaylee

Wow! I like your premium tastebud but different factories cater to different buyers and wearers.
Look forward to yr gen bracelet on Noob Daytona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GC

So you gotta spend a lot of money... only to have to spend more later?

How bad is the bracelet and dial that they need replacement? 

Wait for the V3 

RussP
56 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

Have a look here: https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/145951-noob-daytona-sa4130-904l-gen-dial-and-bezel/

deju

If you’re in the USA then buy @10:10 Watch Repair ‘s franken 

realistically it’s exactly what you would want to do to it for perfection IMHO 

Pseudorep

Mine arrived today - but it's the white 116520. Movement is amazing so far. Bracelet feels a bit light but once it's on the wrist and sized properly it's fine.

Rx4Time

If you are looking to franken one, get the stainless steel bezel.  Keep in mind that you are looking at around $1k for a dial and $2k plus for a genuine bracelet.  The SS bezels I've seen for $300.  The ceramic bezels will always be a tell on a Rolex.  I'd hate to see you lay out $4k plus on a rep with those tells still present.  I agree with above, buy the franken that 10:10 is selling and then decide on the bracelet.  The visual tells are taken care of already on that one.  The bracelet is primarily a tactile tell, and one you can deal with down the road if you like it enough.  Truthfully, the noob bracelet in 904 is pretty good. . 

Chavezzito

I´ve had mine for 2 weeks now and it´s amazing...go for it!

CurioLeo

Thanks for the feedback guys.  Happy to hear no one is saying it is not worth it.  

Luxuracer

Get yourself a Noob Daytona white dial ceramic bezel 116500.

Enjoy wearing it while hunting for a gen dial. You might just skip the gen dial route all together.

Rolexaner

personally i would not buy the noob, the movement is good, but the the visuals are just too bad        the arf is far superior in any visual aspect , the noob daytona almost looks like a cheap toy watch, all my friends could tell at first glance that it is a fake watch,  i own the noob , the arf and the genuine daytona btw, believe me the noob looks nothing like the real thing, but arf is actually very close to the genuine watch

FoxWilde

Buy noob. upgrade the dial and bracelet to ARF or something

MD12112

Got 2 ss models. Spent £ 500 & upgraded dials and crown, the noob dials are quite obviously fake. Bracelets pass from a distance. Mechanism is good but realistically one keeps + 6 secs a day and disparity of 10 secs in 4 positions, other is +9 secs and disparity of 15 secs in 4 positions. Its otherwise well made, i put one through rigrous testing, scratching etc .... Stood up well. 

I think they are well worth the money if you can swap out the dial. If not...they look very fake. 

CurioLeo
1 hour ago, Luxuracer said:

Get yourself a Noob Daytona white dial ceramic bezel 116500.

Enjoy wearing it while hunting for a gen dial. You might just skip the gen dial route all together.

That's the plan :D

CurioLeo
39 minutes ago, FoxWilde said:

Buy noob. upgrade the dial and bracelet to ARF or something

I already have a gen oysterflex strap and glidelock clasp to replace the bracelet . That's why I said I don't care about SEL, clasp etc on the rep bracelet. Gen dial and I am set until a good deal on a gen Daytona comes along.

FoxWilde
24 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

I already have a gen oysterflex strap and glidelock clasp to replace the bracelet . That's why I said I don't care about SEL, clasp etc on the rep bracelet. Gen dial and I am set until a good deal on a gen Daytona comes along.

Honestly mate, I have the noob clone 116500. I love it, even though I haven't modded it with anything. I'm wearing it right now. daytona3.jpg

Do what you want. It's a great rep.

CurioLeo
4 minutes ago, FoxWilde said:

Honestly mate, I have the noob clone 116500. I love it, even though I haven't modded it with anything. I'm wearing it right now. daytona3.jpg

Do what you want. It's a great rep.

Thanks Fox, precisely what I want to hear. Someone who actually has it and loves it.  I have been waiting for a decade to get a proper Daytona and that includes it being functional hence the nil interest in the ARF version. Wish I understood why a fantastic aesthetic quality AND proper 4130 clone movement can't be combined but I suppose that will be version 7 :rofl:

porschespeedster
2 hours ago, Rolexaner said:

i own the noob , the arf and the genuine daytona btw, believe me the noob looks nothing like the real thing, but arf is actually very close to the genuine watch

Wow, 12 posts but it sounds like you got a heck of a Daytona collection.

When you get time, line 'em up on a table and make us guess which is which...

CurioLeo
8 minutes ago, porschespeedster said:

Wow, 12 posts but it sounds like you got a heck of a Daytona collection.

When you get time, line 'em up on a table and make us guess which is which...

Not sure why one would buy a gen Daytona and two different reps of it but hey, each to their own.  Personally I only buy reps of watches that aren't worth paying 10 or 20 times more for OR excellent reps of watches that are hard to get as a gen without ridiculously inflated prices (read as PAM 127 and Daytona!!)

FoxWilde
51 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

Thanks Fox, precisely what I want to hear. Someone who actually has it and loves it.  I have been waiting for a decade to get a proper Daytona and that includes it being functional hence the nil interest in the ARF version. Wish I understood why a fantastic aesthetic quality AND proper 4130 clone movement can't be combined but I suppose that will be version 7 :rofl:

my plan is to enjoy it now and when the updated NoobTona comes out with a better dial, I'll swap this one for it. Honestly I've not run across a single person who'd tell the difference. Then again, most people in school don't know what a Daytona is, so.... 

win win

Fox

CurioLeo

You realize most people in school can't afford a Daytona right??? :D Or wear a watch for that matter....

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, CurioLeo said:

You realize most people in school can't afford a Daytona right??? :D Or wear a watch for that matter....

The wild fox @FoxWilde is in a whole different class by himself ... riding a skateboard wearing a Rolex Daytona ... ;)

Personally, I think swapping out the dial and bezel for an ARF dial and bezel is a better option than a gen dial. 

CurioLeo
1 hour ago, FoxWilde said:

my plan is to enjoy it now and when the updated NoobTona comes out with a better dial, I'll swap this one for it. Honestly I've not run across a single person who'd tell the difference. Then again, most people in school don't know what a Daytona is, so.... 

win win

Fox

1 minute ago, Luxuracer said:

The wild fox @FoxWilde is in a whole different class by himself ... riding a skateboard wearing a Rolex Daytona ... ;)

Personally, I think swapping out the dial and bezel for an ARF dial and bezel is a better option than a gen dial. 

Is that doable ? I was advised by a TD  the factories were not supplying individual parts (generally speaking) anymore