CurioLeo

NOOB Daytona SA4130 Super Clone v2

porschespeedster

Some people keep their gens as 'safe queens' and rock a rep to avoid wear.

Some people bought gens 10-20 years ago that are now worth 10x what they used to be worth, and rock reps just because they're used to having a watch on.

I'd rather wear a rep when swimming, when wrenching on a car, or working with my hands than a $5k gen.

I see a lot of magnetic stuff (usually computers) while I work...so a lot of days I just wear a quartz chrono.

I feel ya on the idea of your first big gen needs to be something that isn't repped. (Speedy, etc.)

FoxWilde
57 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

The wild fox @FoxWilde is in a whole different class by himself ... riding a skateboard wearing a Rolex Daytona ... ;)

Personally, I think swapping out the dial and bezel for an ARF dial and bezel is a better option than a gen dial. 

First of all it’s a longboard. :D

Most people can’t. I can’t afford gen since I’m going to the Bahamas for the third time this year. Gotta escape the gross weather here. And I blew a lot of money on a new car and some shiny pocket watches.....

55 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

Is that doable ? I was advised by a TD  the factories were not supplying individual parts (generally speaking) anymore 

Depends on who’s got them in stock. Try Mary 

CurioLeo
7 minutes ago, FoxWilde said:

First of all it’s a longboard. :D

Most people can’t. I can’t afford gen since I’m going to the Bahamas for the third time this year. Gotta escape the gross weather here. And I blew a lot of money on a new car and some shiny pocket watches.....

Depends on who’s got them in stock. Try Mary 

Thanks for the tip :D

CurioLeo
15 minutes ago, TheChachi said:

@CurioLeo have you seen the 904 Due rep in person?  I can only speak for the piece on TT website (if it is a rep) but it looks damn close to me.  

28 minutes ago, porschespeedster said:

Some people keep their gens as 'safe queens' and rock a rep to avoid wear.

Some people bought gens 10-20 years ago that are now worth 10x what they used to be worth, and rock reps just because they're used to having a watch on.

I'd rather wear a rep when swimming, when wrenching on a car, or working with my hands than a $5k gen.

I see a lot of magnetic stuff (usually computers) while I work...so a lot of days I just wear a quartz chrono.

I feel ya on the idea of your first big gen needs to be something that isn't repped. (Speedy, etc.)

Agree with you generally but I am in the fortunate position that the Daytona wouldn't be my first big gen :D  I just found it odd that someone had not one but two current reps of a relatively new iconic watch for which they already own the gen  (assuming we are talking ceramic not ss bezel)

Chavezzito

Nt7cs.jpg

Super pretty :wub: