paul784

Hello

paul784

Just a quick hello from me on joining the forum.

I'm a long time Seiko fan and also find it hard to resist a G-Shock or two, or three... you see where I'm going here :D

I'll post some Seiko pics, if I can work out how to.

A few weeks ago, on a whim (guinness induced), I bought a sterile 43 mm Parnis Batman GMT from a well known china site. On arrival I was kinda taken aback by the quality of the watch, I hadn't been expecting much and had already put the whole experience on the "things not to do when you come home from the pub" list.

Instead, I got a cracking watch, sapphire crystal, ceramic etched bezel, accurate timekeeping (10 secs a day), respectable lume (visible all night), well applied indices, solid end links, glide lock bracelet. Its sitting on my desk now and it looks fantastic.

Thats what led me here. I've had a trawl through the forum and have about fifteen rep watches on my bucket list. Decided to jump right in and order one from one of the TDs. I'll let you know what my experience was like when the watch arrives, although from what I have read, patience seems to be the watchword.

Great to be here,

Paul

Edited by paul784

GingerApple
12 minutes ago, paul784 said:

I'll post some Seiko pics, if I can work out how to.

Good lad, welcome to the forum. Use Picr to upload your photos - it's a hosting site closely linked to here and other watch forums. Makes it dead easy. There are threads on here about Picr explaining what to do.

Take your time with buying reps. Make sure you know exactly which model/version/factory/edition you want before you order because quality can vary massively from one copy of a Gen watch to another. It's all good fun though and some of the watches are just amazing in quality, genuinely NWBIG (not worth buying in Gen).

paul784
17 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

Good lad, welcome to the forum.

Thank you.

Glaude

Hi and welcome ! 

As you can see, as soon as you mention Parnis, GingerBlubba came... No surprise here @Tits McGee would say :D 

Have a look at the reviews in there, check the pinned topics in the forum and you'll be good to go on your rep journey !