Khronos

Should I bitch about my new custom strap?

Khronos

Ahoi sailors. 

I decided to treat my PAM with a nice Christmas gift. 

So I ordered this:

http://corrigia.com/en/authentic-watch-strap/la-storia-1940/386/l24-speciale-decima-originale?c=10#a2b9b682e3eecfb7cf86cd6e1312524b

and received that:

IMG-20181218-090337.jpg

The color is off. The long part is not straight, it narrows down at the watch end and looks like a banana. The horizontal stitch is almost at the end of the strap, whereas on the website it's at least 1 cm away from the end. The short part of the strap is crooked at the top. 

Are these enough reasons to give the maker a hard time? Or am I too sensitive and should man up and shut the f#@k up? 

brang1

yes, fuck that.Thats a lot of money for a strap and some differences in leather is acceptable up to a point, its a natural product. BUT this is poor manufacturing and looks nothing like the example ...tell em to stick it where the sun don't shine 

210 bucks FFS 

Khronos
13 minutes ago, brang1 said:

yes, fuck that.Thats a lot of money for a strap and some differences in leather is acceptable up to a point, its a natural product. BUT this is poor manufacturing and looks nothing like the example ...tell em to stick it where the sun don't shine 

210 bucks FFS 

My thoughts exactly. The strap from eBay, from a maker in Thailand, that cost me 30$, is considerably better. Go figure.. And it took them a month to make it.. 

GC

Sir, that is an abomination every which way you slice it. 

Nero, Martu’, Eache, StrapsCo... in that order. Your mileage may vary, but get your money back ASAP ( if possible). 

Bon chance 

splke

that is awful pal johng nero straps are bang on everytime he would never ship something like that

brang1
17 minutes ago, splke said:

that is awful pal johng nero straps are bang on everytime he would never ship something like that

+1 ! too right, Nero would not even look at that for fear of being blinded. That man is quality up and down

Khronos

I had a Nero a couple of years ago and it was beautiful, maybe a bit stiff, but broke in after a very short time. My favorite so far was Wotancraft, it was perfect in every way, but quite expensive. Does anyone have any experience with Gunny or Mays Berlin? 

TheSav

I'd be upset at half the price!! 

CurioLeo
48 minutes ago, Khronos said:

Ahoi sailors. 

I decided to treat my PAM with a nice Christmas gift. 

So I ordered this:

http://corrigia.com/en/authentic-watch-strap/la-storia-1940/386/l24-speciale-decima-originale?c=10#a2b9b682e3eecfb7cf86cd6e1312524b

and received that:

IMG-20181218-090337.jpg

The color is off. The long part is not straight, it narrows down at the watch end and looks like a banana. The horizontal stitch is almost at the end of the strap, whereas on the website it's at least 1 cm away from the end. The short part of the strap is crooked at the top. 

Are these enough reasons to give the maker a hard time? Or am I too sensitive and should man up and shut the f#@k up? 

You totally need to bitch big time. Custom made shouldn't mean "uniquely shitty"

Theduke.williams

doesn't look anything like the advert.

Friday afternoon job made by the apprentice methinks (and not QC'd).

For what you paid damned right I'd complain.

Luxuracer

Send it back and get yourself 3 Nero straps ;) 

Khronos

I just sent them kind regards and love, but am a bit worried about their legal disclaimer :

Screenshot-20181218-103425.jpg

It took them a couple of Friday afternoons, since they needed a month to get it over here. When I contacted the guy two weeks ago, he replied that you can't rush art :D LOL

brang1
31 minutes ago, Khronos said:

I had a Nero a couple of years ago and it was beautiful, maybe a bit stiff, but broke in after a very short time. My favorite so far was Wotancraft, it was perfect in every way, but quite expensive. Does anyone have any experience with Gunny or Mays Berlin? 

Gunny are great, still overpriced in my opinion , but generally great quality. Horses for courses . Gunnys stuff is meant to look very rustic and hand made. In this case though, the advertised strap, given even the Hand Made scenario is nothing like the one you got. The stitching for a start, horrible 

Theduke.williams

Distance selling regulations within the EEC would allow you a 14 day cooling off period AFTER receipt of the goods, during which time you can ask for a refund. You oly need to return the goods in an 'As new' condition.

Looks like this seller is based in Germany, so there should not be any problem getting a refund.

Check out the regs via Google.

GingerApple
5 minutes ago, Theduke.williams said:

Distance selling regulations within the EEC would allow you a 14 day cooling off period AFTER receipt of the goods, during which time you can ask for a refund. You oly need to return the goods in an 'As new' condition.

Looks like this seller is based in Germany, so there should not be any problem getting a refund.

Check out the regs via Google.

I think they  specifically exclude certain goods such as CDs/DVDs where the seal had been broken and, more importantly, custom made/bespoke items.

SteveA

Ripped off with this one ,do your best to get a full refund and if they don’t youve got to name and shame everywhere you can.

Rx4Time

Looks nothing like what they advertised as all above have said.  their legal disclaimers claims that they are making it to the customer specifications, and pretty sure you specified you wanted the one in the picture or something very close to it as some of the coloring due to tanning will vary from piece to piece.  If they give you a hard time how did you pay for this piece?  If by credit card or PayPal goods and service, you can always threaten a chargeback if they give you problems.

Khronos

Well, Cengio won't have any, he thinks it's perfect... Here’s what he said:

"you ordered the strap with OEM-Style Foldind and Sew-in Pre-V Buckle.
therefore is the stitching line adjustet to the inlay leather and  
holes are made for pre-v buckle.
With the Product configurator you can create 480.000 Variants of one Straps.
The Variant on my product page is a True Vintage Folded Strap with  
Sew-in GPF Buckle.
For me looks your strap looks good. Its a 100 percen handmade strap  
and not a industrial product.

I can not make a refund, the strap is hanmade for you and all our  
products comes with custom dimension and special design which are  
produced according to customer.
Customised and special products are excluded from the  §312d BGB  
Cancellation and return policy."

I say f&#k Corrigia and their overpriced crap. 

Khronos

I paid with Paypal goods and services, this might be a good leverage. The stitch on the watch head end is on a completely different position than on mine. And sure, I wanted the strap to look like the one in the pics, but I got a product made by a cross-eyed ape. 

They also claim to have them made in 12 days and it was double the time. 

Khronos

This is what I wanted:

Screenshot-20181218-115321.jpg

And never asked for a "custom" stitch almost at the end of the strap.. 

Genius

How does it fit the watch? I'm guessing that with the banana shape it will not fit is too small and a load of bar showing in which case you have a claim even on a custom item as it is not to spec.

Fact is you should have gone Nero.  JohnG would have thrown that shit in the bin (but would call it the trash because he's a yank) before he even considered sending you a ac pic of it.  No fucking way that would have left his workshop in anything other than a bin bag.  We have a great resource with the forum dealers just stick to them in the future. 

Mystery Shopper

Is there a way you can leave feedback on their site?

To quote my old South African boss. ' it really is crrrrrap'.

splke
36 minutes ago, Khronos said:

I paid with Paypal goods and services, this might be a good leverage. The stitch on the watch head end is on a completely different position than on mine. And sure, I wanted the strap to look like the one in the pics, but I got a product made by a cross-eyed ape. 

They also claim to have them made in 12 days and it was double the time. 

dispute pp just to fuckem off if nowt else

Khronos

No, they don't have the option to leave feedback..for a reason I suppose.. 

The strap fits the lugs, but it's wider in the middle, it narrows down towards the watch end. The short part is wider than the lugs though , it's about 27-28mm and it is cut wrong, it's crooked. 

I know where I'll never buy a strap from again.. Overpriced pieces of crap.. 

Rx4Time

PP dispute.  Custom-made does not mean it should look like my five-year-old made it.  Depending how you funded PayPal, if you used a credit card an additional round of dispute you have available to you.  even looking at the pictures you could see it's poorly made and nothing close to the sample.  Best of luck with the dispute I have a feeling they will find in your favor