Khronos

Should I bitch about my new custom strap?

Howitzer
39 minutes ago, splke said:

dispute pp just to fuckem off if nowt else

This...

1 minute ago, Rx4Time said:

PP dispute.  Custom-made does not mean it should look like my five-year-old made it.  Depending how you funded PayPal, if you used a credit card an additional round of dispute you have available to you.  even looking at the pictures you could see it's poorly made and nothing close to the sample.  Best of luck with the dispute I have a feeling they will find in your favor

and this. 

Definite PP dispute territory. Having had a PP dispute opened against me (prick of an eBay buyer, PP ruled in my favour eventually) I can attest that it is a royal pain in the arse, even if you win. I appreciate that the strap is "custom made", but as @Rx4Time says, there are items with better quality finish being produced in primary school arts and craft classes. The fact that they charged you over $200 for this monstrosity makes it even more appalling. 

Khronos

Agreed, it doesn't look like anything that originally cost 339$..I paid with Paypal and used my Mastercard for funding, so I guess I'll do it the good old PP dispute way. I'm still waiting for the reply from Corrigia, but I'm not very optimistic, the guy is one of those that are all sweetness before you transfer your funds and then act like you're THE pain in their ass if you even dare to ask a question... Oh well, live and learn.. 

Thank you guys for your responses, I appreciate it! 

Khronos

Check out this reply, this guy should write scripts for Star Trek:

"there is no defect. Its Cutted straigt, its a soft strap you must wear  
it to strech right.

You ordered  OEM-Style-Folded with Sew-in Pre-V Buckle therefore is  
the stitching line adjustet to the inlay leather." 

Thommo82

Fuck that.....

Custom or not, you paid for a certain product and recieved something totally different. 

That’s called fraud in my book.

Do what you can to kick them where it hurts. 

Rx4Time

And also I think there's a bit of misrepresentation/fraud if they have a machine that actually makes it.  How can that be called handmade then? 

Khronos

Meh.. I'll do what needs to be done, he just blew his chance.. 

Glaude

That's a load of bollocks he just told you about the custom made being excluded.
It's in Germany, it's in the EU, it's not the German civil code that applies on that transaction.

It's not about not wanting the product because it doesn't please you, it's about returning a faulty product according to the general advertisement provided on the seller website.
This has nothing to do with it being custom-made, it falls under the general rule of a faulty product.

That would be too easy, set up a shop that only does custom things, take good pics and send crap product and hide behind the fact that they are handmade, that would only work if the product advertised were as shitty on the picture.
And thankfully, it's not up to the seller to determine if the product is as good as the advertisement, it's up to the consumer to decide.

You can have back and forth all day with the seller about every little detail, in the end, you as a consumer, are entitled to receive what you expected based on the advertisement you got, and if you are not satisfied with the received product, you are entitled to make good use of E.U. Law that German laws can't contradict on that particular point.

The rules are clearly stated here : https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm 

Here is a general documentation about the same subject : https://termsfeed.com/blog/return-refund-laws-eu/#What_is_a_ReturnRefund_Policy

Also, when doing your PayPal charge back, be careful to include every detail possible to PayPal if asked, in order to prove that you tried to communicate and come to an agreement with the seller.

GingerApple
2 minutes ago, Glaude said:

That's a load of bollocks he just told you about the customs made being excluded.
It's in Germany, it's in the EU, it's not the German civil code that applies on that transaction.

It's not about not wanting the product because it doesn't please you, it's about returning a faulty product according to the general advertisement provided on the seller website.
This has nothing to do with it being custom-made, it falls under the general rule of a faulty product.

That would be too easy, set up a shop that only does custom things, take good pics and send crap product and hide behind the fact that they are handmade, that would only work if the product advertised were as shitty on the picture.
And thankfully, it's not up to the seller to determine if the product is as good as the advertisement, it's up to the consumer to decide.

You can have back and forth all day with the seller about every little detail, in the end, you as a consumer, are entitled to receive what you expected based on the advertisement you got, and if you are not satisfied with the received product, you are entitled to make good use of E.U. Law that German laws can't contradict on that particular point.

The rules are clearly stated here : https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm 

Here is a general documentation about the same subject : https://termsfeed.com/blog/return-refund-laws-eu/#What_is_a_ReturnRefund_Policy

Also, when doing your PayPal charge back, be careful to include every detail possible to PayPal if asked, in order to prove that you tried to communicate and come to an agreement with the seller.

This is why he's my guru.:Love:

Luxuracer
16 minutes ago, Glaude said:

@Khronos ... tell them that you have the whole legal team of RWG backing you up ... including our Tech Admin/Head Counsel Baron the Bagel.

BenjaminButton
1 hour ago, AskGinger said:

This is why he's my guru.:Love:

To quote my half french friend's fully french cousin ...... 'all Englishemen are homeosexuals'. 

Mike777

I just got 2 straps from them and both on their half price sale that started in mid November to January 1st. They are decent for what I paid but for full price I would have felt ripped off. Probably have a lot of new people trying to get them out in a hurry before Christmas. They need to fix this it is very obvious that the stitching is not professional.

Jibuti

A. ... perhaps leather is fine by itself, but result still looks cheap and poorly made for that money.

now....Gunny is fine, still pricey yes, but all my straps gotten in 10 yrs were perfect. this....this here is sad, not even a word of apology.

I feel for you.

Image result for falling down gif

BadApple
8 hours ago, Khronos said:

I had a Nero a couple of years ago and it was beautiful, maybe a bit stiff, but broke in after a very short time. My favorite so far was Wotancraft, it was perfect in every way, but quite expensive. Does anyone have any experience with Gunny or Mays Berlin? 

That strap is awful - had better for $15 off AliExpress. 

Nero guarantees his straps - if they break he fixes FOC - I assume you returned it to him?

I have 5 of his straps and for the money you paid you could have had 3 of his. 

KarmaToBurn

Definite dispute on this one. How does modifying the stitching to accommodate a sewn in buckle move the stitching on the lug side of the strap? Are the lengths correct as ordered? I think I see a refund issued in the near future. 

Wriggles

Agree with all the above, but fuck me for that money I'd expect a strap handsewn by a dozen virgins and hand (job) delivered by one of them.  I don't see how any strap handmade or not is worth that kind of money, lunacy

Jibuti

yup.... price of very well preserved Adeeos ammo...

oh well.... RIP  Kevin, too....

deju

Just saw on google image the l24 does indeed have crazy variations on the horizontal stitch. 

I get they are custom but I wouldn’t expect that much of a difference. 

As mentioned by Glaude while indeed custom items are indeed exempt from any long distance selling returns. That does not give seller the green light to sell crap to you and claim custom. 

Imho the watch trades off the aesthetic of a classic panerai style. Case and point the 74 series strap. A legend in risti circles. The Low horizontal stitch is to me a key part of its design. If the custom build affects this they should A) show the possible variations in the photos. B) warn that the aesthetics may not be as pictured. 

Its like selling a custom 74 series strap. Writing 47 on the strap and exclaiming it’s custom. 

Glaude
1 hour ago, Wriggles said:

Agree with all the above, but fuck me for that money I'd expect a strap handsewn by a dozen virgins and hand (job) delivered by one of them.  I don't see how any strap handmade or not is worth that kind of money, lunacy

Unless there's a exotic and rare type of leather used, indeed, you could only price like that if you are Hermès or the like in the trade !

47 minutes ago, deju said:

Just saw on google image the l24 does indeed have crazy variations on the horizontal stitch. 

I get they are custom but I wouldn’t expect that much of a difference. 

As mentioned by Glaude while indeed custom items are indeed exempt from any long distance selling returns. That does not give seller the green light to sell crap to you and claim custom. 

Imho the watch trades off the aesthetic of a classic panerai style. Case and point the 74 series strap. A legend in risti circles. The Low horizontal stitch is to me a key part of its design. If the custom build affects this they should A) show the possible variations in the photos. B) warn that the aesthetics may not be as pictured. 

Its like selling a custom 74 series strap. Writing 47 on the strap and exclaiming it’s custom. 

The problem lies in the appreciation of what is variability of a handmade product and pure defect.
Customer protection in the EU is always siding with the buyer because it's the most vulnerable part of this type of contract.
In that case, in court this could take ages to resolve as it's really a matter of interpretation and the limit to what could be considered variability instead of defects would be, in the end, decided by the judge.

The PayPal charge back approach will lead to better and quicker result, even if to win it, you have to be a little picky on details.

Khronos

Now this is why I love this place, I really do :wub:! You'd never get this much support and good advice anywhere else. 

@Glaude Thank you for taking the time for your reply, it really helped and I learned a lot.

@deju Very well said, he's simply hiding behind his "Return and cancellation policy" and his 480000 variants. I guess he thinks he can just unload his crap on a customer and be done with it.

@Wriggles a virgin handjob would be in place, I agree :D

@BADAPPLE it's just my poor speaky Englyshe, I wanted to say that his strap was a bit stiff at first, but became more pliable after a short period of time :)

@jibuti Cheers bro... Wanna buy it? :D Love the GIF too :D

@Luxuracer I'm trying to keep things civil here, but I'll use these drastic measures if necessary..you can't just go around threatening people like that... ;)

Jibuti
1 hour ago, Khronos said:

@jibuti Cheers bro... Wanna buy it? :D Love the GIF too :D

Thanks but... have no need for 26mm straps ATM.

D.

Khronos
4 minutes ago, jibuti said:

Thanks but... have no need for 26mm straps ATM.

D.

I was just kidding, I would never try to sell this POS to anybody, especially not to my favorite backdoor customer :D

Khronos

My bitching was successful, I just got a refund. And a plea never to order a strap from them again.. :D

Thanks again to all of you, I feel blessed to be a part of this wonderful place! 

Jibuti

great news.... now you can buy TODAY! a new strap.

Khronos

Ooooh weeee :)

Dunno, I'm not sure if I'm keeping my 569 destro anyway.. 

splke

:clap:Result pal