MDavid

Cartier Santos 100XL Replacement Strap

MDavid

As most know the leather strap or band that comes on the Cartier 100XL is really bad. I checked with Cartier for an original replacement but that was over $400 so that was out of the question. I read it was possible to get a decent one from Vietnam but when I researched it it appears the quality was questionable and it took months to get and then there is a question of customs. I finally found a seller on eBay who has them custom made in genuuine Crocodile at a reasonable price and it was immediately available. I bought one and when it arrived I was over the moon with it and it arrived in 3 days. The difference it makes when wearing it is amazing, I never want to take it off. If anybody is looking for one the eBay listing number is 173665439104.

Everybody have a happy holiday. 

Glaude

JLiWHge.gif

MDavid

I looked at the one from ziczac but like I said I didn't want to wait the 2 months it takes to get here also if there is an issue with it sending it back to Vietnam would take forever. Buying it off of eBay I had it in 3 days and as everybody knows if there is any issue I am covered under the eBay buyer protection. 

Edited by MDavid

Glaude
4 minutes ago, MDavid said:

I looked at the one from ziczac but like I said I didn't want to wait the 2 months it takes to get here also if there is an issue with it sending it back to Vietnam would take forever. Buying it off of eBay I had it in 3 days and as everybody knows if there is any issue I am covered under the eBay buyer protection. 

Ziczac is a TD over at RWI if you are worried about that :) 

Luxuracer
12 minutes ago, MDavid said:

I have 3 Ziczac straps. You can not find the same quality croc straps at that price.

MDavid

It is more the waiting than anything else, I am not a very patient person. Anyway, it makes no difference to me where anybody buys their strap this is where I found mine and I am very happy with it so I just thought I would share.

Theviking

Yes the lead times for ziczac are long and for they have messed a few things up (not following my design spec and sending the wrong size strap) but when I pointed the issues out they have always offered to refund or replace. I've bought 4 straps from them so far and I plan to continue to use them. 

BadApple
1 hour ago, MDavid said:

Mine took just over a week. Where did you get two months from? 

Luxuracer
41 minutes ago, BADAPPLE said:

Mine took just over a week. Where did you get two months from? 

Nah .... He just wanted to share where he got his 'overpriced' watch strap. He doesn't really care about other people's opinions or where they get their straps.

So ... No comment is needed. :rofl:

MDavid

Sorry I said anything, I will never post again.

Luxuracer
2 minutes ago, MDavid said:

Sorry I said anything, I will never post again.

:rofl:

Do not get too sensitive. We are just a bunch of fuckers banters.

Grow a little bit thicker skin and you will be fine.